Got any runescape rumors with humor?

jjjon123

I was reading the following post in help in advice...

I was at the agility arena in Brimhaven earlier tonight getting those all important tickets and I saw a couple of guys alching while they waited for the dispensers to change. I asked what they were alching and they said feathers. Surprised, I asked why on earth feathers, they said that if you dipped them in gold somewhere in around the blast furnace in Keldagrim, they alch for 1K each and that 1 gold bar could coat about 200 feathers. I went to Keldagrim and spent a fair amount of time looking for where they might have meant, to no avail.

My questions are these; am I just the butt of a joke that I don't get and were they joking or is there any truth in this? Are the golden feathers stackable? And more to the point- if this is really true, where specifically do I have to go to take advantage of this "golden" opportunity? (Soz, couldn't resist!)

Thanks for looking,

Jasquith

Then I thought, Wow I wonder if any other people have dumb encounters with people like that!

Anyone else have a funny "rumor" that you were told/that you told?

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i was new, someone told me that there are a few greaters in the wildy, u go near them and th'll try to scare you, if u stick around them, they'll give 500k cash. I took my expensive full steel to the greaters in the wildy(idk why, but full steel was kinda expensive and gods wore rune... lol) You can probably guess what happened next <3:

Opieous.png
99 Woodcutting 99 Constitution | 99 Prayer

Scapin since July 05'

I was once told you could get a scythe from casting curse on the log piles west of Varrock.

I heard that exact one, but I heard that you get a scythe and some nature runes... Why on earth would you get anything from casting curse on logs?(quite a long time ago)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

When i was new, someone told me that there are a few greaters in the wildy, u go near them and th'll try to scare you, if u stick around them, they'll give 500k cash.

Ye i heard that to although I never tried it and I think someone told me you could only do it at a certain time.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I spent a fair amount of time alching in the Rouges' Den, and got to know some of the people cooking there quite well. After several days chatting with them, I finally asked, "Why don't you guys wear a chef's hat while cooking? I thought the 15% bonus would be helpful." Suddenly everybody is either wearing or trying to buy a chef's hat.

That was one of my better ones; I may write some more later.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I once heard that dropping your stuff and hitting alt+f4 would duplicate it... I've never willed RS to load so much before! ::' (yes srsly... :roll: )

I had the exact same thing done to me when i started :lol:

vansing.png

There have been two well-known rumors in RuneScape, which old school players may remember.

1. The black party hat - there used to be many claims that a black party hat existed, Although Jagex staff have confirmed that it doesn't exist, some people will claim to have seen one.

2. Paul Gower's weed farm - a long time ago, before herblore was released, a well-known player named Fook A Ji claimed that using a sapphire with a certain tree would teleport the player to Paul Gower's weed farm. A lot of people believed it and tried to find the farm. It's mostly an inside joke for Tip.It users now.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

FLARE SWORD

[hide=]flaresword1ph7.png

flaresword3wu3.png[/hide]

Okay I really don't get that how did that come about some noob just post on the forums selling flare sword. if someone did try and buy it did they just say nevermind or did they put another item up in the trade screen if so what was it. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Yeah I can't spell get over it!

groeschen1.png

Back when I was using the (at the time) secret safe spot for Zilyana, I had convinced some friends that you blocked her via flowers from planting mithril seeds around her....good times.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Just today people were asking me "How do you get Jack Frost outta there?" I told them they had to hit him with snowballs :lol:

I didn't see them again.

:lol:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Ahh, where to start..? :)

Every new account that hits a so-called 'Jagex-magic-number' starts out with a santa hat. What a 'Jagex-magic-number' is,

I'll never know. But it didn't stop me from making three new accounts and logging on the tutorial island to check :mrgreen:

Knife + Chef's hat = White Partyhat, anyone? :thumbsup:

Back when the Halloween event 2005 was released, the reward, a zombie head, would make a joke about how it hurts his hair when you're holding him, and that he'd prefer a handle. Players were deliberately ruining their pickaxes to get axe handles (not tradable back then I reckon), and tried to use it with him. I think that a Jagex mod had to explain that it was a joke :D

This one's one of the new ones, so I'm proud to say that I didn't fall for this one :P Anyway, if you gave a dog (this was before summoning and the release of pet dogs) enough bones, it would become your pet follower (remember, only pet cats were available as followers back then)

In RuneScape Classic, a girl with black hair and all-black clothes would supposedly hit significantly higher than other characters.

Change the color of partyhats by using a dye

(Note: This might actually be true, but I've never seen it) Back in RuneScape Classic, you could, when in a trade, offer an amount like 1000 nails and 2000 coins, and if you were standing by a wall (this is where rares were traded back the, the Varrock castle) the color of the nails would blend in with the color of the wall, making it impossible to see, and it would seem that you were offering 20001000 coins instead of 2000 coins and 1000 nails. Can someone confirm this? I think there's some truth there...

I'll post some more if I'm able to remember them.

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

Armour trimming....

Lose all banked items if you are skulled and die...

Christmas baubles sell for a lot of money...

Zezima is really a macro...

Jagex has a conspiracy against their players (bans and mutes)...

RuneScape is dead...

Falador Guards attack trespassers... (Scared the hell out of me as a newbie.)

The usual.

There has only been one rumor that turned out to be true: raw herring + tree

Oh. When I first joined Runescape, as a free player, I thought that people who wore adamant and rune armor were gods. Then I got owned by a unicorn and White Knight after getting lost between Lumbridge and Draynor Village and ending up in Falador.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Ahh, where to start..? :)

(Note: This might actually be true, but I've never seen it) Back in RuneScape Classic, you could, when in a trade, offer an amount like 1000 nails and 2000 coins, and if you were standing by a wall (this is where rares were traded back the, the Varrock castle) the color of the nails would blend in with the color of the wall, making it impossible to see, and it would seem that you were offering 20001000 coins instead of 2000 coins and 1000 nails. Can someone confirm this? I think there's some truth there...

I'll post some more if I'm able to remember them.

Here:

3scammer.jpg

Its not 10m, its only 100k and a few needles.

From Xx Jut Xx's runescape site.

if you don't bank everthing you got when an opdate happens, you loose it all you got on you :)

that one i heard from real life friend :P scared the crap out of me when i saw the opdate coundown :lol:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Muddy keys would open the muddy chest, containing the oh-so-rare dragon items and of course holiday rares (this one was made up by scammers)

A player who got 99 thieving had the ability to completely loot your bank account

(I must admit, I really fell for this one) Casting high alchemy on leather gloves turns them into gold gloves ("Converts an item into gold")

There is no possible way out of Draynor Manor, once you've entered.

If an item's on the ground, and doesn't get picked up, it appears in the nearest general store, once it has disappeared.

When you catch a fish, you have exactly 48 hours to eat/sell it, or it will become rotten.

This one's not really a rumor, it's just a stupid misunderstanding. I asked a guy from my class how me made his money. He told me he made his money by delivering newspapers. For a week, I walked around RuneScape, searching for this newpaper job. Turns out my friend thought I meant real money, not RuneScape money. He was a paper boy in real life =D>

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D