200M in all Skills

Makilio

I occasionally like to "stalk" the high scores form time to time, as it can be interesting. But when players seem to really concern themselves, or become overly invested in how other people play the game, is when you may become a bit too involved imo. Admittedly I did not read the entire topic, so sorry if it looks like I missed something. Aasiwat brings up a good point, too. There does seem to be a trend where, the players with the money to potentially reach the higher levels, often don't have the time, and vice versa.

Wikkar.png

Wow, we get Zarfot and Skiller on the same page. Cool stuff.

And Zarfot, about the

It isn't necessarily your business what others are doing, what they aren't doing, or what you think they're doing but really aren't.

We don't really think it's our business, altough you can't really stop people from being fascinated by your incredibly efficient methods or the race for number 1 spot, for example. For most of us, this is actually admirative speculation, and, you're right, it's like betting on an horse race. Except it's much longer, and we are actually on the track too, just unable to match the speed of the leading group.

WarBlastoise.png

Very nice post JS. This is exactly how I feel about this issue.

Bonus XP week-end watch - dog race style!

Telmomarques : 20M xp

Zarfot : 19M xp

Elias : 18M xp

Elvis : 16M xp

Skiller : 15M xp

http://runetracker.org/eventrecords-0,1

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I have a google docs spreadsheet I used that tracked my own skills and let me know how much play time I would need to reach my own goal of maxing an account. I decided to tweak this sheet to see how long it would take someone to reach the goal of 200m in every skill based on current xp values pulled from the hiscores. The part I'm having problems with is linking the input sheet to the main worksheet. I can manually enter the value but I want to give people the ability to edit the values and check out their own characters without having the ability to edit the main sheet.

So, if anyone knows how to link 2 separate google docs spreadsheets shoot me a message so I can publish this for everyone.

Here's the sheet I have currently with my character name set and 8 hours set. You won't be able to edit the name or hours but it'll at least give people an idea of what I'm looking to provide.

200M Spreadsheet

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Smithing - 2007-03-04 ::

::
:: 99 Crafting - 2007-06-18 :: 99 Fletching - 2007-08-27 ::

:: 99 Strength - 2009-05-28 ::

:: 99 Prayer - 2011-11-27 ::
:: 99 Slayer - 2012-01-15 ::

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

@ arcane

Very interesting spreadsheet. I'm not familiar much with those to help you make them "public", but it gives us a good idea how much time someone with your stats has to go until maxing out with constant training.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

I have a google docs spreadsheet I used that tracked my own skills and let me know how much play time I would need to reach my own goal of maxing an account. I decided to tweak this sheet to see how long it would take someone to reach the goal of 200m in every skill based on current xp values pulled from the hiscores. The part I'm having problems with is linking the input sheet to the main worksheet. I can manually enter the value but I want to give people the ability to edit the values and check out their own characters without having the ability to edit the main sheet.

So, if anyone knows how to link 2 separate google docs spreadsheets shoot me a message so I can publish this for everyone.

Here's the sheet I have currently with my character name set and 8 hours set. You won't be able to edit the name or hours but it'll at least give people an idea of what I'm looking to provide.

200M Spreadsheet

Add a new page to the spreadsheet and copy + paste the other one into the second page. You can then reference cells in the other page. You should be able to lock one page and not the other.

200M Spreadsheet

Add a new page to the spreadsheet and copy + paste the other one into the second page. You can then reference cells in the other page. You should be able to lock one page and not the other.

Awesome thanks.

Everyone can now edit the hours/day and name and it'll update on sheet 1.

~ Arcane Rift ~

:: 99 Summoning - 2012-12-07 :: 99 Firemaking - 2012-12-09 :: 99 Woodcutting - 2013-01-17 :: 99 Mining - 2013-01-31 ::

And Zarfot, about the

It isn't necessarily your business what others are doing, what they aren't doing, or what you think they're doing but really aren't.

We don't really think it's our business, altough you can't really stop people from being fascinated by your incredibly efficient methods or the race for number 1 spot, for example. For most of us, this is actually admirative speculation, and, you're right, it's like betting on an horse race. Except it's much longer, and we are actually on the track too, just unable to match the speed of the leading group.

This is kind of the problem. People idolize the top ranks and think that if they're not training the same way they're "doing it wrong" *memespamfestIknow*. In reality there are often multiple training methods with pros and cons to each and what works for one person may not work for another (prime example: Drumgun). I get irritated when people choose training methods not based on calculations or how easily sustainable it is but instead on who else uses the method. The username Zarfot has now become charged - in some cases, calling others noobs for using the fastest training methods, in others, bragging about using a method from an informative Youtube video. (though please, if there's any way to get your text to movie vids back, do it! I always get a kick out of those)

Many of the things that you're credited for being lucky with, Zarfot, have led to some pretty nasty attacks. I think a lot of people appreciate your videos but the RS population tends to try copying their way to success instead of evaluating different training methods themselves. There's just no way to easily explain why you switched crafting and herblore methods when there are multiple options for each anyway. And to see your merch guide criticized by your "competition" then widely asked for and hounded - even appearing on any clan forums you join - that's gotta be annoying.

2496 Completionist

Although its possible I don't think it will ever happen. It's a great goal if you really love the game, but I feel that most if not all will lost interest in this game eventually.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Hmmm I don't think you can succeed maxing in 900 playing days actually...

In some skills training from 1-99 takes about just as long as from 13M xp to 50M xp...

So from 1 to 99 alone allready in all skills will allready take quite some time, I guess about 200, and you also need to start with a empty bank that you have to merchant.

Yes RS is getting more easy and yes it won't take long before RS really will take only 900 days or something before you can max everything even tho there are more skills as 5 years earlier and stuff.

TBH I think it's quite sad that RS is getting more and more easy, but ok who am I ;).

I think the first maxing person will max his stats around 2016 and I shouldn't be surprised if it will be a person I've have never heard of today ;)!

200M Spreadsheet

I can't see how long bones can be counted as a legitimate method of training construction. Unless I'm missing something they're just the uncommon monster drops.

Edit: You may also want some arbitrary figure for how long quests and ADs will take as they're needed for some methods and do give some small exp too. Time at GE or moneymaking is also one to include, although small it would add up.

200M Spreadsheet

I can't see how long bones can be counted as a legitimate method of training construction. Unless I'm missing something they're just the uncommon monster drops.

Edit: You may also want some arbitrary figure for how long quests and ADs will take as they're needed for some methods and do give some small exp too. Time at GE or moneymaking is also one to include, although small it would add up.

Agreed on all your points. Didn't want it to get too complicated because I was just using a template I had from another worksheet I was working on for personal use. Perhaps I can get around to adding it in.

Regarding the long bones though, you can get them from Zombie Impling Jars. It would be quite expensive but you can get insane amounts of xp even doing that method.

Added a virtual level column for fun. Now it'll tell you total virtual level of players.

~ Arcane Rift ~

You can get the bones by looting tons of zombie impling jars. I'd assume the exp rate factored the looting part in.

Edit: looked over it again, guess not :/

I've never tried the method but I've heard with looting the jars it would still be about 3m xp. If someone has more accurate data I'd be happy to correct the numbers.

~ Arcane Rift ~

Here is what one player did on the Bonus xp weekend.

I just have to gloat...

sweetsweetbones.jpg

Glad I didn't listen to all the naysayers telling me curved & long bones weren't bonus-eligible.

EDIT - Final tally for Barlak's bones: 4,207,725 - made it way past lvl 93.

9 Hours, 5 mins left for thieving.

And here is the total xp he would have gotten from them without the bonus xp multiplier.

I did a lot of that - I had 419 long bones & 427 curved ones. It would have been 1,589,250 XP with no multiplier. I got all the curved ones done in the first 30 minutes.

pere_grin.png

so It's ok to threaten people as long as you're high ranked and threaten morally :thumbup:

And it's also ok to brutally crash people, ignoring/arrogant replying them when being friendly asked to hop, say more provoking things to cause a reaction and then screenie the worst part of the conversation to try and make the person you're crashing look bad by posting it around? I think not. :thumbup:

The way I see it, TIFers who have the gear for it appear to be going around crashing people and try to get a reaction out of them just so they can have a nice screenie to post on their precious forums. Pathetic. And I don't see why these posts concerning this subject haven't been removed yet, seeing as the (old) screenie is incriminating aka against TIF rules, and on this thread it isn't even relevant. So to the TIF mods: please remove it, and to the random people trolling: please get to know me better first before judging/trolling.

OT: Wow that's a surprise, I didn't think long/curved bones were gonna count aswell for the bonus exp :geek: . Anyway, on the subject of calculating how long all 200m's would take, me training skills with my own preference (not always the fastest/best ones) doesn't make me some kind of incalculated dummy. Like Aasiwat said, the reason for playing is usually to have fun and I'll add to it that we're all doing what we are capable of doing aswell. Being tied down for nearly 2k days doing tedious stuff such as fletching while training magic (seriously?) just seems impossible for a normal human being to keep up with unless they have some kind of really really strong motivation or find it fun to do (erm, ok then, lol) and have lots of time on their hands to match all of that.

I actually calc alot of things, but not 'to the number' - more like, roughly to give myself a bit of breathing space. I'd say that's one of the reasons why I'm able to train so consistently. I've calced how long all skills 200m would take me, using my own way of training them all - results of that will be posted on my thread. Can spoil already that it would take me less than 1.5k days the way things stand atm, using 18h/days (my playtime a day) instead of 24h/days. Speaking of that thread, it's been a bit hectic with the bexp weekend and all, but I've reached 85 dung yesterday so hopefully I'll be able to write it while killing frost drags. So no promises, but the intention is to create it soon.

Pretty good discussion we all got going now, hopefully the other 'top ranks' will be a bit more generous like me and post some more of their thoughts concerning the all skills 200m subject aswell *wink wink* :thumbsup:

yIUqy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/DeskDrumGun?feature=mhee My Yt chan, still under construction :)

Spreadsheet:

Fletching-not everyone can do fletch while wc'ing(if that's why you put addy bolts there).You can use broad arrows for roughly 500k xp/hr but it's quite a loss.

Crafting-due to the GE restrictions getting gems can be quite a pain in the ass(even with friends etc helping you).

Smithing/mining/magic-for the magic part you put up superheat/alch,mining-gold ores and smithing-runite bars.Think you mean superheat/alching in LRC while mining gold.

Other "corrections" are small ones.

Spreadsheet:

Fletching-not everyone can do fletch while wc'ing(if that's why you put addy bolts there).You can use broad arrows for roughly 500k xp/hr but it's quite a loss.

Crafting-due to the GE restrictions getting gems can be quite a pain in the ass(even with friends etc helping you).

Smithing/mining/magic-for the magic part you put up superheat/alch,mining-gold ores and smithing-runite bars.Think you mean superheat/alching in LRC while mining gold.

Other "corrections" are small ones.

Don't care about people that can't do it because people that want to hit this goal will figure a way out how to. It's really not that hard and it doesn't matter if you want to fletch bronze arrows, you'll still be doing it while woodcutting or fishing anyway so the amount of time doesn't matter.

Crafting is still possible with gems whether it takes a while or not.

Smithing - I assumed it was understood to get the bonus xp you would be superheating most of the way and smithing runite bars for the small remaining amount but since everyone need things in black and white I'll add that on there.

~ Arcane Rift ~

Bonus Xp watch - players from the top 15

- Telmomarques : 26M xp

- Elias : 21M xp

- Zarfot : 20M xp

- Skiller : 17M xp

- Elvis : 17M xp

http://runetracker.org/eventrecords-0,1

I'll put the final tally sometimes tomorrow as well as the new ranking.

langerkiller.png

So who is going to be the first to 120 in all skills?

That seems more of a realistic goal and possiblely more supported from Jagex. (if they raise the level caps to match dungeoneering)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol