Guide to RuneScape's new Graphics - Do YOU meet the Req's?

Sentry_Wolf

256mb video card

2gigs of ram

3ghz duo-core processor.

I should be ok.

rofl the same as mine :D

then again i'm getting new labtop:

4gigabyte ram

1,93 duo-core

512mb geforce.(up to 1264mb split ram)

\:D/

What kind of 512mb gefore? Like 8800GT, 8600, etc, and exactly what kind of processor?

I just built a computer (not a laptop, so kinda different I guess) that saved me a ton vs buying retail

Don't try to build a laptop unless you want a very frustrating experience. Laptops use more specialized parts which computer manufactures can get in bulk much more cheaply then you. Desktops, I agree, are good to build, but leave the laptops to the big name brands unless you really want a learning "experience". As for his, I would assume the usual Intel Duo core (Probably T72500, just a guess though) and probably a 8600 GT with DDR2 memory. Could be a couple of different ones in the 8X00 line though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but even if they had, a macbook can't have it's graphics card upgraded. So hopefully my computer will end up automatically "borrowing" from the main RAM to supplement the VRAM if it comes down to that.

I know, I was referring to others saying they were purchasing new hardware. No good chances on speculating what the high detail mode will really require, I'm just trying to give advice based on the example they gave and other games with similar requirements.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

well because there no XP guide i went off my original knowledge:

2.4Ghz (for a 6year old computer i was shocked)

768Mb of RAM

and a Raidon 9200 Graphics card.

motherboards old but its running CoD2 fine for now. :pray:

oh Lepp, i'd highly advise getting a better graphics for gaming purposes. onboard intel graphics cards are the worst thing i have ever used. i then managed to overpower imy Intel Extreme 1000 card and blow it up. =D> now im running a raidon 9200.

i know mine isnt some macho system but my new laptop im ordering will [cabbage] all over this junk box im using at the moment. \'

2.4 Ghz then were far, far away from now... My 5 year old desktop had a 2.4, and even then you could get over 3.0. Raidon 9200 is OK, should have no problems with this. :)

DeviledEgg24.png

Leave it for now, wait until its out to start tweaking things.

Alright. Thanks for all the advice. :mrgreen:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Thanks very much for the advice though. :D

I nervous :ohnoes: ... But since my computer has been able to run other games with more detailed graphics, such as those in that game Minions of Mirth, I have a feeling that the requirements given by Jagex are the ideal ones, but not actually necessary.

We'll see. This thing has served me well.

picture7eo0.png

Thanks very much for the advice though. :D

I nervous :ohnoes: ... But since my computer has been able to run other games with more detailed graphics, such as those in that game Minions of Mirth, I have a feeling that the requirements given by Jagex are the ideal ones, but not actually necessary.

We'll see. This thing has served me well.

Yes, but I'm assuming that that's for the 800X600 one. At, say, 1920X1200, your needing over 6 times the graphics horsepower. Throw in anti-aliasing, and you might need to upgrade your graphics to play runescape (Sounds like an oxymoron to me...)

DeviledEgg24.png

256mb video card

2gigs of ram

3ghz duo-core processor.

I should be ok.

4gigabyte ram

1,93 duo-core

What kind of 512mb gefore? Like 8800GT, 8600, etc, and exactly what kind of processor?

I just built a computer (not a laptop, so kinda different I guess) that saved me a ton vs buying retail

my graphic card:

NVidia GeForce9500M-GS 512MB

and my processer:

Intel® Core2 Duo mobile processor 1,83 GHz T5550

thats why i wont to opgrade my processer just to about 2.5 just so i can run portal/hl2 without lag <3:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

256mb video card

2gigs of ram

3ghz duo-core processor.

I should be ok.

4gigabyte ram

1,93 duo-core

my graphic card:

NVidia GeForce9500M-GS 512MB

and my processer:

Intel® Core2 Duo mobile processor 1,83 GHz T5550

thats why i wont to opgrade my processer just to about 2.5 just so i can run portal/hl2 without lag <3:

Ouch, was a little off with my guesstimates. That 1.93 instead of 1.83 threw me, there's no model like that at 1.93 so I rounded up #-o

Anyway, I'd just forget about upgrading the CPU and enjoy your computer. Its more hassle and cost then its worth, and the difference between processors in the same series is smaller then you might think.

DeviledEgg24.png

okay :thumbsup:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

I'm above the requirements by 7/1 on average? :-#

Lol, new graphics for the win. :twisted:

1.2 GHz

248MB RAM

8.0MB Memory

What the heck do you even do...? My old computer was pretty much similar, and everything was too much of a hassle to load, but FireFox was pretty good for browsing.

1.2 GHz

248MB RAM

8.0MB Memory

Can computers suck this much these days?

No, they can't. How could that thing still run? :ohnoes:

Off Topic (Well, in a way on topic):

50emailbx6.png

Help, I'm being spammed by "mr. noreply"!

50something posts by me in this thread in a few hours, people sure are desperate to see if they can run it. Ah well, I like giving computer advice (Hence my job).

DeviledEgg24.png

1GB Ram

2.00 GHz

Mobile Intel ® 945GM Express Chipset Family

I got the first two requirements, I was just wondering if my graphics card is suitable? Man would I hate my computer if it cant run the new graphics.

1GB Ram

2.00 GHz

I got the first two requirements, I was just wondering if my graphics card is suitable? Man would I hate my computer if it cant run the new graphics.

Here we go again, you may or may not be able to run it. Wait until Jagex releases some more details, or a few weeks until the update itself comes out...

DeviledEgg24.png

8800 GS 384 MB OC (DX 10 on Vista Ultimate)

Intel Pentium 4 HT 3 Ghz

3 GB RAM DDR2

I tihnk ill be fine.

No problems there, but the DX version doesn't matter. Jagex is using JOGL instead of DirectX. \'

DeviledEgg24.png

CPU: Intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz (e4500), clocked to 2.7ghz when needed (Supreme Commander for example) (damn stock fan, should buy a new one).

RAM: 2gb ddr2, 667.

Video card: Nvidia 8600GT stock for the most time, 100mhz overclock when needed (core/memory).

ATI is another video card manufacturer, just like Nvidia.

I'm getting an ATI 4850 in autumn =)

P.S - Let's see how it'll run on integrated gfx, maybe some higer-end intergrated will run it smoothly.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I won't meet the requirements. My computer is too old. :(

I only have a 1.33 Ghz processor with 256 MB of RAM and my graphics card is not even good enough. I'm sad. :cry:

Get a new 24" iMac^^

(or get me a new 24" iMac!)

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

1GB Ram

2.00 GHz

Here we go again, you may or may not be able to run it. Wait until Jagex releases some more details, or a few weeks until the update itself comes out...

Well thanks anyways, I think I should get a new laptop. I just dont think this laptop is up to par and if it cant run runescape then that is just horrible.

Well i can run it perfectly :D Desktop is relatively new. Maybe 6 months old. Can't wait for the update :thumbsup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.