"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

I think saying it in moderation would make more sense. You're right though that if you say it to much it begins to lose meaning.

If you say it "in the moment" and not just something that you feel like you have to say.

Amen to that.

Off topic slightly but can anybody explain why I forget feelings I had towards people? My long term memory is pretty much photographic and I can remember every day out, with friends or more. However upon trying to remember feelings I just can't find the memory, like it never existed and this has happened with every past person except one who I will never get fully over.

The "I love you" deal is something that gets me riled up. The random thing is much better than saying it at those times where you think you should (when saying goodbye, etc.) but if you always say it at those times it's noticed when you don't.

As for the feelings, I'd say they must not have been that important then and aren't relevant now for you to remember them. But that's just a guess.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

Okay /b/.. I mean.. TIF. ;)

Here is my Story.

On the 24th September 2009 i started to see my ex girlfriend whom at the time was 12 years old. quite mature, she had to be to deal with her family. and i was 14 at the time. for a very long time we had an amazing relationship, we would go to the movies, ice skating, trips to the park ect, but it was when i met her family (notably her father) things began to change, her relationship with her father can change due to her believing her younger sister was favouritised, which i must admit, she was. So i was begining to get chaught in the mess of all this, which i was very confused by at the time, but nethertheless we pulled on through, but there was a point where i did not like her father, and he really did not like me, i think it was the typical view of him wanting to protect his daughter, but anyway, i got along with her friends very well. i know this may be getting abit too personal but i also lost my virginity to her, but she had been raped.. but i did not find this out this a very later date. but we broke up the summer of 10' due to her being abit moody and i was just fed up. i almost immediatly regreted it and chased her back, to be disapointed when i found out she led me on by meeting up with me again and one night saying she has a new boyfriend.. i was torn apart litterly. a few months passed and a friend of mine got us talking again, i still missed her and could forgive almost anything but there was a deep feeling inside of me that couldnt forget storys i heard about her being with someone else, it tore me apart. but we eventually got back together, where we stayed together for even longer, untill recently. where one night she suddently went very wierd around me, not wanting to talk, i thought nothing of it at the time, but then she began talking of wanting a break, to spend some time with friends and family.

But at the same time she wanted to keep it quiet, so people thought we were still together, but being a normal human being a seek advice from my friends, big mistake as some of my friends can be really inmature for there age and start saying stuff to offend her. so this but an even bigger gap between us, the last time i spoke to her was on valentines day when i sent her a text wishing her a happys valentines day and me telling her that i love her, but iv also sent a package to her with all "our" things in, stuff like old drawwings, and pictures, that kind of stuff. but it appears it didnt work.

Now this where you guys come in.

Im confused on what to believe as i was with this girl for very long time and she does still mean alot to me, but after a few months iv learned not to relay so much on her, but when see just even a mention of her name, i feel my heart beat increase, and a feel sorrow for myself knowing that i have lost her, but at the same time, when i dont think about her, a new lady has came into my life, who i feel really comfertable around, and shes always there for me, but at the same time i feel trapped in "The Friend Zone"

So guys. your personal opinions. should i continue trying to persue my ex. or try something new?

Move on to something new. If that feels wrong, you can try going back, but if you don't try to get together with the new girl because you go back, you'll never know. It's easy to be stuck on history since it's what you're comfortable with and you know more what to expect, but it's better to grow and move on when the other person seems to be doing so.

VR48f.jpg

img

Okay /b/.. I mean.. TIF. ;)

Here is my Story.

On the 24th September 2009 i started to see my ex girlfriend whom at the time was 12 years old. quite mature, she had to be to deal with her family. and i was 14 at the time. for a very long time we had an amazing relationship, we would go to the movies, ice skating, trips to the park ect, but it was when i met her family (notably her father) things began to change, her relationship with her father can change due to her believing her younger sister was favouritised, which i must admit, she was. So i was begining to get chaught in the mess of all this, which i was very confused by at the time, but nethertheless we pulled on through, but there was a point where i did not like her father, and he really did not like me, i think it was the typical view of him wanting to protect his daughter, but anyway, i got along with her friends very well. i know this may be getting abit too personal but i also lost my virginity to her, but she had been raped.. but i did not find this out this a very later date. but we broke up the summer of 10' due to her being abit moody and i was just fed up. i almost immediatly regreted it and chased her back, to be disapointed when i found out she led me on by meeting up with me again and one night saying she has a new boyfriend.. i was torn apart litterly. a few months passed and a friend of mine got us talking again, i still missed her and could forgive almost anything but there was a deep feeling inside of me that couldnt forget storys i heard about her being with someone else, it tore me apart. but we eventually got back together, where we stayed together for even longer, untill recently. where one night she suddently went very wierd around me, not wanting to talk, i thought nothing of it at the time, but then she began talking of wanting a break, to spend some time with friends and family.

But at the same time she wanted to keep it quiet, so people thought we were still together, but being a normal human being a seek advice from my friends, big mistake as some of my friends can be really inmature for there age and start saying stuff to offend her. so this but an even bigger gap between us, the last time i spoke to her was on valentines day when i sent her a text wishing her a happys valentines day and me telling her that i love her, but iv also sent a package to her with all "our" things in, stuff like old drawwings, and pictures, that kind of stuff. but it appears it didnt work.

Now this where you guys come in.

Im confused on what to believe as i was with this girl for very long time and she does still mean alot to me, but after a few months iv learned not to relay so much on her, but when see just even a mention of her name, i feel my heart beat increase, and a feel sorrow for myself knowing that i have lost her, but at the same time, when i dont think about her, a new lady has came into my life, who i feel really comfertable around, and shes always there for me, but at the same time i feel trapped in "The Friend Zone"

So guys. your personal opinions. should i continue trying to persue my ex. or try something new?

you had sex with a 12 year old?

correct me if i'm wrong.

regardless, I agree, it sounds to me liek you need to try new women...err things. err...women. you're still young, and you have no idea where life may take you. yes things between you two are ugly now, but they dont have to stay that way forever. I recommend keeping it that way for a little while, but it doesn't have to be forever. In the mean time, go find a new girl to flirt with and date and the like. get your mind off your ex with some hobbies, and the like.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Just move on. You're not even the same person you're going to be when you get older and your interests will change drastically, I assure you. In my opinion, you're too young to be dating which means she's way too young being 2 years younger than you. You really shouldn't be having sex either unless you're prepared financially, mentally, and emotionally to deal with a child and a pregnant 12 year old or a pregnant female at any age really. I can't believe the ages kids are having sex at these days.

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

My standard I've come up with for sex as a teen is a girl isn't responsible enough to be having sex until she's responsible enough to get on the pill or some form of daily BC. If her reason she's not is becaus her parents would kill her, then if she wants to be sexually active, she better find a way to get something.

VR48f.jpg

img

My standard I've come up with for sex as a teen is a girl isn't responsible enough to be having sex until she's responsible enough to get on the pill or some form of daily BC. If her reason she's not is becaus her parents would kill her, then if she wants to be sexually active, she better find a way to get something.

Ignore, I was corrected.

Move on. Clearly her parents don't like you very much, and with 'friendship w/ parents' being 1 of the 7 things to a perfect relationship, you'd be more or less looking at being her 'buddy' at best.

1 of 7?

What are you on about?

There is no quantity of anything associated with a relationship. And there is no such thing as a "perfect relationship".

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Move on. Clearly her parents don't like you very much, and with 'friendship w/ parents' being 1 of the 7 things to a perfect relationship, you'd be more or less looking at being her 'buddy' at best.

1 of 7?

What are you on about?

There is no quantity of anything associated with a relationship. And there is no such thing as a "perfect relationship".

This, whatever those 7 steps are trying to follow them will only damage your relationship. You will force yourself to be somebody who you aren't.

Plus a perfect relationship would be monotonous and would become stale quickly.

Love needs to be mutual dude! How long were u with her?

i was with a girl for like3 years when i was that age. and btw i had sex with her when she was 13 and i was 13, dont see how thats wrong?? when ur 13 u think ur pretty old, going to parties and staying out all weekend an stuff. but anyway, i feel the same way, heartbeat quickening when i see her name. but it just wasn't meant to be, now its been years and we're completely different peoople, we've grown in opposite directions. maybe its just the feelings your after, not the girl? maybe..

good luck

Every relationship has 7 things which, if combined, allow for the best happiness/use out of it. They are:

-good relationship with other's parents

-good relationship with your parents

-at least 5 shared friends

-at least 3 shared hobbies/past-times

-attracted by other's physical appearance

-shared religion/'god beliefs'

-tolerance of other's 'faults'

div>

thats the biggest load of Cabbage i've ever seen posted on this website. LOL.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

The only thing I would agree on that list is the attractiveness...for obvious reasons.

But I'll prefer I don't know her friends since that would be interesting meeting them and piecing together her personality through her friendship.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Every relationship has 7 things which, if combined, allow for the best happiness/use out of it. They are:

-good relationship with other's parents

-good relationship with your parents

-at least 5 shared friends

-at least 3 shared hobbies/past-times

-attracted by other's physical appearance

-shared religion/'god beliefs'

-tolerance of other's 'faults'

There are no such "7 things". You posted some characteristics of good relationships - any relationship can survive without one or more of those. Most of them have some factual basis but number 3 and 4 are completely untrue.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti