200M in all Skills

Makilio

Just curious, whats more efficient for all 200m using effigies on slayer or RC? Seems like RC would be more efficient seeing as 200m slayer wont max all combats.

I think I read earlier that someone said that its more efficient to use the lamps on slayer and then cannon cave crawlers to max out melees and use those effigies on runecrafting.

Yes that way saves a tiny bit of time but if you don't have gigabils to spend at crawlers then using them on rc is better.

TBH (my opinoin), I hope nobody EVER spends enough time to get 200m xp in all skills. It is really such a waste of life (unless they are botting... :s) to spend YEARS in a game for a useless honor, prestige, goal.. whatever you'd like to call it.

I have over a year of in game time spent on RS over my 8 years of starting this game, and that disgusts me. But that is besides the point. I'm not trying to preach what people should do with their lives and time, but honestly... the time that needs to be spent in game to legitimately get 200m xp in all levels is gross.. and shouldn't be promoted tbh. Most people in this thread (no, I haven't read the whole thing) are cheering on and encouraging these people to waste their lives for meaningless achievements.

I usually preach and advocate freedom of choice and to do what you want during your short life, but I actually feel it's almost wrong to push these people to waste the majority of their days for this kind of thing.

I honestly have a feeling (and hope) that NOBODY will waste this much time in their lives maxing out an account. Jagex even tells you to "go outside" or whatever after maxing skills. I dont know the exact quote, but I've heard you get a message sort of like that.

My message to the few who are thinking about maxing all skills: DON'T. Life is too short to spend clicking in this game no matter how addicting it may be.

Good luck and farewell.

If it's truly something they enjoy aiming for and would not ever force themselves irresponsibly to achieve, I see no reason for it to be wrong.

"Stand up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Vandite.png

Plenty of us, no matter what game it is would be playing a video game on a daily basis.

I've been through dozens of them over there years, and unlike the trolls I've accepted the fact I'm a gamer for life. No regrets.... Either you regret your past decisions and stay hung up on the past or you move forward in to the future. And better yet, just hang out in the present and don't dwell on the past or the future.

Stop trying to convince daytimegamers they are wasting their life, they won't listen until they are 33 and regret it.

You've made more than a hundred posts on the Tip.It Forums. I deem that as a prodigious waste of time, and also something you will regret in the future.

Yes, that isn't an equal comparison, but even if it were, would it make the slightest bit of sense?

As someone already said...

They might find what you enjoy doing a waste of time. That doesn't mean it is.

Leave them alone, and let them be instead of wasting your time complaining about THEM.

Vandite.png

Stop trying to convince daytimegamers they are wasting their life, they won't listen until they are 33 and regret it.

You've made more than a hundred posts on the Tip.It Forums. I deem that as a prodigious waste of time, and also something you will regret in the future.

Yes, that isn't an equal comparison, but even if it were, would it make the slightest bit of sense?

Leave them alone, and let them be instead of wasting your time complaining about THEM.

It takes a second to post a post lol. And tbh, okay let's see. They enjoy it. Nobody should get the chance to do what they enjoy, for 16 hours a day. That's kinda egoistic imo, dunno why. People have jobs, and they might be boring. Let's make an example, everybody's gotta do boring things in life, and the top players just skip those. They do something fun for 16 hours. Hell, I wish I got the chance to do what I enjoy for 16 hours a day! Party, makin' love to girls..16 hours a day lol? Not cool. Even if you LOVE something doesn't mean you should get the chance to do it for 16 hours a day. Varation is needed. Also, they aren't doing anything good for society. So yeah. My 2 cents

Also, they aren't doing anything good for society.

How do you know? Maybe you couldn't do it, but they might have a way to balance it all.

Also, they aren't doing anything good for society.

How do you know? Maybe you couldn't do it, but they might have a way to balance it all.

Dude if you play 16 hrs a day what's left? Sleep/eat

Party, makin' love to girls..16 hours a day lol?

Lmfao, you ruined all the seriousness in this discussion :lol:.

---

Note, you aren't doing any good to 'society' by complaining about them.

Also, since when were humans absolutely required to contribute to an often materialistic and 'stone-standard' society?

If they have the opportunity to play, let them play. Where's the logic in highlighting it in a negative manner?

On another note, it's best if we halt this discussion after your reply to my post due to this thread not being the best of places to have such a discussion, and also since it's more of a place to track noticeable players.

Vandite.png

---

Also, since when were humans absolutely required to contribute to an often materialistic and 'stone-standard' society?

If they have the opportunity to play, let them play. Where's the logic in highlighting it in a negative manner?

On another note, it's best if we halt this discussion after your reply to my post due to this thread not being the best of places to have such a discussion, and also since it's more of a place to track noticeable players.

Lol k you might call this offtopic, but do remember that all the xp-discussions and "Omfg this method makes u get 0.1 ms second faster tick second bla bla everything cave crawler slayer list watermelons- talk is also offtopic, seeing the purpose of this thread WAS: "Do you think it is possible for someone to reach 200m all skills?" But.it has become 300 pages of discussing fastest-xp-methods. ;) And I think I can at least try for a little bit to get someone's mind to trigger. Humans weren't born to do 1 thing for 80% of the day too, wether it is gaming/tv/sleep/anything. Be balanced, and "You can be balanced if you play 15-20 hours a game each day" No.

ikr my english sucks balls

---

Lol k you might call this offtopic, but do remember that all the xp-discussions and "Omfg this method makes u get 0.1 ms second faster tick second bla bla everything cave crawler slayer list watermelons- talk is also offtopic, seeing the purpose of this thread WAS: "Do you think it is possible for someone to reach 200m all skills?" But.it has become 300 pages of discussing fastest-xp-methods. ;) And I think I can at least try for a little bit to get someone's mind to trigger. Humans weren't born to do 1 thing for 80% of the day too, wether it is gaming/tv/sleep/anything. Be balanced, and "You can be balanced if you play 15-20 hours a game each day" No.

perhaps not for 15-20 hours, but with a 8-10 hour gameplay time, you can get 8-10 hours of other activities a day if you sleep 6 hours, which isn't that bad. (I've been sleeping 6 hours for ages, and I'm a regular runner)

Many of the top players don'tplay that much, and some such as zarfot managed university/work as they played. I somewhat agree with the 20 hours thing, but most of the top players don't fall into that boat.

ZMFg2.jpg

i cant quote ffs

perhaps not for 15-20 hours, but with a 8-10 hour gameplay time, you can get 8-10 hours of other activities a day if you sleep 6 hours, which isn't that bad. (I've been sleeping 6 hours for ages, and I'm a regular runner)

Many of the top players don'tplay that much, and some such as zarfot managed university/work as they played. I somewhat agree with the 20 hours thing, but most of the top players don't fall into that boat.

'kay, 6 hours might be okay, but there definitely are better things you can spend those 6 hours on. 6 hours a day ~ 2400 hours a year . 2400 hours = 100 days. Do this for 5 years and you've used 1,5 TOTAL YEAR of your life,,

On a game.

A game.

Just think about it.

Also, most players who play alot defend this by saying "but its fun i like it" Because they aren't being openminded and search for OTHER fun things. There's more in life than computers

And you may also want to realize that a lot of the top players are in the 15-20 year age and the brain of 95% of that age category needs more like 10 hours sleep a day. I'm turning 17 in 2 weeks. and 99% of the guys I know agree/say yes when I ask them if they sleep till like 12+ am after falling asleep at like 23:00-01:00. so 6 hours will burn you down around that age, really. and yes srsly ive tryed 6 hours of sleep but its even hard for me to get up after 9 hours so yh.

I can't approve of people getting 200M in all skills. Games are made to have a bit of fun when you have free time, not something that takes over your entire life and eats away at sleep and other activities.

2480+ total

Also, most players who play alot defend this by saying "but its fun i like it" Because they aren't being openminded and search for OTHER fun things. There's more in life than computers

Or it's because they actually enjoy the game.

2496 total achieved June 30, 2013

Or it's because they actually enjoy the game.

Does that mean they should do it for 5-20 hours a day ?! rofl i wish i could. i'd probably mess up and get a lot of children tho

Plenty of us, no matter what game it is would be playing a video game on a daily basis.

I've been through dozens of them over there years, and unlike the trolls I've accepted the fact I'm a gamer for life. No regrets.... Either you regret your past decisions and stay hung up on the past or you move forward in to the future. And better yet, just hang out in the present and don't dwell on the past or the future.

Playing video games all day is a rather perverted manifastation of carpe diem, wouldn't you say? :P

Yea, I think we can rule out trying to convince the Runescape elite. And we shouldn't be trying to convince them. It's their life and it's not like they haven't reflected on what they are doing. They are intelligent people. I can only speak for myself, but I'm rather certain they aren't playing this game based on some intellectual principle. They are playing because it makes them feel good. When you eat a Big Mac, your brain goes "Yum, I need these fatty acids for scarce times - I should keep eating!" In this case, we are the fatty acids: "Yum, peer recognition - I should keep on playing!" We, 'the fatty acids', are only slightly to blame: Games like Runescape are built on peer recognition. Without it, they wouldn't exist. The fault lies with Jagex for not putting a cap at 13,034,431, allowing this to run AMOK.

So, in conclusion:

1: Stop trying to convince the top players - they know what they are doing.

2: If you want to convince them, do it somewhere else =)

Edited by Y_Guy
deleted post removed

It takes a second to post a post lol. And tbh, okay let's see. They enjoy it. Nobody should get the chance to do what they enjoy, for 16 hours a day. That's kinda egoistic imo, dunno why. People have jobs, and they might be boring. Let's make an example, everybody's gotta do boring things in life, and the top players just skip those. They do something fun for 16 hours. Hell, I wish I got the chance to do what I enjoy for 16 hours a day! Party, makin' love to girls..16 hours a day lol? Not cool. Even if you LOVE something doesn't mean you should get the chance to do it for 16 hours a day. Varation is needed. Also, they aren't doing anything good for society. So yeah. My 2 cents

I work 40h a week, have a girlfriend and still play rs. You don't know everything about the top players so you are catagorizing it wrong. Before you continue on flaming about how people spend there lives, try to take in the broader picture of some of the top players irl before you try to flame.

You're just jealous.

You can't get a tick to go faster, and you can't make any uninterrupted sequence of events go faster in RuneScape, because everything happens in 0.6 second units of time. How I love being a nerd. *aaah*

Stop trying to make people fit into your world. Apparently you don't find society that great if you say "everyone has to do stupid things they don't enjoy". So why are you doing them? Why do you want other people to do them? You just said they were negative things, and still you are recommending them. Do you like making yourself feel bad? You can't, because that is a paradox. You can't like not liking something because then you are liking it and thus not not liking it. Either you enjoy society a lot more than you are willing to admit, or you do hate doing those things "everyone has to do in life" but you're just angry at other people because they made it better for themselves where you failed to do that. It seems to me that the better option would be to stop listening to the people who want you to do things you don't enjoy, and stop making people who don't listen to the people who tell them to do things they don't enjoy, feel bad. If you say you don't enjoy those things, then you would be a hypocrite to tell other people they should do them, unless you do enjoy them, in which case you're just lying to yourself.

Can we please get mutes or something for anyone who starts a no-life conversation and all those who reply to it from now on?

You're just jealous.

You can't get a tick to go faster, and you can't make any uninterrupted sequence of events go faster in RuneScape, because everything happens in 0.6 second units of time. How I love being a nerd. *aaah*

Stop trying to make people fit into your world. Apparently you don't find society that great if you say "everyone has to do stupid things they don't enjoy". So why are you doing them? Why do you want other people to do them? You just said they were negative things, and still you are recommending them. Do you like making yourself feel bad? You can't, because that is a paradox. You can't like not liking something because then you are liking it and thus not not liking it. Either you enjoy society a lot more than you are willing to admit, or you do hate doing those things "everyone has to do in life" but you're just angry at other people because they made it better for themselves where you failed to do that. It seems to me that the better option would be to stop listening to the people who want you to do things you don't enjoy, and stop making people who don't listen to the people who tell them to do things they don't enjoy, feel bad. If you say you don't enjoy those things, then you would be a hypocrite to tell other people they should do them, unless you do enjoy them, in which case you're just lying to yourself.

Can we please get mutes or something for anyone who starts a no-life conversation and all those who reply to it from now on?

+1

La_Tamatoa.png

My Youtube

#37 to achieve the trimmed Completionist cape.

I think this should be seriously considered. However instead of deleting it or whatever just 'move it' to a different topic so people dont have to read it. I just had to skip over tons of posts and might been something actually worth while reading in there I wont ever know now. Not being rude but its too frequent.

Mutes are better ofcourse. :razz:

Guys this is not a thread for people to accuse all top players of no lifing or going on about how they're wasting their time, etc. It is not appropriate or fair for you to pass judgment on players you don't know. You have no idea what their circumstances are like, and you have no idea how much time they actually do spend playing the game.

A few of you involved in the discussion should know better than to bring up this argument again. Repeat offenders will be dealt with privately.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog