Tip.It Times: 24 May 2009

n_odie

I hated the Underground Pass so much. It took me 7 hours to do it lmao.

I liked the Fight or Flight article, cant be bothered to read anything else :lol: almost 4am.

Good read.

Although, skills like Herblore are pointless in ways. Many people just make potions, you barely have to wait 1 day max to get a potion or so many. But the efficiency of making your own is neverending pleasure

I dont need a siggy no moar.

hey, nice articles, little short though :? i liked the fictional one best, we need more of those. by the way, what is that door on the west side of the grand exchange? been wondering about it for a while....

Greecl: agreed, mister Eskimo steroid wrestler black guy thingy.

Lite191: =] lol

Greecl: this is going on my siggy on tippit.

lite191: actually im a ninja Eskimo wrestler on steroids with a godsword… on fire.

Greecl: eating a Klondike bar. =p

lite191: yes but it melted=[

Greecl: aw…wish you weren’t on fire now, huh?

lite191 :no.

lite191: Still freaking awesome.me

Greecl: or as Greecl would say… Frosted flakes are better!!!

lite191: agreed.

I can't understand how people have to patience to get 200M xp in a skill, it's just insane.

The only point of achieving it is to be able to say you have x skill maxed out. That and the glory of having such high xp in a skill.

Underground pass at 1 agility? *shudder*

I did the Underground Pass at 45 and only failed the bridges twice :?

Likewise, I did Mep2 yesterday with 63 and failed the handholds only three times. Am I just lucky with these things or are people really trying them at extreeemely low levels?

Likewise, I did Mep2 yesterday with 63 and failed the handholds only three times. Am I just lucky with these things or are people really trying them at extreeemely low levels?

I did MEP2 at 65 agility and failed just under 20 times, You must have been lucky then.

Really lucky. I failed like 10 times at 60 agility, and mep2 7 times at 61 agility, and I don't even think I was unlucky :x

2dvjurb.png

Only took me like 30 mins to do underground pass at 50 agility.

I can't understand how someone gets 200m xp like holy crap i don't even have patience to get 99 in firemaking, I gave up after 3 days.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Lol, underground pass. >.>

I think that Quest was my sole motivation to get 60 agility after I had completed the Quest.

The article by Stormrage though was something that had already been touched upon countless times in previous articles:

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=204

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=196

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=171

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=110

http://tip.it/runescape/index.php?times=99

Just a few of the articles that heavily relate to this short, and very weak with arguments article. I know finding topics is a difficult one, but this article was short, and the arguments in it were very weak. And the main 'idea' around it was just so related to so many other articles.

I felt that Stormrage's article was just repeating the same question over and over in different ways, and not really addressing the answer, I assume it was supposed to be more of a thought-provoking article, but it was quite awful... And rather pointless.

I did actually read the fictional article, I thought the 'contempt for CLOSED signs' was a rather nice bit.

But I'd rather have more articles to read, even if it means holding off for a week every once in a while (maybe don't go that far). I think the Times needs more writing talent in the form of guest writers... I know last week's guest writer was a fiasco, but that doesn't mean don't try again. Ask around; I'm sure there are people with the ideas and talent who just aren't writing because they figure no one will read it.

I think that the forums as a whole are going kind of downhill and the Times is falling with them... I mean look at the posts: mostly one line, once again mostly relating to the same article...

We need to get an exciting fictional article in there... (no offense to the fiction writers, it's good stuff but people don't read it) That will get people reading them. Perhaps a shorter installment is the way to go, I know people don't enjoy reading walls of text.

Just before i read them, i think theres a typo in the Did you know, i think it should be 'it's worth noting', not 'its worth nothing' near the end.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You're absolutely right that it is hard to find new subjects that have not been written about :oops: So yeah, it may seem like more of the same...

So, those of you who think this way, my mailbox is still empty :)

Give me a subject or a new angle on an old subject, and I'll turn it into a quality piece of writing you've come to expect from me and at least as good as you deserve...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I have a very good topic for an article, and would very much love to write it or suggest it to the writers, however, it would get so many 'thats not how it works!' I am of course talking about ip in cw.

the article was an ok read, but i cant really comment, i only skimmed through it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I had a lot of trouble following the first article. I was just like "What is the point of this article? I don't get it..."

If it was about insanity, then it strayed off topic a lot. Plus repetitive actions aren't a sign of insanity. The only real sign of insanity is inability to control one's mind/actions. The most common sign in people's minds is talking to oneself, and I do that quite often, and I can assure you I am perfectly sane.

If the article was about Underground Pass, then not only has it been addressed recently, it's also not true. My favorite quest, long before I ever came to tif and knew that everyone hated the quest, was Underground Pass, because it was challenging. Despite using a guide, I felt challenged to defeat it because of limited supplies. I remember going through to Iban with no food left, thinking I was going to die despite my protect from magic prayer I was using.

If the article was about the pointlessness of skills like herblore, then I respond with, what's the point of anything in this game. It's a time waster. Sure, you can get a potion cheaper on the g.e. than via herblore. It's only because the game is combat based. Most combat people wouldn't want to train herblore for herblore experience even if it could make you 10m an hour starting at level one. They would train for the money, then go off and buy combat gear and kill things.

If the article was about people maxing 200m experience and how stupid it is, then there are other people who have argued this point many, many times. People do this for different reasons. At the very least, 200m experience shows dedication, along with a perfectionist impulse, and those are the people who are the most successful in the world.

It's not that I care that the topics discussed have been done. It's that I didn't understand what the article was about, and what it was arguing.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

A good read.

Underground pass was a cool quest...i did it at like level 56, with 49 agility I think.

That was when I wanted a dragon hally so bad =P~

Thoses where the days 8-)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

First one was decent didn't read the second one they arn't my type of story :P

The tip was nice also :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I did MEP2 at 65 agility and failed just under 20 times, You must have been lucky then.

My agility level was around yours and it took me from midnight to dawn. :)

When you think about it, the whole of Runescape almost entirely relies on pointless, repetitive actions.

The same could be said of pretty much most RPGs out there.

Of course, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but when the day a game comes where you are free to enjoy an endless assortment of entertainment (and not just repeated iterations of the same concept) that gives you a sense of accomplishment, all MMOs (and probably all human productivity) will cease to exist.

Anyway, I wonder what's on TV....

8f14270694.jpg

In response to fight or flight:

I desire to go all the way. Not to 200m in anything on purpose anyway.

I didnt always. I used to think that half my skills were useless or unbearable to train.

Then i thought i'd never finish all the f2p quests.

Then i dropped my jaw when i saw the members economy firshand.

Then i bought my first dragon items.

Then i quit three times.

Then I was talking down about myself when someone told me that i'd own them at duel arena.

Me own them? Lies.

thats when it hit me. Im not medium level anymore. I can do crazy high level stuff now that apparently im over leveld for most of the time. (Still cant compete with wealthy/pro pkers)

But I desire balance. I do wanna play this game: EVERY part of it eventually. At least once.

I know soooo many people have reached 99 in X skill faster/cheaper than me already.

Done quests or certain fights at way lower cb lvs. Im told all the time i'm weak/poor for my combat lv.

But... Cabbage off.

Im here for all you pkers, to shake my head at your bloodlust.

Im here for all you skillers, to show you the rewards of combat.

Im here for all you pures, to find your weakness hybriding.

Im here for everyone to help you see that if you deny yourself any part of the game, your wasting time (and members are wasting money)

Im wasting money, cause i dont pk outside of safe minigames. I will eventually, i just am to buisy enjoying the rest of the game without it.

The endline: I wouldnt reccomend going for the best cause someones beaten you there. Try to be better by tomorrow than you are today, and do that constantly. Works for me.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.