Removal of new high level potions in PvP

The Observer

good, this update was unneeded. Skilling and pvp should remain separate.

I'll be having those poisoned weapons back, and those smithed rune items. Oh, and those godswords that have to be smithed together, I'll need those too.

And that food, too. Oh and those prayer potions...

Don't forget all that dhide armour, and those fletched bows and arrows... etcetera

Yeah, if skilling and pvp were separate there would be no pvp.

Besides, I didn't see any complaining about the fact that cannon is less likely to explode if your high FM (as a matter of fact I've shot over 800 shots and never had a cannon degrade at 99 fm)

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was extremely short-lived.

It'll be rebalanced (nerfed) and back out in pvp soon.

Shame really.

High level update year (make things easier year like agility, mining and woodcut).

Followed by release the first genuinely good update of the year, followed by the first unneeded nerf of the year.

Shame really, in my opinion the likes of the mining update was over powered yet the trolls praise it because its easy pickings for them.

But because they cba training herblores the trolls complain.

Shame how trolls get the say, riots etc and Jagex quiver behind their desks yet the regular players who actually train these skills have to suffer because of the trolls on pvp.

Jagex take pots out of pvp, but wer is wildy bak.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This now makes their update pretty much pointless in my opinion.

From a pker's point of view, I'm not surprised. These potions gives a pretty interesting bonus for combat training and slaying. Not pointless at all.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

It's +7 is that so significant.

If it's such a problem in pvp why has jagex failed to implent higher level armours first, or enchanting regular armours for hp boost so you can eat over 99.

High hitting seems to have been a problem for a while, so this isn't really a major problem.

Hopefully they'll re-update this again, with some sort of good compromise or something. (And definitely add them to minigames, I mean seriously).

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

It'll be rebalanced (nerfed) and back out in pvp soon.

They should rename them then, because they won't really be "extreme." What's one step above super strength potion?

Super Duper Strength Potion emot-allears.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So is it safe to say that when they update prayer there will be no combat stat booting prayers 90+. I dont even pvp and i think this nerf is lamesauce. Almost ALL of the people that train herb past 82 are pretty much max combat already anyway, its one of those skills you dump cash into because you have nothing else left to spend it on. Whats the point of getting +stats when you are already max and dont monster hunt anymore.

This WAS the best update they did so far this year. They just ruined it because of a bunch of poor noobs. Only a handful of people had the herb level to use these pots anyway.

If these potions were such a PVP issue why not make them tradeable that way the losers could buy them and compete.

There is no diffrence between spending 90m on an AGS or spending 90m on herb levels.

Way to look like MMO developer noobs jagax. You can smoke my pole.

Fools_Taco.png

If it's such a problem in pvp why has jagex failed to implent higher level armours first, or enchanting regular armours for hp boost so you can eat over 99.

High hitting seems to have been a problem for a while, so this isn't really a major problem.

Apparently being hit a 75 in one turn, which is difficult to survive if the pker knows what they're about, and being hit a 108 (dbow spec w/ extreme ranging, though that too is rare) is where the line is crossed. The prospect scares people.

Le sigh. I can't express my disappointment enough with this nerf.

hzvjpwS.gif

Having an AGS is an advantage in PvP which doesn't add to your combat level... The argument that something is tradeable is neither here nor there.. Firstly since players have to somehow earn the cash in the first place (therefore making 91+ rc a big advantage to PvP?) and secondly since it's how they choose to spend that cash. 95m for an AGS could quite easily have been spent buying the levels for 90+ herby.

Players who put the time and effort into levelling their skills *should* have an advantage over those too lazy to bother.

This sums up my initial reaction aswell.

The "risk and reward" reasoning doesn't work either, since we keep the 3(+1) most valuable items when dying in RS, and 1 if in a +1 BH world. A Godsword or your Dragon Claws will always be your most valuable item, and in most cases you can only lose it from really bad luck or a lack of pking skill. I also find it amazing that everyone keeps talking about the cost of Herblore, when you can slay for or thieve the herb seeds (and get cmb/slay or thieve exp for that) and farm your own herbs, in addition to killing Aberrant Spectres, Banshees, Chaos Dwarves or other wonderful herb dropping NPC's. And yes, it's even possible to get your own 2nds if you put some time into it - I recommend having good friends and voice chat for repetitive task entertainment. :grin:

Magic pot should have been 20% at most to max 40s with ice barrage. Other than that nothing was overpowered.

It's basically just fighting someone in vesta for the melee pots. But barraging 46s is pretty ridiculous.

Also I never got why they made dbow 65% spec - you get a MUCH longer chance to pray against 2 dbow specs then you do against 2 claw specs, why bother when not even 1% of the pkers can even double dbow in the first place?

Thankfully they said "for now" meaning its temporary. I definitely say that everything should be kept the same except dbow 55% spec again and the magic pot should be 20%.

This is coming from someone that hates herblore too, lol

I can't say I hate Herblore, but I do agree that the Magic potion needed to be rebalanced. And yes, they had done a great job balancing the other potions - I love the Super Duper Sets already.

Unfortunately I fear the "temporary" bit. Usually I'm not negative about updates, but I don't believe in negotiating with terrorists (aka Rants forums on RSOF). :-? I wish they had solved this differently and listened to all the people who loved this update. It's not just "high levels" - how I hate that expression - that want to keep the original update, but also users who finally had an incentive to train Herblore.

good, this update was unneeded. Skilling and pvp should remain separate.

I'll be having those poisoned weapons back, and those smithed rune items. Oh, and those godswords that have to be smithed together, I'll need those too.

And that food, too. Oh and those prayer potions...

Yeah... I think someone forgot that the milk doesn't come from the supermarket, but the cow.

The combat triangle and the combat levels would not hurt from being balanced. As several already have mentioned, the reasons people can make combat pures that actually work, is that the combat levels don't display the character's real strength. Also, defence means cabbage. My opinion is that well rounded characters should be more rewarded - pure accounts already have the advantage of focusing only on few skills, leaving them more time to acheive the goals they need for whatever their purpose is (nothing wrong with pures, just saying).

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Apparently being hit a 75 in one turn, which is difficult to survive if the pker knows what they're about, and being hit a 108 (dbow spec w/ extreme ranging, though that too is rare) is where the line is crossed. The prospect scares people.

Le sigh. I can't express my disappointment enough with this nerf.

Yeah I see where you're coming from, but in real life in a battle, if you got hit in the head, it only takes one hit to kill somebody with a blow to the head.

The darkbow got nerfed with that update, although still do get hit pretty hard, but vengeance and getting a spec ready can't be that hard surely?

I always wanted a berserker potion that boosts your strength and attack but lowered your defence.

IMO Overlord should be all the offense attributes, but go down to like 50 defence in return.

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.

If it doesn't gives you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

Why's it difficult to understand? Money aid to combat, it should have a combat levle.

If it doesn't give you a combat level then it shouldn't be on PVP, period.

Since you can't give away amounts over 3k barring quests, and you can't "buy" money, no player should be allowed to wield or use anything worth over 3k.

Why it's difficult to understand? Herblore aid to combat, it should have a combat level.

Why's it difficult to understand? Money aid to combat, it should have a combat levle.

Since you can't give away amounts over 3k barring quests, and you can't "buy" money, no player should be allowed to wield or use anything worth over 3k.

orly.jpg

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

At least we can still use them in the privacy of our own homes to tear our friends apart... :rolleyes: :roll:

Taken out of all safe minigames too? Seriously? Where it hardly matters if you die?

It probably does, but does this also include the Prayer variant?

Same sentiments as most of the people here...

2dgucz6.png

Jagex to bend over for the slightest hint of PK dissatisfaction?

It's more likely than you think!

It's becoming more and more apparent that PvP'ers are the true players in Jagex' eyes, all else are petty fodder. I have endured with basically half the updates these past two years being reserved for PvPers and now they still get their way. All the time.

Damnit Jagex, just keep the pants down, it's not like you'll be needing them anymore.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Once again, the lazy players win.

My thoughts exactly.

Let's be reasonable here, the ONLY reason for an extra 6 str levels or 2 extra damage is for pvp, be it minigames or worlds. I'm not going to go get 380924 herblore for an extra 2 damage so I can hit 2 more damage on a portal in pest control, whose games are over quickly anyway. I'm not going to get a spec potion so I can use an extra dds spec on a monster who will die momentarily regardless if I spec or not.

I CAN understand why they would take them out of pvp worlds, where items are risked.

I CANNOT understand why they would take them out of all of the safe pvp minigames.

Minigames, in my opinion, are for fun. If I have the skill to get a firecape, by god, I'm going to wear it. If I have the patience to get rank 300 in Mobilising Armies for a berserker ring (i), by god, I'm going to wear it. It should be no different with having the cash to level herblore. If I have the cash or patience to buy/gather supplies for it, then by god, I want to be able to use what I've earned.

As I've always thought, if you have it, use it. If it's a free for all minigame like fight pits, where "free for all" means "anything goes", you should be able to use potions that give you an advantage. It's exactly the same as using ancients or vengeance. You payed for the level, for an untradeable advantage, you should be able to use it anywhere. It's the same with these potions. You payed for amazing untradeable potions which give you that extra edge in combat, but for some reason you can't use them.

They might as well take out the following things from pvp, since they are untradeable and do not give combat levels, but give an advantage in pvp.

• Agility
  • Firecape
  • Imbued rings
  • Non-combat skillcapes

All of these give a direct advantage to how well you can survive and get kills in pvp worlds or minigames. They are also untradeable, and all hypothetically attainable at level 3. The bonuses are small, usually only a few points, but then so is hitting 2 more damage or being slightly more accurate.

Again, I can kind of understand why they took it out of pvp worlds, where you risk pretty much everything on how you hit/are hit, but taking it out of minigames meant for fun where you instantly respawn is ridiculous.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

7 strength/attack/defence levels and possibly 45s with ice barrage> One additional max hit from imbued rings. You can't even compare the two.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

7 strength/attack/defence levels and possibly 45s with ice barrage> One additional max hit from imbued rings. You can't even compare the two.

I sure can. Granted it's not on the same level in comparison, but it's the same principle.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Funny I was saying to a friend that the whinging players were probably going to get there way, a day later here we are. I think the advantage was justified, the cost of getting the levels and the potions not being tradable IMO balanced it out.

This. If someone with a whip, a AGS for k0 and Rocktails for eating fights someone of the same level that has D Scim, DDS and Monkfish, the rich one will obviously have an advantage. By that logic, why won't money give cbt lvls? We should rant about that in the RSOF next >.>

Damn, every single time Jagex makes a good update right after it they make something that gets me mad. Since WGS not a single update came whitout something bad with it >.>

I am a pker myself and i hate how Jagex only listen to the pkers.

It's becoming more and more apparent that PvP'ers are the true players in Jagex' eyes, all else are petty fodder. I have endured with basically half the updates these past two years being reserved for PvPers and now they still get their way. All the time.

Damnit Jagex, just keep the pants down, it's not like you'll be needing them anymore.

Agreed. PvPers are a very small minority in the entire population, but (for some reason) Jagex seems to be going out of their way to please them. It annoys me to no end.

Agreed. PvPers are a very small minority in the entire population, but (for some reason) Jagex seems to be going out of their way to please them. It annoys me to no end.

Welcome to TrollScape

One of more of your recent updates have been nerfed!

You think they'd be happy that they have an opportunity to hit higher, more accurate, and use special attack quicker, but instead they complain because it's "to hard". Yet they'll go camp at bandits for 99 str to get that extra hit or 2 as opposed to 90, and they'll go sit at gwd for months to save up for an ags and tassets. But they can't get the money for 80-90 herblore or whatever the level is to make as many extreme potions as they want forever?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun