Guide to RuneScape's new Graphics - Do YOU meet the Req's?

Sentry_Wolf

1GB Ram

2.00 GHz

Mobile Intel ® 945GM Express Chipset Family

I got the first two requirements, I was just wondering if my graphics card is suitable? Man would I hate my computer if it cant run the new graphics.

Here we go again, you may or may not be able to run it. Wait until Jagex releases some more details, or a few weeks until the update itself comes out...

Well thanks anyways, I think I should get a new laptop. I just dont think this laptop is up to par and if it cant run runescape then that is just horrible.

Yup. Now we've got to break the if-your-computer-cant-run-runescape-its-will-serve-you-better-as-a-doorstop sterotype.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but this topic is just nerdfest!! I'd estimate that 5-10% max would not meet the guidelines. Isn't there some other topic somewhere for people to show off their quad processor that is running 4 gigs of ram because windows won't use more??

Umm... I've seen about 4 posts bragging about their specs, and the rest of them either asking if their system will work or telling people if theirs will. And I thought not many would meet the guidelines, but it appears that many people do not, and many are curious if they will. Nerdfest? How does knowing about or having a good computer make you a nerd? :roll:

Sorry, just a little annoyed when people label my profession as "nerdy". What would you do without your computer, or someone to fix it?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Duo E6400 (2.13ghz) and I can overclock to 2.8ghz if I want to.

3GB of ram, DDR2 800mhz

7900GT Nvidia Graphics Card

I can run Crysis on High Details, so I think my specs will eat Runescape graphics for lunch.

I already only use 10% of my CPU power to play on high detail, 60 fps. 8-)

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I have:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86ghz

2 GB DDR2 SDRAM

Nvidia 8800 GTS 320 MB

Considering I have a dual core, 2 gigs of ram, and a DirectX-10 level graphics card, and that I can run Crysis at High....

My computer is going to OWN the new runescape graphics.

G'day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Duo E6400 (2.13ghz) and I can overclock to 2.8ghz if I want to.

3GB of ram, DDR2 800mhz

7900GT Nvidia Graphics Card

I can run Crysis on High Details, so I think my specs will eat Runescape graphics for lunch.

I already only use 10% of my CPU power to play on high detail, 60 fps. 8-)

Just so ya know, those specs really are not that great, you can get a computer for under 1500 with much better specs. ::'

Still, no problems with runescape there. \' But let's not change this into a brag-about-my-computer-thread...

DeviledEgg24.png

Yes, all of those numbers are higher on my computer than the requirment ones :D. And thank you for the guides, without them I would never have found out if I met them or not. I'm bad at tech stuff :P

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Now, I am fairly certain that my computer meets the requirements. However, when I checked this morning it said it had 991 MHz which I thought was really low. I read this topic just now, and decided to recheck it, and it said 1.79GHz this time. Now, me being really confused checked a third time and it comes up 2.20GHz.

Atm this is what they are:

2.20GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

As for my graphics card, I have:

Radeon X1300 Series

256MB

So if anyone would like to have a go at answering why I had 3 different processor reading's, I would appreciate it ::'

ydrasil.png

Now, I am fairly certain that my computer meets the requirements. However, when I checked this morning it said it had 991 MHz which I thought was really low. I read this topic just now, and decided to recheck it, and it said 1.79GHz this time. Now, me being really confused checked a third time and it comes up 2.20GHz.

2.20GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

Radeon X1300 Series

256MB

So if anyone would like to have a go at answering why I had 3 different processor reading's, I would appreciate it ::'

Power management; reduces your CPU's power consumption when your on battery and do not need the extra processing power. Most likely answer, unless you were looking in the wrong place for you CPU speed.

DeviledEgg24.png

2.20GHz, 1.00GB of RAM

Radeon X1300 Series

256MB

Power management; reduces your CPU's power consumption when your on battery and do not need the extra processing power. Most likely answer, unless you were looking in the wrong place for you CPU speed.

Well my computer was plugged into a power point so it wouldn't need to use battery power (not a laptop btw). Also, i looked at the exact same place all 3 times. Thankfully all following checks have been 2.20GHz, so I should be fine with the graphics \'

ydrasil.png

Yup. Now we've got to break the if-your-computer-cant-run-runescape-its-will-serve-you-better-as-a-doorstop sterotype.

Lol I will admit that I only possess the basic knowledge about computers, or probably even less. But looking at this thread I certainly have realized that my laptop would serve better as doorstop compared to the specs people have posted on here. Makes me want to get a job and get another laptop.

i don't get a computer of my own till the end of summer(and i'm 17 :wall: ) and the computer of my parents is not made for games, it has a way better graphics card and 1.?G ram but only 1.33GHz of processor speed, :cry: will i be able to play it>?

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

i''m not at home so i don't know the graphics card, but my (5 times fired) computer building uncle custom made it, for a cheap price so it was probably built with spare parts he had lying around at home

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

No, I unfortunately don't. I apologize to people who can be offended, but this computer is a piece of [cabbage].

Specifications:

•  
    [*:1ads2sws] 64 MB of RAM

[*:1ads2sws] 350 MHZ (Pentium II Processor)

[*:1ads2sws] Windows 98 Second Edition

:wall:

Anyway to check the video card on Windows 9x Operating Systems?

No need to. You have no chance whatsoever of running it. I'm halfway surprised you can run the regular runescape. :lol:

I know.. Pass me the flamethrower please. :twisted:

Well, I might be able to get my newer computer fixed up though... It has:

•  
    [*:1ads2sws] 2.2 GHZ (AMD Athlon 3500+)

[*:1ads2sws] 512 MB of RAM

[*:1ads2sws] Windows XP Professional SP1 (should be getting that changed once it's fixed up)

Well, just to tell you, there's a lot to fix up on it. It needs more drivers, a sound card (I have no clue how my second cousin was able to use it without a sound card. #-o ), a new Windows service pack, might be able to give it more RAM, overclocking maybe, and installing all the Microsoft updates (It's going to take forever. #-o )

j0xPu5R.png

My processor and RAM should do fine, not too sure about the graphics card. We'll see though. I won't even play high detail right now because it lags more, so a lot will depend on how well the graphical update works with my Internet connection. I prefer smooth gameplay over graphics, to be honest.