Congratulations, you just advanced a summoning level

onedaysoon

Well here it is, the long awaited briefing of the newest addition to the Rs skills, Summoning. Back in 2004 we got our first knowledge of what could have well been a new Runescape skill, back then it was not thought likely but as of January 2008 it will be real.

With this weeks new development diary release JaGex has told us of the upcoming new skill summoning. At first they were thinking of making it just another add on to the magic skill, but with the release of Desert treasure and Lunar diplomacy in their minds they scratched that idea. The idea of the skill had gone through many of the JaGex senior staff's minds each one trying to design the skill, until now when they have one.

On the Runescape Forums people are speculating as to what they believe the new summoning skill will bring to Runescape, a trusty battle companion? A new way to show off? a form of protection? Well all of these could be correct but we just do not have enough information currently.

Who knows what the new skill will be like and who knows how it will affect the Runescape community, well anyway here are a few thoughts of some people that contacted me.

"To be honest I am slightly worried about it, I have just achieved my long goal of getting every skill to level 70+ and I am now going for my third 99, I would like to achieve it before this update so that I can maintain my 70+ skill outlook on the RS high scores."

"Well in my opinion its great that JaGex is bringing out a new skill, if you think about it, it has been over a year since they last released a new skill, hunter. I look forward to it as I find it increasingly harder to level my skills and a new skill to level will be great fun."

"I'm not to sure about this new skill because it could turn out to be my favorite skill or my most hated. I have a feeling that when it comes out as soon as I try it that I will want to become the best, I will want to be one of the first to 99 and I will want to get and hold a rank in the top 100 for the skill, I don't really want it to happen but it might."

These are just a few comments from some people that have messaged me and I think that it is a good mix, people looking forward to it, people nervous about it and some people that arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t quite ready for a new skill to be introduced.

All of these are very valid points. Thinking about what happened when the new skill Hunter was released and also thinking back to when Rune crafting was released, I remember people flocking in the hundreds in every world to the new training spot for the new skill to get those levels up and go for the rank #1 because when a skill first comes out that rank could be anyoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s, even yours.

I feel that when it is released once again people will flock, and once again smarter and stronger people will take advantage of the opportunity to go and level some other skills very fast like people training at a very popular area that is always crowded, with the new update it will be like a ghost town, (not port Phasmytes though, thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a crowded ghost town :thumbsup: ) every once in a while something like this comes out and then the people who are capable of trying it out to the full extent really go all out at it, there is nothing wrong with this as it is the spirit of the game.

You know what IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d really like to see? this skill made available to free players as well, I mean even though I am a member it isn't very fair to all of those free players that just sit back and have to miserably watch the members having a great time leveling up the new skill while they just mine, wood cut fish or cook, things that they have done so many thousands of times, it is time a new skill was released that is available to free players and members, its just like schools, Public and Private.

As for me I say bring it on, JaGex continues to update, making new skills, items, monsters, areas and much more, every time a new one is released they get their feedback, some good, some bad. I think this is going to be one of those major RS changing moments, not just because it is a new skill, but also because it has been thought about for three years now.

And so I say, thanks JaGex for this sneak peak into the newest RS skill. this is the new thing, this is the new skill, the 24th skill of Runescape 2.

Come January next year I will get my money and all other required equipment and get ready to do some serious summoning!

4sDIn.png

Great Post. I agree that free players need some benefits too...its like continously offering something great then snatching it away. Maybe this skill will offer some closure for the year (yes I know its coming out in January but still), as it has been a big one full of content. Five years time Runescape will no longer be the main focus. I think summoning could possibly be the start of some big updates over the next few years until we say goodbye.

I Quit. You should too.

The guy from Jagex didn't say after 5 years runescape wouldn't be their focus. He said for five years it would, they can't really promise any more than a five year outlook. Besides the runescape player base is growing by 35% every year, if it continues to do so I doubt they'll abandon it.

ccb155d849.png

i agree, i would like to see summoning a f2p skill to with tons more members benefits. cmon they should get dogs at least... rite? or make gertrudes cat quest f2p.

they need something fun, and this would work for alot of people to agree with.

you like cats? heres a cat for every1 to have now. f2p gets update and supporters of f2p update are pleased.

hate f2p update supporters? well, ever get pissed off @ a cat being in your way? imagine all of f2p being that pissed off.

summoning may not be a new skill it could be a feature. -.-

it annoys me how people are getting all worked up about summoning.

its probably going to be really bad cause of the lag

AHEM, jAgEx ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED IT IS A SKILL

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I've heard so many stories recently, and seen for myself, a lot more lag and server crashes and client crashes and dodgy connections at jagex's end, honestly, i posted this in the thread on the rsof....they need to fix all this first..or summoning will just make it much much worse.

Congratulations, you advanced a post about something we know next to nothing about level....

congratulations, you have just been caught from posting useless posts to gain post count.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Congratulations, you advanced a post about something we know next to nothing about level....

congratulations, you have just been caught from posting useless posts to gain post count.

Congratulations Hbk_Hossack, you just gained a Owned By Deal level!

I think people are getting too excited about summoning. I've heard a couple people planning the best way to get to 99 quickly - WTF!

It's better to assume it'll be average and be pleasantly surprised than get really excited about it and feel let down. So just ignore the fact that it's coming soon :thumbup:

Plugpoint92 ::'

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

congratulations, you too myssy. Ah nuts, I did it too.

<.<

Though I do find it pointless that people are speculating about summoning so much, can't you just wait a few months please? All I'm seeing on these forums at the moment is speculation and rants and all that jazz about summoning. We all have conceived ideas on summoning, shall we just keep them to ourselves until the update actually occurs?

Sig.jpg

I've heard so many stories recently, and seen for myself, a lot more lag and server crashes and client crashes and dodgy connections at jagex's end, honestly, i posted this in the thread on the rsof....they need to fix all this first..or summoning will just make it much much worse.

Lag? On RuneScape?

Lol.

Jagex knows what its engine is and isn't capable of.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Great Post. I agree that free players need some benefits too...its like continously offering something great then snatching it away. Maybe this skill will offer some closure for the year (yes I know its coming out in January but still), as it has been a big one full of content. Five years time Runescape will no longer be the main focus. I think summoning could possibly be the start of some big updates over the next few years until we say goodbye.

Can you say RS3?

I hope it has to do something with f2p (yeah right) maybe like colored gloves, members make 'em f2pers buy 'em. But no point in getting my hopes up. Although that would do wonders for p2p economy.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

Firstly, I'd like to say what an interesting read that was :)

I myself will be one of those thousands trying to get as high rank as possible on the first day it comes out purely for fun :)

I don't agree with it being able for Non - Members as why should they be getting the same things as us even though there getting it for free and we're not?

Lag? On RuneScape?

Lol.

Jagex knows what its engine is and isn't capable of.

yeah jagex would not put a skill on runescape that would lag the entire game. They are smarter then that.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

And what are you doing Mr. Dragontotem?

Hypocrisy?

As for lag in the game, JaGEx isn't dumb enough to implement a system to will cause an enormous amount of lag. They test these sort of things out first. And if it happens to create more lag than they thought? Yay, they fix it.

icecube7.jpeg

Can you say RS3?

I hope it has to do something with f2p (yeah right) maybe like colored gloves, members make 'em f2pers buy 'em. But no point in getting my hopes up. Although that would do wonders for p2p economy.

Bleeeeegh, no, no RS3, Rs3 is a myth. There is no reason to make yet another version. Or...is there? :-k

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

yeh f2p does deserve an update i cant remember the last time they had 1....or a new skill....i agree 100% cuz not all of em are made of money or have the money to spend on a game.....they deserve good treatment too :anxious:

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

yeh f2p does deserve an update i cant remember the last time they had 1....or a new skill....i agree 100% cuz not all of em are made of money or have the money to spend on a game.....they deserve good treatment too :anxious:

SOS update, what has it been, 2 or so years? And the fact is, JaGex hates F2Pers 'cause we don't waste our money to play a game. So they release all of these cool updates for P2P to lure more in.

I do agree with it being F2P, if not some F2P. I mean, the F2P skills get boring over time, doing the same thing over and over...

Interesting article.

Firstly, I'd like to say what an interesting read that was Smile

I myself will be one of those thousands trying to get as high rank as possible on the first day it comes out purely for fun Smile

I don't agree with it being able for Non - Members as why should they be getting the same things as us even though there getting it for free and we're not?

Why the hell not? Let's put it this way: you may be able to afford RS membership, but not everyone can spend $60 for it. For all we know, there could be a child playing RS in the Bronx with an old lag-happy computer, and his family can barely make enough to survive, but this is the best thing he can do on his free time. But he'll eventually get bored without a new skill, or even a new update, like many F2Pers. I'm an F2Per, I have $200 dollars in my wallet from working last week, but I'm not wasting it on RS. Nowadays, I haven't enough time to play it, another reason why it should be F2P/bit of F2P. Not everyone has the time to play, but when they find time and play it, there is probably nothing to do on it.

General point: Not everyone can afford RS, nor pay for it because they haven't the time, like myself.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I love all of the F2P support. I don't pay because I [am supposed to] have a 45 minute limit online, and my parents won't let me anyway. I'm happy enough playing the free version.

This was a good post. Many of the posts on speculations about the new Summoning skill have been slopped down just to post and start up a discussion. Nice job.

Wow...I was never really on-topic very well...oh well.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img