Conficker Worm

runescapeloser22

Sooo... any word on what the command is exactly? Has it screwed Britain over yet?

It's 45 minutes to midnight here... I'll unplug my internet cable before then.

It's not a major problem to us, if you can access http://www.microsoft.com, you're safe. If you're running any form of linux, you're basically 100% safe from the worm :D

Well that's good to know. My microsoft website is up. =)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There I created a command that incase my computer does anything weird I do a command and my whole Computer goes KABOOM!

The command is 1a 2b 3*BOOM*

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Sooo... any word on what the command is exactly? Has it screwed Britain over yet?

It's not a major problem to us, if you can access http://www.microsoft.com, you're safe. If you're running any form of linux, you're basically 100% safe from the worm :D

whataboutamac?

Macs aren't important enough for them to target, it's not a broad-enough audience. All I need to do to kill my computer is type "killall -9 -1" in the terminal.

laura might kill me over that statement.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The middle USA ares has now entered april 1st. One more hour for the west side of the USA to enter.

Actually two, its only 9:58 pm here on the West Coast.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

The middle USA ares has now entered april 1st. One more hour for the west side of the USA to enter.

Yeah, he forgot to factor in the mountain timezone.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Yeah, he forgot to factor in the mountain timezone.

Such hatred. :notalk:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I'm not sure, but the MS site on the Conficker said that it used your USB drives to infect computers, and in the picture they were showing on the auto-play window that appears when you plug a UDB drive, the icon is actually a folder, not a removable drive.

here:

Autoplay.jpg

I have been having a problem with my drive for awhile, i plug it but instead of the removable drive icon, it shows a folder and i can't open it. I have to right click->Explore to see what is inside. AVG 7.5 detects something called "pleaseplayme" and eliminates it, but it comes again and again, i tried reformatting it alot of time, and it stays the same in other computers. I also use the drive to play music on my stereo. And since that problem appeared, most songs i put in it won't play, only some i had before it happened.

Do i have it? :o

LOL I use a flashdrive for school, so it may have Conficker on it. My computer says something needs to be fixed on it (scan and fix). The Plug and Play shows a folder icon. Then again, it has always been a folder icon ever since I bought my computer.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Anyone ever read the title as Cornf*cker worm?

if it is just an april fools prank i hope that its not going to be like that dum i love you virus or whatever it was called. the one that crashed your computer and just kept typeing i love you over and over.....

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'm not sure, but the MS site on the Conficker said that it used your USB drives to infect computers, and in the picture they were showing on the auto-play window that appears when you plug a UDB drive, the icon is actually a folder, not a removable drive.

here:

Autoplay.jpg

I have been having a problem with my drive for awhile, i plug it but instead of the removable drive icon, it shows a folder and i can't open it. I have to right click->Explore to see what is inside. AVG 7.5 detects something called "pleaseplayme" and eliminates it, but it comes again and again, i tried reformatting it alot of time, and it stays the same in other computers. I also use the drive to play music on my stereo. And since that problem appeared, most songs i put in it won't play, only some i had before it happened.

Do i have it? :o

Your infected. Go to your IE if you can go to Microsoft.com then your kinda of safe. Microsoft.com also has instructions on how to remove it.

Anyone ever read the title as Cornf*cker worm?

Supposedly it's the word Configure and Ficker (German curse) put together.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090401/twl-conficker-worm-digs-in-around-the-wo-2802f3e.html

Sounds like an Mudkipz Win! Joke to me after reading the second paragraph.

It would be pretty cool if it was all a joke and that all the news websites and news reporters were lying. :D But I doubt it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

whataboutamac?

Macs aren't important enough for them to target, it's not a broad-enough audience. All I need to do to kill my computer is type "killall -9 -1" in the terminal.

laura might kill me over that statement.

:lol:

(is not a Mac fangirl)

hopesolopatriot.jpg

What the.. I guess it was true. I woke up this morning and my other computer is just a black screen. Even when I restart it, it just loads to a black screen. :shock:

April Fools! :twss:

Lolwut, "A pril F ools!" has been replaced with "Mudkipz Win!!" ? :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090401/twl-conficker-worm-digs-in-around-the-wo-2802f3e.html

Sounds like an Mudkipz Win! Joke to me after reading the second paragraph.

It would be pretty cool if it was all a joke and that all the news websites and news reporters were lying. :D But I doubt it.

I still reckon it's a joke from Microsoft. But we shall see!

If it isn't it makes my Mac seem that little bit more worth the money :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I run absolutely no antivirus software, and I even turn my firewall off. Yet, I don't have conficker.

:?:

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

I don't have much protection either and I don't have it either. I do have a firewall on Vista, but it's always at low since I run a server on this.

No sign of a virus here, and I am pretty sure that all my security is up to date.

To be fair, if anybody has the worm, they're not going to be typing about it here, are they?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's not a big joke it's just waiting...the new conficker HAS been activated...it's gathering the 500 websites and is waiting for more commands.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/te ... m.intv.cnn

Guy in video says there is some activity.

Mikko posted earlier about how the domain generation algorithm in Conficker works. Just to make it clear to everyone this has now started.

Infected computers use the local time as the trigger to start generating the list of 50,000 domains, so in places where the local time is already April 1st, these computers are now actively polling for domains.

And, until the GMT date is April 1st they are in fact polling for domains for 31st March. So far there hasn't been any updates available on those sites.

In summary: Conficker has activated. So far nothing has actually happened.

[hide=Picture from F-Secure]033109_conficker_dns.jpg[/hide]

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001643.html

April 1st, 2009 has arrived.

As I'm posting this, it's 00:18 on the 1st of April in Auckland, New Zealand.

But there aren't that many Conficker infections in New Zealand to begin with.

Infection situation in South Korea is more interesting; it's in the TOP 5 infected countries. And it's already 20:18 on the 31st in Seoul right now.

So, when exactly is Conficker activating?

It goes like this:

* Conficker checks the local clock every 90 minutes (in some cases even more frequently)

* The check is done with Windows GetLocalTime function

* GetLocalTime gives the local time, based on the local time zone

* Because of this, machines around the world are returning different times

* Clock skew affects this as well

* But not by much, as Windows machines will sync their local clock with time.windows.com once a week

* Once the local clock says it's April 1st, Conficker will collect a date from the net

This means that machines in Australia will already be collecting a date from the net when machines in Hawaii aren't.

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001641.html

But if you can go on sites like mircosoft.com or KNOWN antivirus sites, you should be okay.