Today...

Leoo

I bought Minecraft earlier today. I'm having so much fun with it. I've learnt that you should always make a house to hide in when you haven't got your armor and weapons sorted. I died three times for that lesson to sink in. I will have to experiment with skins and texture packs, whatever that is.

Oh yes, and creepers are pretty scary but those black teleporting things are terrifying. I just run the other way when I see them.

Just don't stare at them. No seriously, if you stare at them, then they'll kill you. Just don't move your crosshair over them and you're fine, they can be on the screen as long as the crosshair on the screen isnt on them.

Today I learned Sleeping With Sirens released an accoustic album last month. It's rather good.

also, new Woe, Is Me releases tomorrow. Super mixed feelings.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

>Tell mom Freshmen orientation goes overnight

>She agrees to it

>Next day she starts arguing against it but says she'll agree to it, but try to talk me out of it

Now she's forbidding me from staying overnight, and claiming she never said I could.

I'm less than a week from 19 years old, and my mom still thinks that me staying overnight at a college event will result in me being raped/beaten up/ catching a disease from the sheets or something.

Half the reason why I want to stay overnight at orientation is because I'm sick of being socially inactive and not knowing many people. Stuff like orientation is a great chance to meet people.

But nope, the 19 year old black belt (hell my entire career plan revovles around the martial arts, I think I know how to defend myself already) is more like a helpless toddler.

I normally try to avoid complaining about parents, but nothing is more frustrating than when I finally am trying to force myself to become as social as I can be and undo my major faults I get to have my parents try to stop it. (Well, my dad is fine with it, but my mom wears the pants so that doesn't matter.)

I really hope I can either talk her into it or make her at least tolerate it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

>Tell mom Freshmen orientation goes overnight

>She agrees to it

>Next day she starts arguing against it but says she'll agree to it, but try to talk me out of it

Now she's forbidding me from staying overnight, and claiming she never said I could.

I'm less than a week from 19 years old, and my mom still thinks that me staying overnight at a college event will result in me being raped/beaten up/ catching a disease from the sheets or something.

Half the reason why I want to stay overnight at orientation is because I'm sick of being socially inactive and not knowing many people. Stuff like orientation is a great chance to meet people.

But nope, the 19 year old black belt (hell my entire career plan revovles around the martial arts, I think I know how to defend myself already) is more like a helpless toddler.

I normally try to avoid complaining about parents, but nothing is more frustrating than when I finally am trying to force myself to become as social as I can be and undo my major faults I get to have my parents try to stop it. (Well, my dad is fine with it, but my mom wears the pants so that doesn't matter.)

I really hope I can either talk her into it or make her at least tolerate it.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

It sounds like you have some serious talking to do with your parents, but that might depend on the nature of your relationship with them. Do you think they'd listen if you had a respectful discussion about how you're being treated, e.g. the seemingly overprotectiveness of your mom?

Probably not.

They've always had the mentality of "weird not wrong, everyone else is" when it comes to parenting.

I'm probably going to try anyways sooner or later as I'm getting to the point where I NEED more freedom to make it.

If I'm going to run a business like a martial arts studio I can't be awkward and sheltered. I need to make my own mistakes so that I can learn from them.

For now though I'm just going to try to cool down a bit before trying again.

[/hide]

Probably not.

They've always had the mentality of "weird not wrong, everyone else is" when it comes to parenting.

I'm probably going to try anyways sooner or later as I'm getting to the point where I NEED more freedom to make it.

If I'm going to run a business like a martial arts studio I can't be awkward and sheltered. I need to make my own mistakes so that I can learn from them.

For now though I'm just going to try to cool down a bit before trying again.

Your not living at home while your at college right? You'll go crazy.

If I were you I'd just go ahead and stay overnight. You're over 18...and sometimes parents need to learn to let go the hard way.

Luckily my parents were pretty reasonable about it, they leave me alone for the most part, so living at home has been tolerable...and much easier on my wallet than moving out.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

That sounds like it could escalate the argument though. I'd try calmly explaining without losing your temper and raising voices. That's how I got my parents to agree with going away to university.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Well, presumably he has to go there....so they'd be pissed, but the deed would be done, and you'd all survive. Unless it's close enough for them to go get him which could be a problem..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Yeah I'm staying at home for college, because we couldn't afford me dorming (and I only live a half hour drive away). Those're my reasons anyways.

I can hear my dad trying to talk some sense into her right now, but it's going to be a hard battle.

My main issue with calmly explaining is that I can't use logic with her. I'll logically explain one thing, and she'll interrupt me halfway through to make another crappy counter argument. And she tends to go back to old arguments and ignore what I said about them too.

And if I make one tiny exploitable statement it will be used against me for the entire argument.

[/hide]

How would OT feel about having its own subreddit?

too lazy to make a thread about it.

What even is reddit?

How long have you been on this internet sir?

I've heard of, but never been on, Reddit.

I just found out someone is making a Deadpool game. Hopefully it'll turn out to be pretty good. His voice isn't exactly what I was expecting though.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!