Today...

Leoo

On a creative roll today. Did some writing, did some reading, did some drawing. Hopefully this will stick for a while. It's better than playing video games and watching random youtube clips.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Today, I realized that a lot of the things I've listened to in my childhood are not as innocent as they seemed, e.g. Flo Rida's 'Right Round'. It's almost mind-blowing.

EDIT - Oh, it was 'like a record', my bad!

That came out like 3 years ago, I don't think it counts as a childhood song. Anyway, that song always reminded me of a particular shock website that contains the spinning of meat.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

So damn hard to like that song in front of everyone in an 80s club when you're straight without looking really gay. I hope I manage it though.

I did annoy me a little bit that everyone thought Flo Rida had made that song from scratch.

I did annoy me a little bit that everyone thought Flo Rida had made that song from scratch.

People thought that? There's a single person in this world that doesn't know that song? That song is everywhere.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Not older people, but a surprising amount of mid-teens at the time did. Phoning into radio stations asking for the song and not knowing there were two versions. 'Everyone' is obviously an exaggeration.

----------------------

I found this video on YouTube today. It's about FIFA 12 specifically, but it could apply to raging at online play in general really. LOTS of expletives.

[hide=Lots of foul language][/hide]

Just thought I would share this. I found out about the general concept a while ago, but I've never found an article that covers the entire topic so thoroughly and backs itself up so well.

Why the Cholestoral-Heart Disease Theory is wrong. It's a good read for anyone interested, especially if you have a deeper understanding of chemistry to fully appreciate it, though the author does an excellent job of keeping it simple. It's also very very long.

The very short version is that cholesterol and fat consumption have absolutely nothing to do with your chances of dying form CHD.

In other news, I got my second sun burn of the summer going, but it seems to be pretty mild. On the shoulders though, which is going to be fun tonight I'm sure, but with any luck it will be mostly healed by morning. I also went to look at the run again today, and realized something. When going through it, I have to think of it as 3 bodies of water, each on their own tidal cycle. The lake itself isn't tidal. The run passes under two bridges, and they simply restrict flow too much for the water going in and out to meaningfully impact the water level. This is demonstrated visually by the much weaker current passing under the lake side bridge.

And because the bridges restrict flow, the run itself is not synced with the ocean it leads too, and I should have connected the dots yesterday. I arrived pretty much right at high tide, yet the current was running into the ocean at pretty much full force. I visited a couple of times today on foot, an hour after the tide started coming in, and again an hour and a half later. On my second visit, water was still running out of the run and into the ocean. Also, on my first morning trip, there was almost no current between the run and lake, so they must have been at pretty much the same level. I'm guessing that the lake water level is probably around half tide, give or take 3 inches, which would mean that the run itself is probably about 3 hours out of sync with the ocean. On my second visit when the tide had come in more (I could visually see that the ocean level was up), the run seemed to be roughly the same and the water running out had drastically slowed down. It probably would have stopped within half an hour, and the current from the lake had picked up considerably, so the run water level had to have dropped.

For anyone still with me, the run is sufficiently deep if your in the right area much of the time anyway (I didn't get to see the exposed shallow ground like I was hoping, but I now suspect it is not common and would require a very low tide to get down that far), it's still the ocean tide that counts because it is freaky shallow on the other side, and its shallow for a very long ways. The issue is going to be that high tide shrinks the surf which is made from waves bouncing off the former beach, so I'm glad I got a good look to confirm exactly where I should be.

If nothing else, it's something to keep me interested in during the summer. It's an adventure.

Oh, and speaking of trying new things, today I found a boat that made some of the most epic wake I have ever seen (I've only seem wake that big maybe twice before in my life). I'd peg the waves at 3.5 ft peak to trough, though it's always a bit hard to tell. Suffice to say they were big, and unfortunately very steep. They were only made when he did a 360, which he was doing because he was towing an inflatable, so I was keeping my distance. But I noticed the waves from a ways off and he had moved on so I raced over to them, and into them, and 20ft away it dawned on me that they were closing in on the height of my handlebars. I had enough time for my 'oh shit' moment, before I hit, and boom! Waterplosion!

I've never driven through that much water before, kind of fun, but not the jump I had been hoping for since I drove right through the top 4 inches (still a good jump, I was just expecting something totally and ridiculously awesome). Then I noticed he had dome the same thing further up the cove, and being temporarily crazy, I tried again this time at a bit of an angle. I hit a smaller wave coming out and pretty much jumped up and drove over two of the big one (too close together). Lots of spray again, but this time I got real air :) Even if it was more like driving off a ledge than jumping, that was enough to get this one airborne for a second. So I've had a very fun day.

Trying to decide if I should buy Lollipop Chainsaw or not. I thought it looked stupid but then I watched about half an hour of gameplay, and it actually looks really entertaining.

Caught up on MTV's Awkward, which continues to hold me on the edge of my seat.

Took off work Friday so I can get super smashed.

Learned I love me a good White Russian.

I have reattained my full blown insomnia, as I have not slept since Sunday night. It is now Thursday morning. Curious if this has to do with my recent quitting of smoking.

Owe my buddy $60 because I'm an ass and told him months ago I'd go to the Invasion of Normandy reanactment this weekend but couldn't get off work.

Blew off my other friend becuase I keep trying to convince myself that I was "about to go to sleep".

I foresee a change in style in my near future from my inappropriately aged "scene" look to a more nerdy hipster type deal. I just look too good in argile sweaters. And I really hate to admit it.

Lord I wish I could sleep.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Reading today about how they just lifted the rules against selling fish & chips (or chips on their own) to workers at the Olympic stadium. Lots of stuff about how McDonalds shouldn't be sponsoring the Olympics, how there's the world's biggest McDonalds and the obesity epidemic ect... it just made me want to eat chips >.<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Learned I love me a good White Russian.

I have reattained my full blown insomnia, as I have not slept since Sunday night. It is now Thursday morning. Curious if this has to do with my recent quitting of smoking.

Was going to poke fun at The Big Lebowski, but that last sentence killed any chance I had... :sad:

In other news... Why must lockpicking sets be so difficult to order online... Also, my green laser pointer + Mega Bloks Warthog should arrive today. Just have a few other things I'm waiting on. Should have everything by Friday/Monday. I really wish UPS shipped things on Saturdays.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Why must lockpicking sets be so difficult to order online...

I'm guessing it's the same reason bomb making sets aren't so easy to find online :razz:

By the way, Randox, your link is a bit jumbled, you might wanna fix that.

Last night I went out with some friends for the last time before I travel. Had a great time, a nice way to end this first part of the summer (the wild part).

Now starts the second part, my trip to Canada (Winnipeg to be exact). I'll be visiting family there (uncle and his wife on mother's side, their two daughters and grandfather on mother's side). I've always really enjoyed their company but it's been a while since we've been able to see eachother due to circumstances. I'll be going to the library later to get some books for the trip. On a side note, I'll be travelling by plane on Friday the 13th. Spoooky.

And then after I come back starts the third part of the summer, work hard play hard. I work at McDonald's in August, which I'm kinda looking forward to. Also, by the time I'm back from my trip, all my best friends will have returned too.

Man, summer is great.

Just went and did the most horrible thing that could possibly be done: my six-monthly clothes shop. Took just over 35 mins.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau