Blackmark removal!

Adicolorz

[hide=my earlier post]

Official forums:

Quick find code: 14-15-252-55394896

As always, we are continuing to make the game better for the players. One of the main ways that we do this is by releasing fun new content such as mini-games or quests. Another way that we help keep RuneScape a great place is how we deal with the players who break the rules. The overall desire of Jagex is to educate players in the rules and encourage them to behave responsibly in the game. Obviously, there are times when we need to apply black marks and further punishments in order to make players aware of the rules. However, the last thing we want to do is to permanently ban or mute players who have spent time playing the game when they have the chance to learn from their mistakes and thus become valuable members of the community once more.

In order to better educate our players we have changed the amount of black marks that we issue for some of the more minor offences. We have also decided that we would apply these new values to some offences that have already been issued. This may lead to some previously permanently banned or muted accounts becoming unbanned or unmuted.

Accounts which have had action taken as a result of more high priority offences, specifically those relating to the security and safety of others will not have any change to their account.

We dearly hope that players who have been given this second chance do not waste it and instead use this as an opportunity to learn from their mistakes and become a positive member of the RuneScape community.

It just happened a few hours back.

[/hide]

(as I explained a few posts up, it was a re calculation

sig2webzx7.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a little harsh that due to these "re-calculations" some players who have previously recieved mutes are now facing permanent bans, even if they've been a good player since their mute. I hope it's a mistake on Jagex' part.

But still, congratulations to those who have had their bans/mutes lifted :). I'm still at 7.5 black marks for a ridiculous case of misjudgement on Jagex' side <.<, ah well, could be worse I guess.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

It looks almost like the black marks are being taken away from people and given to inoccent people :ohnoes: I am now praying that 4 years of NO black marks will sheild me :pray:

Offence.jpg

Awesome :) was 0.3 before

Yeah, Messing around with friends + Wannabe mod around = that.

Yeah, I sent in a good apeal and got the typical:

Thank you for your appeal.

We are sorry to inform you that this appeal has been denied.

We have conclusive evidence that you were in control of the account at the time of the offence and for this reason this offence will remain on your account.

We suggest you take some time to remind yourself of the Rules of RuneScape before you start playing again!

RuneScape Customer Support

When the hell did I say I wasnt in control of the account?!?!

128+ Combat \\ 1900+ Total Level \\ 85M+ EXP

5,999th To 99 Woodcutting Achieved June 27, 2007

66,931st To 99 Strength Achieved January 23rd, 2009

Draconic Visage: 1+ \\ DK Drops: 169+ \\ GWD Drops: 74+

quite a lot of people talking about how much blackmarks they have and now they have less and how good it is...

"Congratulations! There are no offences on this account"

Always have been, always will be :roll:

sigcopy.png

quite a lot of people talking about how much blackmarks they have and now they have less and how good it is...

"Congratulations! There are no offences on this account"

Always have been, always will be :roll:

That's what I thought. Then my brother decided to show me something cool - he grabbed the keyboard and showed me how to say "crap" without it getting filtered. I was in the middle of Lumbridge talking to about 5 people at once. I quickly explained, saying "That was my bro" and get a blackmark for account sharing..

What I'm saying is, you might not be as lucky as you think. Good job for holding out though.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.
Pics or it didn't happen.
I hate my generation.

amazing.....now how in the world did I manage to play for 3+ years so far, and never gotten a single black mark? :-k Oh yeah, that is right, I read and follow the rules #-o

How in the world do you (a) not understand/comprehend the rules...(B) get that many blackmarks? Didn't learn the first, second, third, fourth etc time huh?

...maybe the "ZOMG I am muted" gives you RS street credit :roll: Just makes you a ........ :uhh: think I'll stop there... :XD:

sigh, kids these days

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

amazing.....now how in the world did I manage to play for 3+ years so far, and never gotten a single black mark? :-k Oh yeah, that is right, I read and follow the rules #-o

How in the world do you (a) not understand/comprehend the rules...(B) get that many blackmarks? Didn't learn the first, second, third, fourth etc time huh?

...maybe the "ZOMG I am muted" gives you RS street credit :roll: Just makes you a ........ :uhh: think I'll stop there... :XD:

sigh, kids these days

Of course you are perfect.

C1Geq.png

sigh, kids these days

Of course you are perfect.

yeah because it is just so hard to follow the rules....

I didn't say I was perfect, but I understand how to follow the rules....*pats pockets for crayons* nope...darn. Well let me see if I can articulate this in a simple enough fashion that you may grasp the concept.

Let us say the rule in school (I say school because by the post, I assume you are) is you can not wear....oh I don't know....spandex biker shorts....and you wear them, and get sent home....then the next day you do it again, and get sent home...this cycle repeats itself 9-10 times...at what point do you not get it?

enough said, we now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

I think that's wrong to ban based on previous offenses that were not banned beforehand. Think if you stole something and went to jail, then 10 years later, you got a call back-- the severity of stealing has now been increased, so you would need to come in and serve another few months in jail. It would be an outrage.

I went from 0 black marks to 0.

I love never breaking the rules :wink:

By the way krohn, we wear spandex biker shorts for marching band, and I am yet to be expelled from school :ohnoes:

lalalasig2.png