23 October 2007 - Hallowe'en Event - For ALL

Fudgy999

23 October 2007 - Hallowe'en Event - For ALL Players!

This year's spooky event has arrived! A few months ago we posted a Guaranteed Content Poll on the website allowing you to choose the nature of the Hallowe'en event and the rewards you'd get. After working our fingers to the bone we've made something to meet all of your wishes!

The Grim Reaper has opened up his house for this special occasion. His previous servant has taken a turn for the worse and the Reaper has applied for a new assistant to help with his household chores. Now, when we say 'household chores', don't go expecting to be polishing furniture, ironing or mopping the floor - you'll be clambering through a maze of cobwebs, avoiding traps, wading through goo and trying to avoid getting eaten by his pet hellhound, Muncher.

It's a safe event, so don't worry about losing items. Don't expect any hospitable treatment either, as the Reaper is not much of a host; in fact, some would say he's bone idle!

You'll find the entrance to the house in the form of a portal, south of Falador and near the elemental wizards. So, turn down the lights, pump up the volume and be prepared for a house of chills, thrills and some rather silly fun!

The Hallowe'en 2007 event is open to both free-to-play and members.

Summary

Where to start Hallowe'en Event 2007

The black POH portal south of Falador, near the elemental wizards.

Access to

A large mansion, the size of Edgeville

3 tasks to complete around the mansion

A variety of things to explore

New item and emote!

Also:

23 October 2007 - New RuneScape front page

We have made a few changes to the RuneScape front page, making it more accessible and easier to get around, while also highlighting some areas you may not have looked at before.

The first change is to the 'Recent News' scroll. Instead of five news items, we have made room for six. The oldest three have been made into 'More News' links, while the three newest updates are on their own at the top, making it easier to tell if something has been added to the game or website.

You might also notice two new sections of the scroll. 'Article of the Week' focuses on a Knowledge Base page that might be useful or interesting to you, whether you are playing through the newest piece of content or simply exploring RuneScape. 'Recently added articles' focuses on those Knowledge Base pages that have just been released, often giving information on the newest releases. Who knows - you might just find out a hint or trick that will help you master that new piece of content!

There has been a slight reshuffle to the left of the scroll, too. Here you will find a search box, so that you can find your desired Knowledge Base information quickly.

You will also find that the Lores and Histories and Development Diaries get their very own links, while Players' Gallery, Postbag from the Hedge and the God Letters have a new home in 'Player Submissions'. Additionally, the 'Manual' link now takes you directly to the articles and guides of the Knowledge Base, where before you had to click through an extra screen.

Please take some time to get to grips with this new design and its differences. We hope it won't take you long to realise that it makes more sense and is much more accessible!

Discuss

Whatpulse!

213358.png

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good!! \'

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

i dont get people these days, a hood? we have over 30 different kinds in game already!
Yeah, how the hell is a HOOD better than a broom that lets you move around by FLYING. ugh.

Yay though, ftp's first hood. Yesssss. Once it loads I'm gonna get it on both my accounts that have scythe's. Yayyyy.

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0

I wonder how many valuable development hours were spent on this temporary update :(

Just not interested.... sorry

None, there's a dedicated team that does Events.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Looks good, as soon as i get home from school im going to get it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]