farming record?

noble_aloof

No wonder yip.it forums is going down hill.

I'm a perfectly credible player with no reason to be doubted or w/e. Yet jsut because on 1, 1 singular short stint of farming a few herbs I got LUCKY and got a high average I'm obviously a liar.

If I was claiming it to be the norm by all means I'd be a lair but I'm not I'm simply saying on that run I was VERY LUCKY and a got a STUPIDLY HIGH average. To the point that until about a week ago I've not had to buy any ppots for like 1yr 1/2 cause I've had heaps of them banked from tht 1 farming trip.

Well you just made yourself a lot less credible. Like I said before, it is simply not possible to get an average that high over multiple runs. Not... possible...

The fact that you're still denying shows you don't know anything about farming.

It IS possible to get that high number of herbs from a patch or higher when your lucky.

Therefore it is perfectly possible to get an average tht high if you strike lucky.

I am by no means claiming its the norm or it wasn't extremely lucky.

It miles miles and miles better than any average yeild I've had before and was such an unlikely outcome I didn't think it could be real.

But I got tht average yield for tht 1 short farming stint. It was INSANELY lucky and I know that and I doubt I'd ever get that kind of luck again or even close, but I got it tht once simple as.

One run: remotely possible.

Two runs: Extremely small chance, not notable.

Three runs: Not possible.

I've farmed thousands and thousands of seeds, and when I got VERY lucky, I managed to get an average of 11-12 per patch. And that's ONE very lucky. To get runs with 15-18 AVERAGE for WEEKS in a row, no matter how many runs you've actually done is total nonsense. It's not even close to being possible. You're making yourself look silly. It's a fact that it isn't possible. So just admit that you were either lying or mistaking.

EDIT: reread everything again, and I must say it's confusing. It seems like he had a 15+ average for 3 weeks but that's impossible. The quote above however talks about one run, so I think he's just talking about ONE SINGLE RUN, but he didn't make himself very clear.

That's pretty much my point, yeah. He said it was weeks in a row. And that, for a FACT, is a lie. And I doubt it was a typo. There's quite a difference between "weeks in a row" and "just a single run".

Ergo: trying to show off has failed.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95 farming and my best is still 18. Ive had a few runs where it seems my numbers have been high. But on even my better runs i have 2 patches at the very most above 10 herbs.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

I farmed for 3 weeks.

I did runs of rannars.

I averaged 15 - 18 a patch during tht time.

It is a stupidly high average and the odds of achieveing it are mega slim, but I got LUCKY. It happens.

But if you read carefully I also said I didn't do that many runs in the three weeks, I wasn't playing rs all tht much.

If I was to be exact at the MOST did 1 run every other day when you average it out, probably closer to 1 in 3 days.

Equally I did not log or count every single patch, I just know that in all the runs I had about 2 die and that I was getting at least 10 on every other patch. But I also noted due to the fact it was so good that I was getting 15+ on around 2 in every 4 patches and hit several 20s.

Thus it is by no means an exact figure but across the 3 week period I was getting roughly 15 - 18 on average per patch.

If you reallllllllly want number crunching I know I had roughly 300 ppots (4 dose) at the end of it and I only had 5 at the start (whihc is why i farmed in the first place) and I maybe had 10 rannars to start with. I can't be assed to work it out though, 15 - 18 seems about right region thou.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

No wonder yip.it forums is going down hill.

I'm a perfectly credible player with no reason to be doubted or w/e. Yet jsut because on 1, 1 singular short stint of farming a few herbs I got LUCKY and got a high average I'm obviously a liar.

If I was claiming it to be the norm by all means I'd be a lair but I'm not I'm simply saying on that run I was VERY LUCKY and a got a STUPIDLY HIGH average. To the point that until about a week ago I've not had to buy any ppots for like 1yr 1/2 cause I've had heaps of them banked from tht 1 farming trip.

Please leave.

I farmed for 3 weeks.

I did runs of rannars.

It is a stupidly high average and the odds of achieveing it are mega slim, but I got LUCKY. It happens.

But if you read carefully I also said I didn't do that many runs in the three weeks, I wasn't playing rs all tht much.

If I was to be exact at the MOST did 1 run every other day when you average it out, probably closer to 1 in 3 days.

Equally I did not log or count every single patch, I just know that in all the runs I had about 2 die and that I was getting at least 10 on every other patch. But I also noted due to the fact it was so good that I was getting 15+ on around 2 in every 4 patches and hit several 20s.

Thus it is by no means an exact figure but across the 3 week period I was getting roughly 15 - 18 on average per patch.

If you reallllllllly want number crunching I know I had roughly 300 ppots (4 dose) at the end of it and I only had 5 at the start (whihc is why i farmed in the first place) and I maybe had 10 rannars to start with. I can't be assed to work it out though, 15 - 18 seems about right region thou.

Hmm, you probably made some mistakes at your guesses and calculations. Let's see.

3 weeks, planting like one seed every 3 days (taking the lowest you mentioned). That's 7 runs. I guess it's possible to get an average of 12+ on 7 runs. Note I said 12+ cause you probably only remembered the very good ones + the few that died, and you didn't have any real numbers.

I farmed for 3 weeks.

I did runs of rannars.

Hmm, you probably made some mistakes at your guesses and calculations. Let's see.

3 weeks, planting like one seed every 3 days (taking the lowest you mentioned). That's 7 runs. I guess it's possible to get an average of 12+ on 7 runs. Note I said 12+ cause you probably only remembered the very good ones + the few that died, and you didn't have any real numbers.

It's absolutely not likely, but I guess it could be possible.

okay.

300 4 dose pots = 400 3 dose.

400 - 10 - 5 = 385 ranarrs farmed

let's say you farmed 10 days of the 3 weeks.

385/10 = 38.5 ranarrs per day

38.5/5 = 7.7 herbs per patch on average.

Even that is a lot, but it's nowhere near the 15-18 you're suggesting.

EDIT: Oh I'm an idiot and didn't realise someone else did the maths above me here. Alright, I'll just shut up and leave.

By the way, I've gotten maybe 15 from a patch. Maximum.

Uula.png

okay.

300 4 dose pots = 400 3 dose.

400 - 10 - 5 = 385 ranarrs farmed

let's say you farmed 10 days of the 3 weeks.

385/10 = 38.5 ranarrs per day

38.5/5 = 7.7 herbs per patch on average.

Even that is a lot, but it's nowhere near the 15-18 you're suggesting.

EDIT: Oh I'm an idiot and didn't realise someone else did the maths above me here. Alright, I'll just shut up and leave.

By the way, I've gotten maybe 15 from a patch. Maximum.

I didnt use his numbers like you did. You shouldn't feel an idiot, you totally cleared this up actually.

GUYS, PAW CLAW JUST USED WRONG GUESSES. HE ONLY GOT AROUND 8 RANARRS A PATCH. DISCUSSION CLOSED.

well i'm glad i've started a highly discussable topic.

obviously, although i was very excited by my yield of 11, it is far from your personal records. thank you all for being mature about it.

yesterday i only had 5 ranarrs planted- the results were: 7, 6, 6, 5, 11

that makes my average exactly 7, but thats only one day's worth :P

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I was lucky once and got 22 ranarrs with magic secateurs from one seed.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

well i'm glad i've started a highly discussable topic.

obviously, although i was very excited by my yield of 11, it is far from your personal records. thank you all for being mature about it.

yesterday i only had 5 ranarrs planted- the results were: 7, 6, 6, 5, 11

that makes my average exactly 7, but thats only one day's worth :P

An average of 7 is an ok run for me.

Isn't the yield dependent on the type of seed?

Im really confused, people are saying they gotten 18 toadflaxs from a patch. I use both supercompost+sceatures for toadflaxs and my max is RARELY 12.

I get alot of 8-10s tho. :|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I've gotten far higher than 11 while farming snapdragons. Do falador shields really raise the amount of herbs you get, though? I didn't know that, though it might just be because I can't be bothered to get the runecrafting level for the level 3 shield :oops:

I once got 11 ranarrs from a patch and celebrated like I had become Jesus. My friend then said it was nothing new and that 18 was around the max. I average like 6 per seed.

What is the max anyway?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I once got 11 ranarrs from a patch and celebrated like I had become Jesus. My friend then said it was nothing new and that 18 was around the max. I average like 6 per seed.

What is the max anyway?

Just looking up and down this thread it appears to be either 20 or 22. I can't say that I have a lot of personal experience in Farming but a "max harvest" chart would be a nice addition to the current guide here on Tip.

I'm interested out of pure curiosity about Torstol in particular, since it's the highest level herb that can be planted.

Does your Farming level actually affect your max total number of produce, or just increase the chance of getting a greater number?

2dgucz6.png

What is the max anyway?

Just looking up and down this thread it appears to be either 20 or 22. I can't say that I have a lot of personal experience in Farming but a "max harvest" chart would be a nice addition to the current guide here on Tip.

I'm interested out of pure curiosity about Torstol in particular, since it's the highest level herb that can be planted.

Does your Farming level actually affect your max total number of produce, or just increase the chance of getting a greater number?

You know how there is "max hit videos".

You've just given me an idea!!! Although, I'll probably work on a "max harvest video" when I decide to P2P again.

I'll make sure it's heavily edited with hardcore Farm owning music!!!!

I'll even Barrage AGS spec something nearby before I harvest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and of course I will edit out the times I get fail harvests because I am such a pwnage farming pker!!!!

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

You know how there is "max hit videos".

You've just given me an idea!!! Although, I'll probably work on a "max harvest video" when I decide to P2P again.

I'll make sure it's heavily edited with hardcore Farm owning music!!!!

I'll even Barrage AGS spec something nearby before I harvest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and of course I will edit out the times I get fail harvests because I am such a pwnage farming pker!!!!

This man has the right idea. We need some Max Harvest vids ASAP

What's the point in boasting about maximums when the stakes are this low? on average, if you buy 20% of all the lottery tickets, you'd win 20% of the time, but since the stakes are that high, even a singe ticket can win to make the discussion valid. Getting 22 herbs from a patch is good, but on average, useless.

Also when considering this topic, you'd have to take into account how bugged farming used to be when noone liked to farm. When I was around 87 farming I banked 5 times when harvestring a toadflax patch at caterby, with my average free inv spots at the time being around 13.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I usually average around 30-36 ranarrs from the 5 patches which is roughly 6.5 herbs per. Maybe once every 7 runs or so I'll get over 45 herbs, which is a cause for celebration. All the patches are super composted and wielding the magic secateurs. Falador shield only gives you extra xp, not yield.

My average is just over 7 per seed.

Best is 13 Snaps :shock:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.