lock please

ego_scorpion

i'm hoping that it stabilizes the economy by killing certain forms of merching. by one of these types of scenarios |

|

|

v

say You need sharks fast and all you can find is a merchant selling way overpriced. But Wait! some one is selling sharks on the grand exchange for normal price!

that and i think a neat idea for a cross the worlds drop party is that you put the items on the grand exchange super cheap and players scramble to buy. That and, maybe world 2 will finally lose some players if it does hit the merchanting bussiness.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have found an answer to all of this

What if this grand exchange had a small tax on using it (10% maybe) for both the buyer and seller?

Lets say you put something up for 100k the person than buys it would spend 110k and the person that sells it would get 90k.

I think this might slow down the huge amount of money going into the game due to high alching and stuff and also keep merchanters going about there normal business.

And I think it would also go along with what jagex said earlier about the new shop system update where they said something along the lines of "you will be saving time but paying more", but in this case it wouldn't really save time just effort (possibly time too) \'

What if this grand exchange had a small tax on using it (10% maybe) for both the buyer and seller?

Lets say you put something up for 100k the person than buys it would spend 110k and the person that sells it would get 90k.

I think this might slow down the huge amount of money going into the game due to high alching and stuff and also keep merchanters going about there normal business.

And I think it would also go along with what jagex said earlier about the new shop system update where they said something along the lines of "you will be saving time but paying more", but in this case it wouldn't really save time just effort (possibly time too) \'

Then whats to stop people from trading the old way? Nobody will pay that kinda tax, maybe 1%

swordwarior.png

Then whats to stop people from trading the old way? Nobody will pay that kinda tax, maybe 1%

thats what i mean....... alot of people will trade the old way...........

witch will keep merchanting going

i think this would be use by people who want to sell easly or buy fast

(and ya the tax might be a bit too high, but 1% is way too low)

ya, but then there would be no point of puting the grand exchange in in the first place if no one would use it because of the tax

GESig.gif

ya, but then there would be no point of puting the grand exchange in in the first place if no one would use it because of the tax

i think it would just be a trade off... i think plenty of people would still use the grand exchange and only the people that don't want to be bothered with the trivial tax wouldn't... (merchanters)

also I think a better tax would be 5% or so (which isn't really too bad)

[hide=Quotes]

i think it would just be a trade off... i think plenty of people would still use the grand exchange and only the people that don't want to be bothered with the trivial tax wouldn't... (merchanters)

also I think a better tax would be 5% or so (which isn't really too bad)

[/hide]

if there's a tax on it i don't think anyone will use it over the forums or world 2.

soldersig.jpg

If their is a tax on it I can see it being taxed for a % amount of the total listed cost each 12 - 24 hour period the item is listed. Therefore if the total % taxed is 1% and the item is listed for 3 days before it is sold then that item would be charged 1% of the list price 3 times if it was taxed every 24 hours the item was listed.

I agree though, if there is a tax then a lot of players will probably avoid using this for higher cost items due to the tax, however, it can be very good for buying/selling bulk items.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

i don't think this will hurt murch cus people that need an item will not travel to the exchange just to see if it is there or not . ie sharks to pk with unless they are going out right now

NO TAX NEEDED for the the exchange

will help me to get rid of stuff in my bank to lazy to sell in bank

exchange = ebay ebay has not put any stores out of biss this will not put murch out of biss either

You really must not know much about merchanting or anything that deals with alot of money in the game.

If 2M people use this system each day averaging 50K per trade that would be 10B taken out of the game each day (yes thats a B)

The runescape economy simply can not take this... no economy could.

All a tax over 1% would do is prevent all high levels from selling anying expensive or in bulk on it.

The result would be a market full of low level trash... -.-

Does anyone what that?

CnConrad - RIP 10-12-07

1650+ Total lvl Pre-Summoning

106 Cb lvl Pre-Summoning

Quest Cape Pre-Summoning

9ab2a6cefd.png

If their is a tax on it I can see it being taxed for a % amount of the total listed cost each 12 - 24 hour period the item is listed. Therefore if the total % taxed is 1% and the item is listed for 3 days before it is sold then that item would be charged 1% of the list price 3 times if it was taxed every 24 hours the item was listed.

I agree though, if there is a tax then a lot of players will probably avoid using this for higher cost items due to the tax, however, it can be very good for buying/selling bulk items.

No No No #-o

Don't you understand you will be paying alot in tax if you sell 5-10M worth of bulk items. :wall:

And if your Bulk is less than 5-10m. Its not really bulk.

CnConrad - RIP 10-12-07

1650+ Total lvl Pre-Summoning

106 Cb lvl Pre-Summoning

Quest Cape Pre-Summoning

9ab2a6cefd.png

Ok, so before you post saying "OMFG! WAIT TIL IT COMES OUT!", just please read my post and then post that :D

This has nothing to do with the update itself, but the market. I was sitting here thinking "Wow, this update is going to make it easier to sell stuff." when that got me thinking market wise. This is my proposal:

The first day The Grand Exchange comes out, I predict a price drop. Since the thing will come out, everyone will start using it (At first) to sell stuff. This will lead to competition, meaning, that prices should drop minor/major for some items. I believe the most effected will be rares.

This is my prediction and this has nothing to do with me not knowing 'The Grand Exchange" and how it works, but from experience in markets. This is my prediction. Now, I don't recommend all selling at once/anyone selling because I could be wrong, but I am going to sell my rares this Sunday. If the GE comes out Monday and nothing happens, I won't lose any money because they won't jump up in a day. This is just a risk I am taking because of earlier experiences.

Now, you may all post.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

I predict that every prediction about this thing will turn out to be worthless since we don't know how they will implement it.

How much it gets used, and what impact it has on prices, depends entirely on the details. Even small differences in how it works will have a huge impact.

The speculation may be fun, but it really doesn't mean anything.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I predict that every prediction about this thing will turn out to be worthless since we don't know how they will implement it.

How much it gets used, and what impact it has on prices, depends entirely on the details. Even small differences in how it works will have a huge impact.

The speculation may be fun, but it really doesn't mean anything.

As I stated, I don't know how it will be and I am not basing it entirely off The GE. I am basing it off the market. Now, if it doesn't happen, smite me. But if it does, then I made some money from selling my rares and buying them back.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

but wait, as some1 here said, what if every1 tries selling for tripple its price? well then...

if items go up or down in price what do i care? i dont buy things from other players. however, ill be using it for those boring sellings like things from my kingdom

I'm guessing that the GE will basically be player-owned shops. I don't know if we'll be able to set our own prices, though.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)