13-May-2010 Fairy Tale Part 3 & DirectX Support and Graphics Options

Toad

Fixed a problem where you'd remove the adjacent item from your bank by mistake.

OH. MY.GOD!

This is the happiest day of my life.

Ahhhh.... at last. That was sooooo irritating.

If I needed to remove a bunch of items in a row from my bank, I'd just click the first one in the row multiple times.

DAMN IT

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long did it took?

From release of it up till now, probably ~1 hour?

Piesofdoom, any news on what you get from martin the gardener?

I'll put it in spoiler :-

[spoiler=Martin Reward]Option to have all allotment patches weeded. :unsure:

It also looks like we have another monster-area to fight after the end of this. :)

[spoiler=Martin Reward comment]It would be worth doing the quest just for this if it means that tiresome weeds don't pop up between harvesting and replanting.

devorguilla.png

@LCooL: Never empties. :D

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Any information about the watering can ? (in other words what does it do)

It's never empty.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

[spoiler=LambShankz Post]

You can go back to where the rift was and fight orks after finishing the quest, ill kill them for awhile see if they drop anything good.

I put that in spoiler tags :P, not sure if there's people who are very sensitive to any information about the quest - although I did have a bit more info' regarding the end.

Anyways, they tend to drop noted items, Pure Essence, Silver Ore, Chocolate Bars so far and seem to drop 3 charms at a time.

Is there a way to make the campfire without 85 firemaking ?

Which campfire? I don't recall ever having to do anything with a campfire...

Searching the mushroom patch in the tunnels where 'general shredflesh' is will net you 250k in herbs and seeds. :thumbsup:

Maybe it even regenerates?

Ty just went and did this after the quest

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Is there a way to make the campfire without 85 firemaking ?

Which campfire? I don't recall ever having to do anything with a campfire...

The one next K'Chunk ... since he talked about it .. few times and there is an option to light the campfire (85 fm + 8 willow logs) I thought that I have to light it for him.

Any information about the watering can ? (in other words what does it do)

[spoiler=Reward info (explained)]Very usefull - it's a watering can which never runs out. Should save alot of hastle. Along with no more raking weeds, farming got alot less frustrating (in my opinion)

Asside from that, great quest, although somewhat short. Final fight was pretty fun, but everything seemed so weak, I was hit for a total of like 250LP during that fight (which went for like... 15mins, since I'm not good at healing lol). Mage prayer was definetly the way to go though, for anyone whos in trouble. (I won't say anymore (;)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

If you bring some teeth to the tooth fairy after the quest you'll get a tooth-pet, and you can sell suqah teeth to her for 2k ea.

Didn't like the quest as much as I'd hoped I would, but it was kinda fun and very straight forward.

If you bring some teeth to the tooth fairy after the quest you'll get a tooth-pet, and you can sell suqah teeth to her for 2k ea.

Didn't like the quest as much as I'd hoped I would, but it was kinda fun and very straight forward.

What kind of teeth can you bring for the pet?

The new orcs drop 3 charm at a time, mostly gold unfortunately.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Favorite parts of update:

The Barrows has been adjusted so that when stood next to a puzzle door, you will no longer be interrupted by nearby NPCs attacking you.

* Fixed a problem where you'd remove the adjacent item from your bank by mistake.

The whole DirectX thing

* Forcing a tile to flip over in a Dungeoneering puzzle room will no longer result in a warning each time.

* In Daemonheim, using a vial on a water source will now fill all empty vials. Also, when smelting ores, it will attempt to smelt all of a particular ore in your inventory rather than just one.

* The quick (right-click) option on the Runecrafting altars in Daemonheim are actually quicker now.

* The lobby will now notify you if you receive a message in a tab you don't currently have open.

* Players should now be able to keep moving while drinking Sanfew serums, which is now consistent with other potions.

And of course the no staff fairy ring thing or w/e (that's mentioned in the newspost so I shouldn't have to censor that)

The note on Sanfew Serums was the MOST ANNOYING thing EVER when I was hybriding with them. The only thing they still need to fix is summoning potions, and the potions in Daemonheim too.

My friend might actually do more barrows now, they have really bad click lag from satellite internet so it made it almost impossible to open a door and I know they like to do Barrows.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

* Fixed a problem where you'd remove the adjacent item from your bank by mistake.

I'm really annoyed. Instead of just clicking one item 10 times quickly and withdrawing the 9 items behind it too you have to individually click each item now.

Rest of the update is pretty good though.

2dvjurb.png

3 gold charms

3 green charms

3 crimson charms

10 pure essence

1 noted uncut diamond

1 Rune longsword

12 noted chocolate bars

1 Magic essence (1)

Cosmic runes (6)

Cosmic talisman

Death runes (4)

3 strawberry seeds

1 noted uncut sapphire

1 Adamatite ore

1 DRAGON DAGGER

1 Snapdragon seed

1 Earth talisman

1 uncut emerald

2k coins

3 watermelon seeds

3 sweetcorn seeds

2 noted molten glass

6 mud runes

1 snapdragon seed

1 irit seed

1 ranarr seed

5 noted silver ore

From what I've had so far

Edit:

[Hide]Hidden reward that was said above about the herbs in the cavern, requires 85 herblore to gather[/hide]

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

What kind of teeth can you bring for the pet?

You have to take like 5 different kinds to get the pet.

a suqah tooth, old tooth, children's tooth, monkey dentures and kebbit tooth

Apparently you can get old tooth from the digsite, no idea on children's tooth however.

Extra rewards:

You get 10k fm xp for lighting the fire for the lonely ork (85 fm, 8 willow logs and a tinderbox)

You need 85 herblore to find the herbs and seeds from the dungeon.

You can mine a pile of rocks in the dungeon to clear a "shortcut" that takes you to the ogre place south of castle wars. Don't know about a requirement.

Searching the mushroom patch in the tunnels where 'general shredflesh' is will net you 250k in herbs and seeds. :thumbsup:

Maybe it even regenerates?

Ty just went and did this after the quest

You need 85 herblore to access the herbs. Good quest though :)

screenshot041aoj0.jpg

Anyone know where to find Human child's tooth?

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]