15 June 2010 - Ancient effigies

Andy

well i just sold my d scim for 140k yesterday, i guess that's a win?. these effigies seem very mysterious

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i checked out the zybez thread on dragonkin lamps.

17.7k xp @ lvl 71 rc

40k xp @ lvl 93 slayer

+ we have xpx's data from earlier on.

So it looks like higher levels get ALOT more xp than lower levels, it's still a lesser %age of the total xp to the next level, as your levels increase.

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1396742-ancient-effigies/page__st__60

Naaxi.png

Nothing too thrilling for me today. Was hoping this week would be elite diaries.

The fact that they put the sword seller in Varrock is an absolute joke. It violates everything that Monkey Madness built up. Not to mentioned it just ruined the incentive to charge for the time it takes to get it, which is completely understandable and completely fair.

Gah.

hzvjpwS.gif

Nothing too thrilling for me today. Was hoping this week would be elite diaries.

The fact that they put the sword seller in Varrock is an absolute joke. It violates everything that Monkey Madness built up. Not to mentioned it just ruined the incentive to charge for the time it takes to get it, which is completely understandable and completely fair.

Gah.

you still need to beat MM to get the right to wield the scimitar right?

i don't think it makes much of a difference.

I'm all for jagex removing money makers that are basically menial labor.

Naaxi.png

I expect that the monkey isn't supposed to be there/sell to you if you haven't beat MM.

Odds are it is for pkers to easily re-get d scims at store price.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The fact that they put the sword seller in Varrock is an absolute joke.

Why would a monkey travel all the way to Varrock just to sell dragon scimitars to pkers. Just seems weird.

(btw: renting a shop + storage facilities and the shipment of thousands dragon scimitars has no extra cost? :razz: )

If ancient effigies are that common, wouldn't this ruin the normal training methods? :unsure:

Only time will tell how common these are...

Edit: according to Wiki a dragon scimitar in Varrock costs 109k, it all makes sense now! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what do you get back when doing assistance for the effigy?

They get the XP, you then get the next effigy however you will still get the dragonkin lamp at the end that you can use.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Interesting, too bad there's not a guarantee for sharing skills in transfer of cash. Fairly sure there are guys who would share their skills and pay for it if the other guy is using a ancient effigy. Aside from trust trade, Jagex could allow these to be "loaned" where the other player can feed it once where by it returns back to the original owner.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Wouldn't that just turn them into more buyable experience?

It already is that way since players can use skill assist on these items. However, the only compensation if something is agreed upon would be via trust trades. Jagex is providing a valuable commodity here (well, assuming 30k in Herblore or Construction is that valuable) so there's likely to be some market for it. If so, Jagex should provide a reasonably safe way for that market. Ergo, use the existing loan system with a little twist. That allows a monetary exchange at same time as loaning the effigy. Oh, and add a way to see what experience is being asked for (don't need another Unid Herblore fiasco).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I can confirm that Kree'arra drops effigies, just got the rc/summ one... too bad I'm nowhere close with either.

Is summoning assistable? I know rc is but hat's irrelevant to me.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

f2p cant buy dschims <.< just ran over there myself.

Am i the only one who thinks these are kind of lame rewards?

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Am I the only one who disappointed that, again, Jagex has blown another opportunity to expand on the lore/canon of their game?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Around 100k+ xp for like 30 seconds "work" if you have the required skills?

Yeah totally lame. Dam Jagex giving us generous xp amounts! God clearly 100k+ xp in 30 seconds is only suitable for level 3s

[/sarcasm]

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I get a bad feeling about the final message when using the lamp.

What if by giving knowledge to these effigies, we are giving knowledge to the dragonkin.

It would explain the "You gain exp in ...., but at what cost?" after using the lamp.

Nope, I hoped for some new high level items instead of dragonkin lamps. Well at least the exp is good.

Also you should remember that you can only get 30-50k exp daily from assisting other people.

I get a bad feeling about the final message when using the lamp.

What if by giving knowledge to these effigies, we are giving knowledge to the dragonkin.

It would explain the "You gain exp in ...., but at what cost?" after using the lamp.

Well, that's interesting. Maybe if you use more lamps something will happen.