Botting - The end of an era?

Latin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the site was shut down, wouldn't people who downloaded it still be able to use and share it?

Somewhat, to update the bot you have to have some knowledge. The owner can update the codes (hosted on google) but then the bot users have to know how to update their bot (SVN). Many of the current bot users are -13 and just re-downloaded the bot from the site every time it was fixed.

So RSbot is technically still alive, their forums just have been taken down.

I really wish botting is demolished for good.

Looking on the bright side, at least the most major botting site was "shut down" (the forums at least).

And why bot? It just makes you look noob.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Botting and people selling money are still alive and well M Y Apple(lvl 98) is goldfarmer you can find out in the wild giving money via the white berry method i have reported it a few times but as of yet nothing has happened. Worse is the fact that its not using a pure bot program there is some guy that watches over the operation and sometimes in broken english tries to tell me to leave him and his bots alone. I can see his operation some where in China with like 10 -15 computers hooked up each gold farming on different worlds some gold farming on different games and this 40 year old Chinese guy smoking and watching all the screens incase a random pops up for a mod comes to check up on the reports.

The site just switched to a new domain. People were talking about it in a CC I was in this morning.

In my opinion, I think Jagex should deal with botters a lot more harshly than they do right now.

-I know people who bot and don't think it's a big deal, mostly because they are young, careless and selfish... Not to mention their power freak issues.

Yeppers.png

Art in my avatar was drawn for me by the love of my life. <3

lol this topic made me laugh. To the actual underground world of botting rsbot was a huge joke.... it would be like comparing the rsof to tip.it forums. The scripts that came out of rsbot were known to be detectable, they were free ffs. There are still many programmers out there making and constantly updating private, truly undetectable bots. The only way to combat bots is to report them.

There is also a current legal battle going on over one of the more popular private botting sites, however, that case is located in the U.S. so, i'd have to say gl to jagex for this one. I dont think they'll win this case, but hey maybe they'll get lucky.

pandapk2.jpg

The whole problem of botting won't be solved by "shutting down" sites. There will always be new bots and scripts. Only thing jagex can do is to make their detection system better and I'd say that's rather impossible job for browser based java game. :/ But hey, atleast the bots are supplying low level raw materials to the market. :thumbup:

Sephy.png

rsbot's owners also own loads (well atleast 3) more rs botting sites all of which are still active (tho most are not free), i doubt it will be long before its re-branded and online again soon. :ohnoes: Botting will never stop no matter what they do, all jagex can do is make it difficult.

(Googled his name shown in court case file to get that info)

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I would rather have higher prices on stuff and not have bots in the game than have cheap prices on stuff coming from bots. Bots are really annoying.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I would rather have higher prices on stuff and not have bots in the game than have cheap prices on stuff coming from bots. Bots are really annoying.

I'd assume there are dif. types of bots in other words not only gathering bots.

I have no problems with the people writing and using bots ... "oh noes someone has a brain" .. tho I have problems with the idiots using something someone else made.

I always hated bots

it was always a form of manipulation of somesort

but anyway if anyones interested in the case here is a copy

http://file.upinthisbit.ch/d177655e_CJ1010216I.pdf

That's a different case. :-)

...On information and belief, Defendants are responsible for the development and sale of “Nexus” and “iBot,”...

Defendants advertise and sell the Bots on various web sites, including www.rscheata.net and www.impsoft.net, copies of which are attached as Exhibits E and F, respectively.

x52i3b.jpg

Eh, I haven't seen a bot in nearly 2 years now. I think the game has more important issues now, groups of bots simply can't function efficiently.

You've seen them, you just didn't realize they were bots.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

amazing how like every thread on here is starting to get alot more trolling then i use to see on here... Dont really like what its doing to the forums.

Learn what trolling is.

OT:

Isn't RSBot still online? I'm now on the site and the forums also work. And even if RSbot was shut down other sites will show up eventually and take the place of the most popular bot site. I doubt botting will take much of a blow.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Eh, I haven't seen a bot in nearly 2 years now. I think the game has more important issues now, groups of bots simply can't function efficiently.

You've seen them, you just didn't realize they were bots.

go to a soul wars world and play and stand in a game for 30 seconds, go to the middle obelisk. like 80% of the people there are all bots.

pandapk2.jpg

I don't know if you guys realize this, but I'm willing to bet that Jagex has tried to download nearly every bot that is available on the internet, including the pricey ones. That's probably why they feel so confident in their macro-detection systems. Remeber, if it's available to you, it's available to Jagex too.

I don't know if you guys realize this, but I'm willing to bet that Jagex has tried to download nearly every bot that is available on the internet, including the pricey ones. That's probably why they feel so confident in their macro-detection systems. Remeber, if it's available to you, it's available to Jagex too.

Not all bots are publicly available.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!