200M in all Skills

Makilio

Just as proof, drumgun isn't hypocritical about the crashing situation- he freely changed servers at frost dragons today when i was already there. I also really like the approach that he is taking in ranging frost dragons as it's nearly as good as melee(doing research on it right now) and offers around equal ranged and prayer xp rates(assuming he altars his own bones), could finally lead to the first person to actually ''max out'' combat, aswell as somewhat cure his lack of slayer xp. I don't, however, approve of his msb+armadyl approach :ohnoes: .

Also, i don't really support the easy xp argument- the xp other top players have over the rest is money in the bank- it can't be taken away from them, and even if other people will remain gaining xp, they will still have the lead for a very long time- look at gert- he has been inactive for quite some time, but boxing him out of the top 5 still takes more than a couple of months, with other mostly training easy skills. The xp might be easy, but the difference of some of the hard skill xp rates isn't ridiculously higher than for some of the easy skills(100k agility, 65k mining+60k smith+55k magic or 230k thieving). Overall, i think that the hardest xp all these competitors will have to gain is either runecrafting(but only around 100m of it due to effigies) or fishing(as they will have maxed magic/fletching by that time).

Omg that was you? Knew I recognized the name somewhere :!: . Anyway, I guess I'll have to start merching sooner or later so I'm gonna use the money for that before doing prayer I suppose. Also, that's not a msb lol <3, it's a sighted magic longbow - best range weapon to kill them with apperentaly.

@All is Great: Thanks! Finally some objectivity in here :)

@Lucipher and Aasiwat: Couldn't agree more XD I try to train all skills that way.

@Langer: Hehe yeah, but in that case you'll have to calc the average playtime a day for each 'top player' aswell to get a real accurate view of who would get there first ;).

@Stonewall: Wth? I'm not a crasher lmao, just new at bandos - which makes it understandable why I responded to the crashing stuff imo, not used to that stuff yet lol.

@Arcane Rift: If we were to follow your spreadsheet, it would mean that Suomi would be the undisputed #1 person to reach all skills 200m since he's closer to it than anyone else, plays longer than anyone else but me, and it's his actual goal too while it doesn't look like he has plans to lead a different life anytime soon either (aka something that would disrupt him). Point determined = thread locked? Though it doesn't work like that, in this case that should almost apply lol. I really don't see anyone other than Suomi get 200m in all skills.

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

I encountered a weird glitch today, and it seemed like this thread was the only one that it is kind of relevant in. I have a slow connection, so sometimes weird things happen ingame, or when things are loading. Today, after I logged in, I switched to my skills tab. For about 2 seconds, all of my skills were 120/120. They quickly changed back to my actual levels before I could get a screenshot. Is this significant in any way?

2s0cxth.png

Omg that was you? Knew I recognized the name somewhere :!: . Anyway, I guess I'll have to start merching sooner or later so I'm gonna use the money for that before doing prayer I suppose. Also, that's not a msb lol <3, it's a sighted magic longbow - best range weapon to kill them with apperentaly.

Yeah, i've been testing out different ranging methods there lately, saw you there again today, too bad there are only 1-2 decent servers at any one time... But anyway, i highly doubt sighted mage long+ rune arrows is the best there as karils is both faster with a higher ranged strength, while ranged accuracy isn't tremendously important as traditional range void is better than armadyl. I'm guessing that diamond bolts+chaotic xbos+void(deflector) is actually the very best method, but i'm currently in the process of finding out.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

yah i prefer semi-afk to complete concentration for wc, fish, mining videos while training skills instead of complete focus on rS for like 5k or w/e extra exp/hr

is ranging better than chaotic rapier thier??? i only have armadyl :(

StarViv.png

yah i prefer semi-afk to complete concentration for wc, fish, mining videos while training skills instead of complete focus on rS for like 5k or w/e extra exp/hr

is ranging better than chaotic rapier thier??? i only have armadyl :(

It depends on what you consider to be better, and really, i'm in the process of finding out. If you go by your first statement, ranging is definitely better for you.

Yeah, i've been testing out different ranging methods there lately, saw you there again today, too bad there are only 1-2 decent servers at any one time... But anyway, i highly doubt sighted mage long+ rune arrows is the best there as karils is both faster with a higher ranged strength, while ranged accuracy isn't tremendously important as traditional range void is better than armadyl. I'm guessing that diamond bolts+chaotic xbos+void(deflector) is actually the very best method, but i'm currently in the process of finding out.

Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason sighted longbow is better is because it adds accuracy to the cannon aswell, which is the main force when killing frosties, thus making it a better option. The bow you're shooting with isn't that important, and since people are there to make money, diamond bolts + chaotic cbow would be a foolish choice simply because it cuts down on profit alot while not gaining much more usefulness from them. :)

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

I encountered a weird glitch today, and it seemed like this thread was the only one that it is kind of relevant in. I have a slow connection, so sometimes weird things happen ingame, or when things are loading. Today, after I logged in, I switched to my skills tab. For about 2 seconds, all of my skills were 120/120. They quickly changed back to my actual levels before I could get a screenshot. Is this significant in any way?

It happens quite a bit, there's a picture on RsWiki somewhere of it. Nothing to worry about.

Uhm, correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason sighted longbow is better is because it adds accuracy to the cannon aswell, which is the main force when killing frosties, thus making it a better option. The bow you're shooting with isn't that important, and since people are there to make money, diamond bolts + chaotic cbow would be a foolish choice simply because it cuts down on profit alot while not gaining much more usefulness from them. :)

Can someone confirm this idea that it adds accuracy to the cannon?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

naw i usually focus at frost might try ranging with chaotic cbow.

thiers been talk that accuracy bonus does help with cannon..

chaotic maul verse no weapon test but not hitting it or something idk lol :P

wtf why am i here im supposed to be dgneering lol

StarViv.png

It happens quite a bit, there's a picture on RsWiki somewhere of it. Nothing to worry about.

Alright, thanks. I wasn't worried about it, just wondered if it was anything new that meant anything could happen in the future.

2s0cxth.png

You are right in the fact that ranged attack bonus also works for the cannon, but you also have to understand how the cannon works- each added attack bonus doesn't linearly increase the cannons accuracy, so after about 100 ranged attack ranged attack bonus gets irrelevant, quite like how prayer bonus works. Relying on the fact that void range is better to use at frost dragons then armadyl(which i've tested) even though the large(80 or so) difference in ranged attack bonus. Even though cannon does more than 50% of the damage at frost dragons, it doesn't do all the damage, thus your primary ranged attack is still extremely important. The difference of zamorak bow+zamorak arrows and chaotic crossbow+diamond bolts could be as large as 30 kills an hour, as well as alot of xp. I think you off all people should understand the value of xp, so even though one method would be a bit more profitable, it'd make sense to use the slightly more expensive method that gives more xp, since xp also equates to money, and this is particularly true for frost dragons since every dragon you kill is around 25k profit. Right now i've only been able to test 2 handed ranged weapons for their efficiency and arrived at some useful conclusions, but i've not been able to draw any conclusions for any one handed range weapons as i don't have a void deflector yet(and i believe it to be a big part of why range could be better at frost dragons).

Kingduffy and Elvis have both reached 1,7B xp and Elvis also gained a rank over Kingduffy in the last 24 hours.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

@Lucipher and Aasiwat: Couldn't agree more XD I try to train all skills that way.

You play Hello Kitty Online Adventure also?!?!?!?!? What is this? Maybe I should give it a try....................................

Oh, and in response to this.

[hide]

You are right in the fact that ranged attack bonus also works for the cannon, but you also have to understand how the cannon works- each added attack bonus doesn't linearly increase the cannons accuracy, so after about 100 ranged attack ranged attack bonus gets irrelevant, quite like how prayer bonus works. Relying on the fact that void range is better to use at frost dragons then armadyl(which i've tested) even though the large(80 or so) difference in ranged attack bonus. Even though cannon does more than 50% of the damage at frost dragons, it doesn't do all the damage, thus your primary ranged attack is still extremely important. The difference of zamorak bow+zamorak arrows and chaotic crossbow+diamond bolts could be as large as 30 kills an hour, as well as alot of xp. I think you off all people should understand the value of xp, so even though one method would be a bit more profitable, it'd make sense to use the slightly more expensive method that gives more xp, since xp also equates to money, and this is particularly true for frost dragons since every dragon you kill is around 25k profit. Right now i've only been able to test 2 handed ranged weapons for their efficiency and arrived at some useful conclusions, but i've not been able to draw any conclusions for any one handed range weapons as i don't have a void deflector yet(and i believe it to be a big part of why range could be better at frost dragons).

[/hide]

I think that Zarfot claims that cannon accuracy is not only affected by range attack bonus, but also just any attack bonus. For example, using a cannon while wielding a whip will result in more cannon accuracy then using a cannon while holding a adamant scimitar. I am not sure if this is true, I just recall having read it in Zarfot's Mega Slayer Guide. So cannoning while using a CLS+defender might also be more accurate.

Like I said, I have not confirmed it, and I don't use a cannon much, so I probably won't, but it does seem like it would be worth testing.

EDIT:

Here is the quote by zarfot

The accuracy of the cannon is affected by your range level as well as by the attack bonus of the combat style you are using. Contrary to what is often believed, your range attack bonus only matters when cannoning if you are wielding a bow or other ranged weapon. Otherwise, if you are wielding a melee weapon, it is your stab, slash, or crush attack bonus. This means that your cannon will, for example, have a slightly better accuracy when wielding a rapier than when wielding a whip.

pere_grin.png

Ah lol well don't get upset, I've only heard this stuff from friends anyway - not tested out all possibilities. Would appericiate it if you could drop me a pm as to what would be the best way to kill them using range ^_^, hopefully you'll find out soon!

P.S. I do have a void deflector but I've got no clue what it does lol, care to fill me in how it would make void the most viable option for range? XD

yIUqy.jpg

Void deflector allows you to swap from an unholy book to an armadyl chestplate while still giving the bonuses of a void set, thus giving you 25 more ranged attack bonus than you otherwise would have had with normal void. Anyway, i'm still doing the tests and looking to get a deflector as soon as possible, but the hand cannon is a really nice weapon to use there, anyway.

Update of the top 15

1. Balmung Pro (previously Skiller and Aasiwat) : 2,25B xp. Still going strong and maintaining his lead over Zarfot, Balmung Pro is very close to finishing construction for his 6th 200M skill. He's also gaining daily XP in farming and he remains a good bet for first player to 2,5B XP. Coming milestones: 100M slayer and 200M construction (6th skill).

2. Zarfot : 2,18B xp. First off, congrats on 200M fletch (6th 200M skill). This past week, Zarfot has trained both dungeoneering and a trio of mining/smithing/magic. Coming milestones : 2,2B XP.

3. Jdelacroix : 2,12Bxp. Still training Dungeon, slayer and farming lately, he seems like the kind of player that sticks to a goal. He may have somewhat slowed down, but he has his rank 3 pretty much locked for the next couple weeks. Coming milestones : 100M xp ranged and 100M farming.

4. Drumgun : 2,05B xp. Our most controversial top player has been training farming and ranged lately, on his way to become the first player to max out all combat skills. Coming milestones : 100M fletching.

5. Gertjaars : 2,02B xp. Still inactive...

6. Lan : 1,86B xp. Still training slayer (keep it up mate!), he still has Erw J close on his heels. I believe he can reach 2B before the year ends. Coming milestones: 100M def

7. Erw J : 1,85 xp. Solely training dungeoneering lately, I have a feeling Erw J is eyeing rank 1 overall seeing as no one with more XP than him is better placed at the moment. . Coming milestones : nothing in sight!

8. Elvis : 1,71B xp. Still going at a very strong pace, he passed Kingduffy and reached 1,7B xp in the last week mainly training prayer, dungeoneering and smithing. Coming milestones : , 100M WC and 100M attack .

9. Kingduffy : 1,70B xp. Lost a rank to Elvis last week, he's been training both slayer and dungeonerring. Coming milestones : nothing in sight

10. Elias : 1,68B xp. Going at a much slower pace than the last weeks, he's been training multiple skills but his WC stands out. Coming milestones : 1,7B XP.

11. telmomarques : 1,65B xp. Still one of the fastest paced player out there, he's reached 100M construction last week, his main training skill. Coming milestones : nothing in sight.

12. Paperbag : 1,64B xp. Nothing much done in the last week... for a top player that is. He's closing in on 100M farming and has been training some fishing last week. Coming milestones : 100M farming.

13. Green098 : 1,54B xp. Still training dungeon and closing in on 100M XP and obviously 120 dungeon and max total. He'll lock himself on the front page for a long while once he reach those milestones. Coming milestones : 100M dungeon.

14. S U O M I : 1,54B xp. Still training mining/smithing/magic which he is 4 weeks away to max out. He should claim rank 13 as early as tomorrow. Coming milestones : 200M mining (5th skill)

15. ox : 1,51B xp. inactive. Coming milestones : Nothing in sight.

Other notable players : Fredmcgarry 1,47B xp, Season 1,46B xp, Evil XP god 1,42B xp,

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Can someone confirm this idea that it adds accuracy to the cannon?

good questinn.

Drumgun :Our most controversial top player

I lol'd :lol:

As did I, nice one Langer XD <3

XpX, isn't the hand cannon a bit inconsistent to use? Cause of the exploding thingy lol. Also, do the range boost prayers add to the (dwarf) cannon accuracy aswell such as rigour? Currently I'm constantly using eagle eye with sighted longbow, got the points for rigour so just need to know if it does before purchasing. Also wondering if handcannon without range prayers is better than sighted longbow with range prayers, both using void but handcannon setup with deflector and arma chestpl8. Handcannon would cost more obv but not using pray pots as much would cut back the costs alot. Please let me know! :)

yIUqy.jpg

Didn't read the whole thread (obviously), but why controversial? :unsure:

read back a couple pages, there's an argument between some tip.iters and Drumgun.

langerkiller.png

both using void but handcannon setup with deflector and arma chestpl8.

Handcannon is two handed so no void deflector an arma chest setup.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

XpX, isn't the hand cannon a bit inconsistent to use? Cause of the exploding thingy lol. Also, do the range boost prayers add to the (dwarf) cannon accuracy aswell such as rigour? Currently I'm constantly using eagle eye with sighted longbow, got the points for rigour so just need to know if it does before purchasing. Also wondering if handcannon without range prayers is better than sighted longbow with range prayers, both using void but handcannon setup with deflector and arma chestpl8. Handcannon would cost more obv but not using pray pots as much would cut back the costs alot. Please let me know! :)

Rigor is definitely worth using if you have it. Hand cannon can't be used with the void deflector range, but should be used with traditional void range. The cost of hand cannon isn't as bad as some may think as the ammo is cheap(200 gp per) and it's relatively slow, and the explosions don't happen all that often at 99 firemaking. If you want to kill them cheaply and efficiently(which seems to be your goal) the best way would be to use runecbow+void deflector range, sw cape, broad bolts and rigor.

Rigor is definitely worth using if you have it. Hand cannon can't be used with the void deflector range, but should be used with traditional void range. The cost of hand cannon isn't as bad as some may think as the ammo is cheap(200 gp per) and it's relatively slow, and the explosions don't happen all that often at 99 firemaking. If you want to kill them cheaply and efficiently(which seems to be your goal) the best way would be to use runecbow+void deflector range, sw cape, broad bolts and rigor.

Hmm, the sw cape instead of ava's sounds interesting, Ima give that a try. Thanks! :thumbsup:

yIUqy.jpg

Well in all honesty if you look at the highscores today and then look back about 5 years, im pretty sure alot of people had doubt anyone would even hit the 1 billion xp mark, yet look at how many people now have that amount of xp?? Its all about how dedicated some people are to playing the game and gaining xp when there aren't many rewards for achieving it except fame, which is pretty good imo lol. But one big issue is the time and money to obtain. If I had a spare 100B coins and about 5 years of time in which I only could play RS, it might be possible but for me 200m isn't happening for any skill but for some, I really believe someone will eventually lock down the #1 overall spot with 200m xp on every skill... until a new one is released lol

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg