Fashion & Men

Faux

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Do guys still think it's "gay" to care about your wardrobe? I had this mentality when I was 14, but I grew up

What stores/brands do you guys frequent? For tee's - Guess. Nothing beats their clearance rack when it's 60% off. Hoodies, American Eagle. Jeans - Levi's, Club Monacco.

My tip is: try to never buy things full price. Unless you really really love the [cabbage] out of that thing, your best off by waiting for a sale. I'm still waiting for the Guess collection to go on sale

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From 14 till 19 or 20 I used to care a lot about clothing, I always wanted to look good, have the best clothes. etc. etc. Then I had a year that I completely lost interest in it. I even tried to look as sleazy as possible, now I'm over that as well, and I found something in between, although I want it to go more to the fashion side. It's nice to look good.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I like to wear a lot of colorful clothes. Usually a sweater or a band shirt with a colored zipper hoody over it. I always wear jeans. I don't really care where I buy them though.

Oh yeah and my friends always make fun of me because I always wear striped clothing. 75% of my clothes are striped. They call me steve (you know the striped sweater guy from blues clues) and occasionally sing "The best time to wear a stripped sweater, is all the time."

]

Just started caring more about the clothes I wear over the past year or something really. I still have some clothes that are pretty bad scruffy that I just wear around my flat and stuff but I will try and dress nice if I am going somewhere.

The only thing about sales is that alot of the time it is stuff that is last seasons stuff but I probably got half my clothes in the sales like.

iteme3721.jpg

I used to wear shirts and other smart gear most of the time. I still have the clothes, and still think they look nice, but I just don't see the point in wearing them anymore. I'm not trying to impress anyone, jeans and a top will do me just fine.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I really don't care at all about brands. I use Kohl's-close, convenient, not too expensive. Styles are somewhat beyond me; almost my entire warddrobe is jeans and solid-colored shirts. I actually bought some clothes a few days ago, mostly longer jeans and long-sleeved shirts (I owned a grand total of 2 before, short sleeves the rest of the week). All the new shirts are plain, solid-colored. Grey, red, green, that kind of stuff. I don't think I even own pants that aren't jeans.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I just grab the first t-shirt I find in my wardrobe, and a pair of jeans from the floor.

I don't really care about my appearance, I have no reason to.

If I'm going out/interview etc, then I will.

spacescenev24.jpg

I'm not to big into fashion when you compare me to my twin brother whose into designer clothes but I do try and look good all the time. You never know who your going to run into ;) . On an average day I'll wear an American Apparel tee (which look good for all occasions), levis 514 or a pair of shorts, and a pair of Old Skool Van's. When I go out or something I might throw on a nice shirt or sweater or something. I generally shop at American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, and Nordstroms.

tFtfA.jpg

The attitude that it's gay to care about your clothing / appearance is immature and why a lot of "macho" guys don't actually get with as many girls, they look scruffy and lazy about their appearance.

I buy most of my clothes from Pull and Bear, Topman, River Island etc. Never wait for sales, it's always either size XXL or the ugly [cabbage] which is left over ;)

Mostly now I wear kind of slim leg jeans, not emo jeans, not as loose as say Levis / Hollister etc. Wear zip-up hoodies and t-shirts mostly with it, polo's don't suit my style, same with shirts.

Clothing and appearance are important, the vast majority of the time it's what sets the first impression, then people might decide if they want to talk to you / know you or not.

^Topman.Expensive,but good.

I wear boxers and go topless around the house.But outside I wear a shirt.

Yeah.

Typical style:Hat (fedora-ish) nice long sleeve,collar'd shirt (pinstripes) which I don't button, SLAYER T-shirt inside (very rare here) and black denim-style jeans.My shoes are bleh so...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

My style is nondescript. None of my clothes are particularly noticeable. The only time people comment is when I wear shorts in below freezing temperatures. Although lately, I've developed a liking for shirts like these (although, they're really expensive):

http://www.columbia.com/Product/1/Mens/ ... wAll=False

I also like a good pair of leather boots and older Sperry's (before they made the design all intricate with laces and whatnot).

Oh I remember,I used to think it was girly to care about which BRAND you bought.I avoided those with obvious brandings across them,and have at least 5 plain shirts.Branding is on the sleeve and in the same color as the rest of the shirt.Therefore cannot be seen.Giordano.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I just grab the first t-shirt I find in my wardrobe, and a pair of jeans from the floor.

I don't really care about my appearance, I have no reason to.

If I'm going out/interview etc, then I will.

Yeah, I'll just wear anything I can get my hands on. (...Maybe not.)

I won't bash anyone who cares about how they look though. I personally don't care much, but if you do, then that's fine with me.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I think it's gay only if you go overboard with it. Guys need clothes too so why not try to look nice while you're at it?

The attitude that it's gay to care about your clothing / appearance is immature and why a lot of "macho" guys don't actually get with as many girls, they look scruffy and lazy about their appearance.

Actually a lot of girls like when guys do that too.

I think it's gay only if you go overboard with it. Guys need clothes too so why not try to look nice while you're at it?

Actually a lot of girls like when guys do that too.

The problem is when they really don't care.

I wear a lot of Aeropostal, American Eagle, and Hollister. Actually that's about all I wear. I never used to care about my clothes until I was about 16 and since then I always make sure I look good before I leave the house.

I have a couple of shirts from Aeropostal. I actually did like Aero until I see a lot of old chinese ladies wear it around here.

Hollister is way too expensive for me. Granted they're a notch above AE, Aero, Guess, etc, but their premium isn't worth it. I'd rather go Esprit, Hilfiger or CK for the price.

I've never been too much of a clothes, branded person, (yes, that Nike, poker iron has been there since 95')

Usually I wear plain, white, blue, colured tees. Sometimes stripes, or someother such simple designs.

If you look through my wardrobe, I only have 3 or 4 branded shirts.

A few from IZOD, one or two from Polo, and one jacket I got when I went to Paris.

Wear ties, to school if relevant.