Those "Holy <beep>" moments in gaming... [possible spoilers]

ixfd64

When Samus takes *her* helmet off at the end of Metroid. No-one guessed that was coming.

Also, I was scared the whole time I played Bioshock. Seriously. I didn't even complete it, I traded it in to get COD4. :)

spacescenev24.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GuildWars:Prophecies,where there's one secondary objective in Frost Gate and while doing it you run smack into a group with 4 healers.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

RE4: When my mate had it, we kind of jumped a bit when he got grabbed from behind by a villager after throwing one off.

Reminds me of a bit in Resident Evil 2. There's a part in the police station when you walk around a corner, and the licker crawls across the window on the other side. It scared the hell out of me, and there is a door right there to lead on to the next area. Let's just say that door waited a long time to be opened. :ohnoes:

spacescenev24.jpg

If we're talking about scary moments I almost [cabbage] myself during one part of Dead Space. I was crawling through this hallway, and came to a corner. As I turned a corner there was a vent behind me, and in front of me was one of the monsters. I yelled and started to attack it, and it just jumped up into the venting in the ceiling. Well, I figured I was safe so I continued on.

Wrong. [bleep] came out of the vent behind me and scared the ever living [cabbage] out of me when it grabbed on to me.

Are we talking about scary momemnts or awesome moments?

It can be both.

Anyways, I've just thought of two more:

1. Super Mario World

A long time ago, I was playing Super Mario World with a very old friend and we were both rather inexperienced with the game. We got to the boss room of one of the fortresses and had to fight four Reznors. After beating two of them, the bridge above the lava begins to disintegrate. Needless to say, we ended up dying (although we eventually beat the level).

2. Donkey Kong Country

[hide=Possible spoiler]After you beat the final boss (King K. Rool) once, fake credits begin to scroll. After the credits, you'll have to fight him a second time. I got tricked by the fake credits, and although I became suspicious, I was unable to react in time before King K. Rool got back up and killed me.[/hide]

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

The only time I can think of is when I was facing one of the Regenerators in Resident Evil 4. It was in this really dark hallway, and you can see different rooms on both sides that have medical tables on them with blood spewed everywhere. You go down once and don't see anything. But once you go down again one of those Regenerators has appeared. Just seeing that thing coming toward me down the hallway freaked me out.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

If we're talking about scary moments I almost [cabbage] myself during one part of Dead Space. I was crawling through this hallway, and came to a corner. As I turned a corner there was a vent behind me, and in front of me was one of the monsters. I yelled and started to attack it, and it just jumped up into the venting in the ceiling. Well, I figured I was safe so I continued on.

Wrong. [bleep] came out of the vent behind me and scared the ever living [cabbage] out of me when it grabbed on to me.

On a side note, it's fun to mess with those scripted events. There's one part where there's a necromorph that just runs in front of you and jumps in a vent without attacking, and you can't kill him fast enough. So on my second playthrough, I knew it was coming, and grabbed one of the exploding canisters. When I saw him run for the vent, I blasted the can at him and bye-bye threat.

But yea, Dead Space had some truly :o :shock: out together moments. Like dropped-jaw bulgey eyes.Like the captain...holy crap, the first time I didn't even know what to do and the infector killed me. Or the first brute...

And definitely the final boss.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

[hide=Bioshock]Would you kindly?[/hide]

[hide=Shadow of the Colossus]The ending, where the un-named main character gets consumed by Dormin, and becomes a baby...with horns.[/hide]

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Awesome:

Me + Aquarism + Shadow x Halo 3 Legendary. = Epic. D:

That was just too funny.

Haha, yeah. Halo 3 can really generate those moments if you're in a good game with good friends.

EndWar gave me some of these moments. Like when I watched my friend fire his own WMD too close to his entire battle group and decimate himself completely while only getting rid of the enemy's artillery. I just said a quiet "[bleep], man..." and played some Sims.

And when my riflemen were getting strafed by not one, not two, but THREE units of gunships when there was no cover around. Apparently airstrikes can be used devastatingly against them, though. ::'

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Awesome moment?

I was playing multiplayer on AoE2:Conquerors.I chose Goths.The other 7 guys were archer civs #-o

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

[hide=Gears of War 2]Cole Trains, um, enlightening speech.

Delta Squad is in your house, [bleep]! You hear that [cabbage]?! You grubby-[wagon] [bleep]es are goin' down! Like way down--dead down... so down you ain't even gonna know which way is up!

Your [wagon] are gonna be cryin' to your skanky-[wagon] queen! Oh mommy, don't let the bad man hurt us! [bleep] you! We gonna whup your momma's [wagon]! Woo!"[/hide]

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

MGS2

[hide=]The whole last hour and a half the first time. Will never forget that WTF moments as the plot just begins to go crazy train into the most insane ending ever. Then after the credits, I almost dookied my pants.[/hide]

MGS Series:

[hide=]All of the after credit stuff is always super WTF moments[/hide]

Kingdom Hearts 2:

[hide=]Haha it was only a WTF moment becuase of how fast/intense the final battle is at 4am half asleep[/hide]

Half-Life:

[hide=]So near the end you have to go up a set of stairs onto a catwalk, across it into another room, and down a set of stairs to turn on a valve. SO after that 2 aliens warp in front and behind you. I killed them and went back up the stairs.

On the catwalk, a huge monster warped in the air above me. There was too much noise to hear it (You could hear water flowing loudly from the valve) All of a sudden CRASH! your falling. I felt back out of my computer chair screaming obsenities.

God that game is amazing.[/hide]

Sig

Canis Canem Edit/Bully - That whole mental hospital and surrounding area just freaks me out to the max, and especially the time I told my brother to go out the back door one time. Slingshot>Door>Random hallways>Outside area with no way out>Waiting till he passes out FTL! :shock:

Never want to go through that area ever again. :ohnoes:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

resident evil 4

the maze part, with the dogs, man that gets to you, you can hear the easy enough, but you can't see em, then they're on your face.

also, when you first find the generators, even after you've finished the game a few times those things are still pretty creepy, first time i saw one i emtied about 300 TMP round into it before the damn thing died.

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

a game that i've forgot the name of.

theres no map, and you use a bleeping proximity detector to check if enemies are near.

they run from the shadows, and they have that "run straight at you screaming, and to hell with things like gunfire" attitude.

walking along in complete silence, aside from the odd drip of water, then, all of a sudden some kind of massive, zombie demon monster screams at you, jaws jutting, limbs flailing. i just screamed f**k! and threw the controller at the screen.

2Xeo5.png

First two-three runs of They're Red Hot,and Good Mourning/Black Friday on RB-drums.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

i just screamed f**k! and threw the controller at the screen.

Because blunt force trauma will kill something on your television every time... :lol:

Battlefield: Bad Company - no spoilers needed because this general situation happens to you once a map...

I'm running off to the next area I need to capture. I peek my head around a building and I see a tank - an enemy tank. So I quickly duck back behind the corner hoping that it didn't see me. Too late... *boom* whole wall disappears and I'm left sitting there thinking "crap... this isn't going to end well." Just then, second shot comes right at me and *boom*, now I'm dead...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

KOTOR, if you've played it you know the part.

Best. Moment. Ever.

My god that really blew me away, such an awesome twist.

Can anyone remember the second to last level of Hitman 2 were you try to snipe that guy, only to find out its a cardboard cut out? That was awesome.

Also in Halo 3 if you read all the terminals and know anything about Medicant Bias' backstory you'll be pretty amazed.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.