Today...

Leoo

Rainless here as well. Apparently the corn crop doesn't have much longer before it dies unless we get rain...and much of the american midwest has already lost their corn crop for the same reason.

Do farmers in your area not irrigate their crops? We haven't had much rain this year, but because of the heat, the corn is growing better this year than it ever has in my memory. None of the corn is dead either; usually a few fields are lost to storms, but there's been no loss this year.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Managed to talk sense into my mom finally.

Also, I just found this page and all the stupidity that surrounds it: https://twitter.com/NeedADebitCard

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

RPG, what's your job anyways? Mafia catering or something?

Essentially yes. It's cute that you remembered. I'm a shift manager at a catering hall [run by the mafia].

And Tim, in this instance I drank after work. Clocked out at like 930, then drank in the parking lot with my buddy til about 1am. Generally if I drink on the clock it's either not a lot, or it's during a time frame where it's acceptable to be rather [bleep]ed up [ie: midnight-6am shifts]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Rainless here as well. Apparently the corn crop doesn't have much longer before it dies unless we get rain...and much of the american midwest has already lost their corn crop for the same reason.

Do farmers in your area not irrigate their crops? We haven't had much rain this year, but because of the heat, the corn is growing better this year than it ever has in my memory. None of the corn is dead either; usually a few fields are lost to storms, but there's been no loss this year.

No idea, to be honest. I just read that they needed rain badly.....although they did mention that the heat is good for the corn if they get enough rain. It may be a pollination thing though as opposed to them drying out..

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

They don't wat the corn where I live, and most of it is probably dead. It might be the fact that it is feed corn instead of.... Other corn, I guess?

Literally everything in Nebraska is feed corn or seed corn. There's less than a hundred sweet corn fields around where I live, I'm sure. We still get drenched because farmers leave the pivots on until we show up at the field.

Found out today that I'm missing Cruise Night, which is my town's big community thing that gets a ton of hype every year. I thought we might be done since we started before the fourth, but nope. I just hope my friends set up something for the fair next week, otherwise I'm pretty much screwed for hanging out with them all again before college. And I really want to see the people I haven't seen all summer because of jobs.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Fun day, if a bit slow. I was using the ride on to trim some grass and other plantlufe around the property, and took it too far down a slope and it got stuck. There was a mound in front it couldn;t climb, and the tires might as well be made of Teflon when in reverse. So my parents came home to me having the SUV parked on the lawn beside the loop in our driveway, with a winch running from the truck's hitch to the tractors pulling it back up onto the driveway. They got a good laugh out of that. And next time I will remember that we have that winch, since this is the third time I've gotten it stuck this year, and it probably wont be the last. The only place it won't work is the septic field, since the SUV weighs too much to drive there (it will crush the underground pipes), but we have an incinerator I can anchor the winch too there if I get it stuck while alone again (if someone else is around, all it ever needs is someone to drive and someone to push, to make the up the loss of traction).

We took one of our dogs for a swim that works out to nearly a kilometer long, but our other dog is too old to swimm that even with a dog life jacket (she is 14), so we decided to stick her in one of the kayaks and tow her, and she seems to have enjoyed that. It also worked nice for me since I get tired of wearing the flipper (or rather, my feet get sore and tense after about half the swim), so I had someplace to stash them when I wasn't wearing them, rather than trying to drag them around with me.

And lastly, we have a couple of local pheasant families in the neighborhood, and as I was walking back up from the lake I saw what I thought was a sparrow hopping around, and I guess was one of the babies. It darted into the woods and then momma flew out of the trees right next to me. Thankfully she spared me the rusty doorhinge honking that they normally perform, I guess I wasn't being too big of a threat. I always knew that would happen one day (that I would get too close to them on accident and scare them).

Tylerelyt, that's no fun. I hope you manage to find someway to see your friends before summer is over though.

They're closing one end of my road on weekend in August, including the Friday and the Monday. This means my trip to uni will be a lot longer on Friday and Monday, and the trip home will be twice as long. Not looking forward to it.

Power is also going out tomorrow morning until the afternoon. Not going to be fun because my girlfriend wants to hang out, but her phone isn't working, so I won't be able to contact her until like 3pm. Don't even know what time she wanted to hang out either.

What even is reddit?

Technically it's a news aggregator, but it's evolved well beyond there.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I just got back from watching the new Dark Knight movie.... I personally liked it better than the Avengers.

Might go watch it later, I always wait until a week later or so, so that the room isn't full and I can go just before it starts and sit anywhere I want. At least you weren't in a specific cinema in Colorado.

Saw the Dark Knight Rises at midnight. Thought it was good, but nothing amazing, and way too long, aka Chris Nolan's gonna Chris Nolan. Going to be overhyped to hell and back though.

My band has a show tonight and it's looking like we're getting pretty good draw for once, I'm excited.

Today I'm missing warped tour to go to work. Little sad.

Had orientation yesterday and today and it was a blast (I managed to talk my mom into letting me stay overnight).

Probably the most story-worthy part is when I was at a Leadership seminar with a muslim friend and her friend (also muslim) sitting next to me.

The speaker asked me for an example of a great leader, and I said Richard the Lionheart.

Luckily my friend didn't jump to conclusions and take offence.

But yeah, saying that a leader of a crusade was pretty impressive in front of a muslim was a bit tacky.

In other news, I have my first phone, which is also a smartphone.

Edited because my mind thinks one thing and my hands type another.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Today I'm missing warped tour to go to work. Little sad.

I would be too. haven't been to a concert in 5 years now. Also Big Day Out is officially RUINED in Australia. Kayne West bought out 51% of the market, the ticket prices got jacked up, you have to do all this complex ordering from America for an AUSTRALIAN concert and he decides who plays.

In saying that, jesus christ I want to go to a concert...

Popoto.~<3

The speaker asked me for an example of a great leader, and I said Alexander the Great.

Luckily my friend didn't jump to conclusions and take offence.

But yeah, saying that a leader of a crusade was pretty impressive in front of a muslim was a bit tacky.

Wait what? He wasn't part of the the Medieval age crusades. He lived way, WAY before those ever happened.

I still don't really like the new posting layout. Too many buttons that probably won't ever be used, and some old buttons that made thing simple need to be brought back.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

and some old buttons that made thing simple need to be brought back.

Like what? MageUK might be able to add it back.

The "back to offtopic" should be bigger like it used to be. It's not as eye catching now.

and some old buttons that made thing simple need to be brought back.

Like what? MageUK might be able to add it back.

The old "media" button, which kind of acted as a one-button-push to show youtube videos here. Maybe it's this new anchor button, I'm not sure. I haven't messed around with it much. Also, the old link/anchor button, with the url + "type what you wanted to it say" thing. The old style just seemed a lot more... efficient. An option to have the old style as default, and then add in the new buttons as an "advanced" setting would be awesome.

Grrr, my keyboard is acting weird. A lot of typos lately.

I'll answer a few questions, but if you want to see some of these implemented, by all means head on over to FU&S!

For the "back to board" button, you should make a post about that. Personally, I think it should be bolded and/or boxed with a size increase.

You don't need to use the

[media][/media]

tags for most Youtube links as it automatically embeds the videos for you.

Never used the anchor shortcut, sorry.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

My cousin is pissing me right the hell off so as soon as I find out her phone's passcode I'm going to change it to something else. I'll probably just be banned from the computer by my parents until I tell her the new code but I don't really care that much since I have other ways to use the internet.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'll answer a few questions, but if you want to see some of these implemented, by all means head on over to FU&S!

For the "back to board" button, you should make a post about that. Personally, I think it should be bolded and/or boxed with a size increase.

You don't need to use the

[media][/media]

tags for most Youtube links as it automatically embeds the videos for you.

Never used the anchor shortcut, sorry.

... to expand on the automatic embedding of YouTube urls - they must follow the http://youtube.com/watch?v=[videocode goes here] to embed correctly. I've seen too many people try to embed a url that contains other features in it, or use the youtu.be short-code on here.

I refer to this post, in the Battlefield Discussion thread, that I made a few days ago.

Newest Armoured Kill video, showing off the second of the four new maps. (Since the new posting setup doesn't have the simple one-click-paste-media display, the actual link will have to do.)

It's a shame only small parts of the map will see any real action on consoles. God forbid they up the team sizes when releasing "the largest map in battlefield history". :rolleyes:

And here is this same video's url/link that I've copied right now.

Unless I'm copy/paste'ing the wrong thing, embedding doesn't work for me.

I refer to this post, in the Battlefield Discussion thread, that I made a few days ago.

Newest Armoured Kill video, showing off the second of the four new maps. (Since the new posting setup doesn't have the simple one-click-paste-media display, the actual link will have to do.)

It's a shame only small parts of the map will see any real action on consoles. God forbid they up the team sizes when releasing "the largest map in battlefield history". :rolleyes:

And here is this same video's url/link that I've copied right now.

Unless I'm copy/paste'ing the wrong thing, embedding doesn't work for me.

You have to remove the https:// part it seems. Videos with http:// should work.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢