Forget this degrade BS, F2P now deserves dragon weapons...

n64jive

I'm not going to read 8 pages so I am sure someone has said what I am about to but uh....

I think Drag weapons would hardly hurt P2P and hardly discourage people from becoming a member. Hardly anybody is going to say "Oh since F2P can use that awesome dlong I am canceling my membership!" so ya, I am all for giving F2P pkers some stuff to use at high levels.

Only problem though is F2P pking is already horribly imbalanced at basically every level (early-mages, middle-range/melee, late- melee). If you gave F2P drag weps it would become even more imbalanced.

Haha, let me get this straight. You "deserve" it? Umm, ok, how excaclly do you deserve it? By playing a free game, enjoying yourself, talking to friends and meeting new people?

Not to be disrespectful, but what a stupid statement.

Let me explain in language F2P users can understand.

Jagex = Company.

Company = need money.

F2P Players = no money.

F2P Players = no money for company = useless (unless they convert to members, which is excacly why the vanishing dragon was released. To get a taste of what members feels like)

So basically you do not benefit the company financially and yet you expect it to give you content? Why would they do that? Do tell.

I know it's a hard concept for F2P'ers to get their mind around, but you simply can't have good things for free in this world.

You can always ask your mommy or daddy for 5$ dollars though right? Instead of buying a Big-Mac?

P.S. The advertisements keep F2P running, if there were no advertisments, then there'd be no Free Version of this game. Just members.

Be glad for what you have and stop whining.

Funny post.... You forgot some things though. To get money from the customers (P2P) they need to be happy. P2P is happy when the economy is good. F2P keeps the economy good by producing tons of raw materials that P2P uses. So actually F2P goes a long way to keeping RS running. People like you for some reason refuse to acknowledge it. If they removed F2P the backlash members would feel would be tremendous. It would be like removing autoers all over again except nobody would replace them this time.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not gonna read this entire thread.

but dragon weapons f2p? No no no no no no no no no no no no no.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I think they should at least get the dragon longsword.

Riight... so give them the D Long,which would mean giving them Zanaris, which would mean giving them another quest, which would mean also probably giving them the DDS too.

Giving f2p a D Long would mean that they have only 1 decent weapon which would massively outpower any others. It would be more trouble than it's worth.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I have to agree, F2p could definitly use some new weaponry. "dragon" isnt my first vote, unless it's adjusted dragon, with no special, *slightly* weaker, and under different names.

To those arguing that f2p are simply freeloaders... lmao, lets just see how well you do once they're gone :twisted:

You like you're ore ready and available at the click of a button? wood? food? essence?

No dice, resources would sky-rocket in price substantially, membership would probably go up in price, and expect lots of members to leave. f2p ads bring in enough to keep the game running and then some, p2p fees are used for development and paying the people who work for jagex.

so f2p= easy cashcow

more content in f2p=more people willing to play runescape for the amount of free content available

more players= more potential members

more members and more f2p= more money

more money=better, faster, and more rewarding updates, more often.

There is NO downside to giving to f2p, apart from the fact that most members are too damn stuck up to see that its a good thing!

I've been a member, I've been f2p, I'm neutral whether anyone gets updates or not, but it makes me mad when people go on righteous rants about how f2p are worthless dirt who just sap money and content from members, and give no benefit for their existence.

They supply members with raw resources, and supply the company with large amounts of money.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I have to agree, F2p could definitly use some new weaponry. "dragon" isnt my first vote, unless it's adjusted dragon, with no special, *slightly* weaker, and under different names.

To those arguing that f2p are simply freeloaders... lmao, lets just see how well you do once they're gone :twisted:

You like you're ore ready and available at the click of a button? wood? food? essence?

No dice, resources would sky-rocket in price substantially, membership would probably go up in price, and expect lots of members to leave. f2p ads bring in enough to keep the game running and then some, p2p fees are used for development and paying the people who work for jagex.

so f2p= easy cashcow

more content in f2p=more people willing to play runescape for the amount of free content available

more players= more potential members

more members and more f2p= more money

more money=better, faster, and more rewarding updates, more often.

There is NO downside to giving to f2p, apart from the fact that most members are too damn stuck up to see that its a good thing!

I've been a member, I've been f2p, I'm neutral whether anyone gets updates or not, but it makes me mad when people go on righteous rants about how f2p are worthless dirt who just sap money and content from members, and give no benefit for their existence.

They supply members with raw resources, and supply the company with large amounts of money.

I agree. Well written. Without f2p supporting the economy, RS's economy would suffer a financial crisis. [Hmm. Sound familiar?] Bad things would happen. Prices would fluctuate greatly, and once the f2p-produced raw material supply would dry up, prices would sky rocket, effectively killing skilling. Everyone would be forced to grind out

I think a few [really, few] weapons around level 50 would be a nice addition. Perhaps give members an added bonus of a special attack, or something along those lines.

However, that would unbalance the already unbalanced combat triangle, so I think adding like one or two spells and an average level 50 range weapon would do nicely.

Just because we don't pay out of our own pocket to play this game doesn't mean that we're not supporting Jagex in any way. We're not freeloading. Without f2p, Runescape would head towards Ruinscape.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

If Jagex gives F2P dragon weapons, then F2P players would probably just ask for more stuff. Also, since some people have compared F2P to a glorified demo, it raises the question of when was the last time any other demo has been updated?

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

If Jagex gives F2P dragon weapons, then F2P players would probably just ask for more stuff.
But don't some ask for stuff anyway?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I think giving them corrupt dragon is a big enough taste for them already tyvm. No pay, no extras :shame:

Corrupt dragon things were a mess. They are useless for their money. Corrupt dragon weapons are good for PvP but they don't cover their price. Anyway, who needs dragon weapons in F2P? 70-melee stats are way better than 99 mage or range in F2P. It would be better if there are no special F2P PvP rewards!

If Jagex gives F2P dragon weapons, then F2P players would probably just ask for more stuff. Also, since some people have compared F2P to a glorified demo, it raises the question of when was the last time any other demo has been updated?

No, it's not a demo. Runescape has two modes to choose. One is F2P and the other is P2P. There are many (MANY!) games like that. F2P is the basic game (more than RSC) and P2P adds extra benefits with much more to do. I would compare P2P with an add-on (a big one though).

[404] Signature not found.

you realy think that all of the money from adds is needed just to keep f2p alive... o pleaze thats a load of crap and i dont care if u heard it from jagex themselves there are plenty of games/sites out there that are alive strictly because of adds.

look at google, yahoo, ect. the reason that jagex has adds is because there are lots of f2pers and because of this other organizations will pay them to hold their adds on their site.

also for those of you saying that it will ruin the combat triangle i whould have to say that thats done and over especialy in the case of mages.

finaly i whould like to say that personaly i dont care what jagex does to f2p as long as it does something for them everyonce in a while and i dont mean give them something to try and put them in a perdicament where they feel pressured to become a mem but something that will help survive i mean shure there are new players everyday who cares if we louse a few here and there but those players are inexperienced and dont help stimulate game play initaly but if we keep f2pers attracted then they will help stimulate gameplay for members as well as reap their own rewards. didnt any of you read this site's artical on how f2p stimulates p2p by supplying raw materials and buying finshed materials?

the main point im trying to get across here is that f2p is taken for granit by members and unless u like spending money on games u dont know about u were in their shoes once too.

You make good points but I can't take you seriously because you wrote granit instead of granted. and that's just one mistake.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

No, it's not a demo. Runescape has two modes to choose. One is F2P and the other is P2P. There are many (MANY!) games like that. F2P is the basic game (more than RSC) and P2P adds extra benefits with much more to do. I would compare P2P with an add-on (a big one though).

Technically I guess you're right since RS started off as a free game at first. But now it has evolved to the point where if you want updates, you're going to have to pay for them. Just look at the term Pay to Play compared to Free to Play. It makes perfect sense that P2P should get the benefits.

You make good points but I can't take you seriously because you wrote granit instead of granted. and that's just one mistake.

This is a prime example of why the world is such a terrible place. He voiced a compelling point, but you disregard it why? because he doesnt spell according to your standards? Mind's work in many different ways, and just because someone may not sound smart, or say things that would convince you they are smart, doesnt mean they arent. Taking people for granted based on surface observations is major downfall of human nature- Albert Einstein was a pretty stupid kid, he even said so himself, but school just wasnt how he worked, he conveyed himself, and learned differently from what the government assumes you should be.

Just a little quip wth your judgement system.

OT- f2p could use some better gear, offensively. Whether they'll ever do that or not, is almost certainly a maybe, depending on how long this game lasts. Eventually, everything will be upgraded, its just a queston of time.

For people arguing that f2p doesnt deserve an update simply because they're f2p.. well- ANY update f2p gets, p2p gets, anything that makes anything in f2p easier, will make p2p easier too, as resources/money flow will increase at the base. p2p gets updates, thats how it is, and thats fair, as people are actively supporting the game, however that doesnt mean that f2p is just dirt that should die.

As I've already said in a previous post- members would die without f2p, the flow of base resources is now completely dependant on f2p for the majority. without them everything would go up, and inflation would destroy the economy, just look what happened after the bots were abolished.

So appreciate f2p a little more, and remember that anything given to f2p is given to you, PLUS the fact that any bonus in f2p will lower prices related to whatever they get for p2p.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Members have whip to train attack and defence and saradomin sword to train strength, not to mention godswords and barrows.

Only drag weapon used in P2P is DDS, and this to only for KO's.

An idea is to remove quests for dragon weapons, eliminating the need for quests for aquiring dragon weapons. This would provide a rise in all dragon items as they become the best item in F2P, making everyone want to own them.

2eprbpj.png

You make good points but I can't take you seriously because you wrote granit instead of granted. And that's just one mistake.

This is a prime example of why the world is such a terrible place. He voiced a compelling point, but you disregard it why? because he doesnt spell according to your standards? Mind's work in many different ways, and just because someone may not sound smart, or say things that would convince you they are smart, doesnt mean they arent. Taking people for granted based on surface observations is major downfall of human nature- Albert Einstein was a pretty stupid kid, he even said so himself, but school just wasnt how he worked, he conveyed himself, and learned differently from what the government assumes you should be.

Just a little quip wth your judgement system.

Has nothing to do with stupidity, it has to do with whether or not you wish to make the effort of spelling right or taking time to read what he wrote. He knows just as much as I do that granted isn't spelled like that. If he can't be bothered, then tl;dr.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Members have whip to train attack and defence and saradomin sword to train strength, not to mention godswords and barrows.

An idea is to remove quests for dragon weapons, eliminating the need for quests for aquiring dragon weapons. This would provide a rise in all dragon items as they become the best item in F2P, making everyone want to own them.

Really? Cause Iv been using dragon scimitar all day.

Low level members/poorer people use the dragon weapons alot, you cant say for a second that they arnt used.

Removing quest? Yeah, lets remove Heros quest, Regicide and Lost City.

That means Crystal bows go too because no Roving Elves as there is no Regicide.

Gotta take legends out too, that requires Heros.

Hell, lets remove the quests for herblore. More herblorists means more potions.

Damn, why not all quests in the game! No one should have to prove themselves to wear good weapons or armor.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Really? Cause Iv been using dragon scimitar all day.

Low level members/poorer people use the dragon weapons alot, you cant say for a second that they arnt used.

Removing quest? Yeah, lets remove Heros quest, Regicide and Lost City.

That means Crystal bows go too because no Roving Elves as there is no Regicide.

Gotta take legends out too, that requires Heros.

Hell, lets remove the quests for herblore. More herblorists means more potions.

Damn, why not all quests in the game! No one should have to prove themselves to wear good weapons or armor.

Maybe he meant Jagex could remove the quest requirements to wield dragon weapons? So, even if you have yet to complete the quest, you can purchase the weapon from those who have and use it, creating a little niche market.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I think they call it "Members" for a reason. People who play in free-to-play should be happy just getting a dragon item released in their game status. Members are players who are willing to pay out of their own pockets for extra features in the game. So I can't really understand the logic behind this.

I myself got members for the player killing aspect of it, because i became bored of free-to-play player killing. I thought it would be more interesting using new weapons in a variety of methods, so i payed to experience these things.

Pamont2.gif

Pamont2.gif

Look, this has been said too many times in the whole thread. One post is enough, okay? We don't need to read the same thing six times a page.

uh how many times has this thread been posted?

what has free to play gotten in the last year or so?

fog

gop

corupted d weaps

clan wars

duel

you even got a new quest for haloween

now you want more just because corrupted dragon weapons arn't up to your standards?

if anything the corrupt d weaps are horrible because they make the combat triangle a combat line with everyone only using melee.

If f2p should get any updates it should be for mage and range. not ancients or enchanted bolts, but at least snare and maby some of the lower level cross bows.

if your not happy either pay the $5 or leave.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Technically I guess you're right since RS started off as a free game at first. But now it has evolved to the point where if you want updates, you're going to have to pay for them. Just look at the term Pay to Play compared to Free to Play. It makes perfect sense that P2P should get the benefits.

I didn't say F2P needs updates. It's alright as it is. People often forget the point of F2P as being the basic game. That's why it gets basic things like new bank, lending and pvp worlds. Recently I see Jagex updating F2P more often with things like Runecrafting Guild or Fist of Guthix which aren't basic things and I don't really know why they do it.

[404] Signature not found.

Looking at TIF for the first time in months and seeing that people are still coming up with these ridiculous suggestions makes me want to scream. F2P deserves NOTHING. So your argument is this: Because F2P's PvP was wrecked (which I'm not denying) they deserve member's items.

Let me translate this into the language of logic.

"People who don't pay for this game and don't support it or help it grow had it wrecked for them and therefore deserve compensation in the form of items that you usually must pay to be able to get."

Huh?

How does this work? Since F2P never contributed anything to begin with, they should view the fact that they ever had a game this complex for FREE as a privilege. But demanding member's things? You go too far. I hope I've gotten through to some of you.

[English translation needed]

I didn't say F2P needs updates. It's alright as it is. People often forget the point of F2P as being the basic game. That's why it gets basic things like new bank, lending and pvp worlds. Recently I see Jagex updating F2P more often with things like Runecrafting Guild or Fist of Guthix which aren't basic things and I don't really know why they do it.

What is "basic" and what is not is very subjective though. In my opinion, what we already have incorporated into Runescape (the broadest aspects of the game) is what I define as basic. It wouldn't make sense that Jagex added more "basic" material into the game. As time goes on, the updates get more advanced than the previous ones.