200M in all Skills

Makilio

Because someone was saying I got a free trip to Jagex, which isn't true. Anyway I haven't been posting here for months but thought I would correct that misunderstanding.

Dw guys I let you guys to keep on admiring Jagex, won't be bothering anymore.

To see that it had been posted, you a) visited the site or b) got told about it by someone.

The latter implies you still care somewhat about your reputation, even though you haven't exactly helped yourself.

Well, this feels like a lynch mob. Use your own eyes and mind.

• Like 1

LgEZt.png

Look people will hate on the internet no matter what you do. I made a video saying [bleep] you to Jagex once in the chatbox while being muted. Just once. I used have all these thank you Jagex vids back when they banned 99% of the bots and nerfed effigies. Only to later find out they did it so people would buy more spins. Made lots of videos promoting 2007scape too and was positive about it.

I am not a bad guy, maybe I shouldn't have cared about rs as much.

But yeah @kr edited the answer to my last post so not so much spam.

No one's saying you're a bad guy. We're not into ad hominem. We're suggesting you did something incredibly stupid and uncalled for, given the circumstances, and therefore deserve no sympathy with the position Jagex took with you.

Because someone was saying I got a free trip to Jagex, which isn't true. Anyway I haven't been posting here for months but thought I would correct that misunderstanding.

Dw guys I let you guys to keep on admiring Jagex, won't be bothering anymore.

To see that it had been posted, you a) visited the site or b) got told about it by someone.

The latter implies you still care somewhat about your reputation, even though you haven't exactly helped yourself.

Well, this feels like a lynch mob. Use your own eyes and mind.

Meaning what exactly?

Robbstarkded.png

Suomi <3, respect. Dont worry about the haters, theres more people that love u than hate u. and i dont blame u for being upset with jagex, they took something u loved, and u feel like they ruined it.

Dw guys, he said it "just once".

Wait, no he didn't... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXD-0VlS-0

I mean I made a video like that just once in over 10 years lol.

And thanks kr. Most people found that video funny too before Jagex made a big deal about it and used it as an excuse to cancel the party.

EDIT: Oh boy, imagine if I never uploaded that video.

Yeah, when Kaida said get back on topic...That wasn't a joke. :)

Normally it would be split off into its own thread to carry on the discussion, but since it has quickly devolved into "you say x" "no I said y!" "oh, but y is bad" "no you're wrong!" I think it's time to just knock it the hell off.

The topic is more worn out than Kim Kardashian's maternity clothing. Posts beyond this point will be removed if they try to continue this silly bickering.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm actually curious as to what mentality the potential 200m'ers have.

Is it for some skills, do it because it needs to be done?

Or do it because even though you don't enjoy it, you enjoy the accomplishment of doing it?

Robbstarkded.png

Well, i think its alot all of those. The achievement is great, so u get through the hard part, which makes the achievement even btr. And also, alot of skills and time speant on the game is just so much fun, and the achievement just adds to the fun

Just remember to not to mention Suomi here anymore and you will do fine!

If I had to get 200M all skills without music, movies/videos and friends I couldn't have made it. RS was great since you could do so many things while playing it and still feel like you are making a progress.

• Like 2

People used to go for 200M skills because they were difficult to obtain and represented great achievements. Now skills like mining are so easy with warbands and pressing one button to drop an entire inventory, it's more like is there any reason not to go for it.

Even if you've only got half an hour a day to play RS, you can get 200M mining and dungeoneering quite easily.

• Like 3

Asmodean <3

I think what suomi is trying to say is that Runescape in general has been on the decline. And it's true. They could have made changes to make things better but these days every update just keep getting worse. I vividly remember the days when Jagex promised that they would never do microtransactions. Now, we have SOF and all sorts of decorative crap.

They promised that the game would always have a spot for free players, that they would treat free players as players. But what did they do? They removed the f2p highscores.

There are so many instances where Jagex has continued to make bad decisions, one after another. Making Rs 07 yet another bad decision. They simply split the community into 2. They could have just focus on making their game playable again. If Jagex were not so short term hungry, if they were more long term hungry, they could rebuild this game again. In fact, a lot of old players are waiting to just enjoy this game again. The day might not come.

& if you want prove that runescape is going downhill, you just need to look at the numbers as soumi pointed out. Fact is, change is inevitable. Yes. But the changes could have been a lot better.

tl;dr The game sucks now.

• Like 1

I'd never consider dropping to be difficult. Lol

Perhaps your name corresponds to your experience with skills involving dropping, but anyone who has dropped to 99+ mining knows that even with mousekeys, dropping is hard. Rapid bursts of keyboard/mouse activity to drop without time waste is difficult, and then having to consistently reclick on rock.

Let's compare:

[spoiler=EOC]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFs11YnIl4

[spoiler=Pre-EOC]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsYJn3UHNUA

The EOC one even looks less intensive despite being sped up at least 2-3x.

• Like 8

LgEZt.png

I think what suomi is trying to say is that Runescape in general has been on the decline. And it's true. They could have made changes to make things better but these days every update just keep getting worse. I vividly remember the days when Jagex promised that they would never do microtransactions. Now, we have SOF and all sorts of decorative crap.

They promised that the game would always have a spot for free players, that they would treat free players as players. But what did they do? They removed the f2p highscores.

If they promise that it won't have Micro-transactions, they get to keep the players that hate micro-transactions longer.

And besides, what would you have done in their place? Say "we won't promise you guys that we won't introduce a feature that you dislike"?

As for F2P... would you have wanted a highscores that was filled with a majority of bots? And hey, the game does have a spot for free players, its just that said spot has grown smaller.