Are parent too harsh on Jagex? or misunderstood?

kill2pleasure

You know, F2P must be for the younger crowd, as clearly they cannot be much older and catch shark.

LOL

Couldn't resist

Only real men catch a shark

Seriously. It's the ultimate test of manhood. How many sharks can YOU catch!?!

Possibly at least perhaps one more maybe than you, potentially

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, F2P must be for the younger crowd, as clearly they cannot be much older and catch shark.

LOL

Couldn't resist

Only real men catch a shark

Seriously. It's the ultimate test of manhood. How many sharks can YOU catch!?!

I hope so - since shes not a man. :lol:

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Well I'm a girl, I don't have to fish sharks to enhance my manhood. Womanhood is all about the herblore.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I bet the anit-videogame groups are having a hoot about this now... :?

-Well, for one thing, the kid seems too young to be playing RuneScape. I could guess he is 11/12 in the video, but this is just rediculous.

- Erm, Parents? There is a Parent's Guide on the MAIN RuneScape website. It seems that they were trying to pin the blame on Jagex becaue they did not know anything. However, I know my parents, and they do not know a thing about computers and MMORPGs like I do, so I have some sympathy.

-As for the relatives paying- Didn't the main reporter say that 'Timmy' gained all of his levels by putting in time and effort? Then they turn around and say they spent real money for "Gold-Points".

(Side Note: Being mature in a videogame, then getting hacked, and getting all pouty about it afterwards is VERY mature... -.- )

Here is a quick altered quote based of another in terms of MMORPGS:

"The Best offence is a Good defense... along with some PIN #'s, GOOD Passwords, Recovery Questions, and good-old Common Sense."

They got their 15-min of fame. Oh how we <3 our Media. :roll:

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Rofl!

Not only does the media have nothing right about Runescape but Timmy and his whole family are just a bunch of rulle breakers that got what was coming for them. No sympathy from me either.

He asked Timmy to join a special clan, which is something very few people are asked to do. Timmy jumped at the chance.

(Reading between the lines) Due to the fact that we (the media) no next to nothing about Runescape and Timmy happens to be a [cabbage] rule breaker who does things on the internet for people way above his age and comprehension, joining a clan is nearly impossible! After all that clan was just too special to refuse!

"Gone in one day because this kid took it. It's sad this has to happen because there are so many kids on this site, " Claire says.

Yes because the game specifically asks for kids aged 6-12! Ever occur to them that the game is meant to be played by teens and adults aged 13+? And I wonder where they thought all that armour and weapons Timmy bought came from? The irony of the RWT losing his account to a hacker who will RWT the items is just too awesome.

Meanwhile, the family says they've gotten no help from RuneScape. They say a thief is getting away with a crime and taunting Timmy about it.

Perhaps that is because they are as much of a rule breaking cheat as the other person is? Is the hacker really any worse than the young RWT who shouldn't be playing in the first place?

Some people never cease to amaze me. How long ago did this happen anyways?

1. He's not old enough to play anyway.

2. He's silly enough to enter his RuneScape password on any other website, Jagex do clearly tell you not too.

3. He openly (and his parents) admitted to RWT (Real-World Trading)

My opinion:

He should be perm banned.

Well I'm a girl, I don't have to fish sharks to enhance my manhood. Womanhood is all about the herblore.

Sexist to be quite honest Tripsis :lol:

That grandmother is sad, OMG I LOLD SOOOOO HARD HE SHOULD HAVE AN IP BAN JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT

LOL! "lets all give him cash for christmas so he can buy pixels" that granny sux with capital S

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

It is the parents fault... first of all because they are letting their child play a game which you

need to be 13+ to play it, and he is what 11?

Also he was buying RuneScape gold and weapons etc... with real money.

Now not only is he too young to play it, he is also breaking another rule!

So it is their fault that they are spending money on things that can be obtained in the game fairly easily.

In the video, if it is the same one I saw, (probably is...) Jagex said something about giving back all the lost

items and gold that he lost, well it stats multiple times on the RS Official site that they can't do that...

So the parents and their child have to get over it to be honest.

What's Runescape?

I watched this twice and just laughed so hard. This is karma wooping timmy good. It should happen to every single person who real world trades.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Just fail, really.

I have a younger brother who plays Runescape (He's 9, on quickchat, bless :P), and he moaned at me to get him a subscription and I just said NO. Because THIS is what happens when you let kids use real life money on the internet. You produce a lot of fail.

Anyway he did RWT therefore he doesn't deserve sympathy, just people laughing at him for being a [developmentally delayed].

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Ha. They should have read the rules before giving him money for gold. It's his own fault. If the url is different, I usually use a different password. Simple solution, works out well. I don't see whats the big deal about this, he broke rules, he did exactly what jagex warned him against, and he got hacked. Jagex should ban him

P.S. Thats right. It's his own fault, not the parents.

Admitting to RWT on national news fail. Serves him right

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Parents/Guardians, take note. If your kid asks for money for something on the internet that you don't know much about, do a bit of research. It's not beyond you.

Its not like the rules are buried in a million page end user agreement

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Its disgusting that there are people out there trying to get your password, stealing hundreds of hours of work that people have put into there accounts. This is a 11 year old child not some spotty teenage kid who would know better like most of you posting on here. I do feel sorry for him, having played wow i know how many people actualy bother to buy gold and i dont see why it would be anydiffernt here other than the fact its banned, but for parents there just trying to make their child happy.

If i was a 65 grandad who was born in an age without computers i wouldnt of thought to log onto this website read all the rules to see if buying gold was aloud, you just do what you can to please your grandson and make him happy.

Yes he did break the rules but hes equally 11 years old. I see no reason why he cant play runescape its just a shame there is so many evil bastards out there pathetic enough to steal accounts.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Its disgusting that there are people out there trying to get your password, stealing hundreds of hours of work that people have put into there accounts. This is a 11 year old child not some spotty teenage kid who would know better like most of you posting on here. I do feel sorry for him, having played wow i know how many people actualy bother to buy gold and i dont see why it would be anydiffernt here other than the fact its banned, but for parents there just trying to make their child happy.

If i was a 65 grandad who was born in an age without computers i wouldnt of thought to log onto this website read all the rules to see if buying gold was aloud, you just do what you can to please your grandson and make him happy.

Yes he did break the rules but hes equally 11 years old. I see no reason why he cant play runescape its just a shame there is so many evil bastards out there pathetic enough to steal accounts.

I can, sort of, understand what you're saying. However, since when has being 11 years old a defence for breaking the rules? "Poor little" Timmy obviously lied about his age initially, then resorted to breaking more rules by RWTing just to get the items he wanted without having to work for them.

I can't understand why Jagex didn't mention the 13 age limit and the fact that RWT is against the rules when they replied.

Yes his parents should have taken more interest in what their son was doing, and done some more research into the game before allowing him to spend all that money, but ultimately it's Timmy's responsibility.

Teeg

I can't understand why Jagex didn't mention the 13 age limit and the fact that RWT is against the rules when they replied.
Must be massive pressure on them to not look bad on national TV.

I just watched the video, the catching sharks part is epic :lol:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Anyone manage to catch his RS name?

Dumb kid, dumb granny and dumb news company.

Love this quote "His so good people ask him for help".

Moral of the story don't trust everyone, don't RWT and do not make a [developmentally delayed] of yourself on TV

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Wow. Just wow. I can't believe how incredibly STUPID some people can be. The only intelligent thing said during that whole report was when the news reporter (at the end) said to be careful not to go to websites you're not sure about. Well, duh!!!

It's idiotic poeple like this who go and screw up the game. They are openly admitting to RWTing. And then criticizing Jagex for not doing enough to catch cheaters!

To be completely honest, I hope Jagex sues this idiotic family for breaking the rules and defamation.

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)