Dragon Kite anyone?

Rosanante1

This topic is to discuss the possible, eventual relese of the Dragon Kiteshield.

We've had the Dragon Square Shield for how long? I've got a shield half in my inv' but cba to pay the 700k or whatever to make the thing complete. It dosn't seem worth it to me.

Anyway OT. Has the time passed to release the much fabled Dragon Kite? When the Dragon Plate came out I remember lots of people thought that it was too long a gap between dragon armour releases and baiscally interest had wained. Personally I'd like to see a D Kite, naturally with decent defence stats (better or worse than DFS?) and preferably with a Dragonkin story line and mega quest to complete before successful ownership.

Would you want one? At what cost? and what do you think will be the neccessary adventure to enable you to yield one?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

It'll probably join the ranks of other Dragon equipment, AKA, useless. With Barrows and Bandos, most of the newer stuff is pointless, just decorative crap. Hence why I don't care for Dragon releases, except when I get them as a quest reward and I can sell them of for the poor suckers who actually want to pay tens of millions of gp for it in all the new item hype. Plus, it'll probably be de-ranked further by the fact that the Rune Defender is too epic for words.

I can see one Dragon item that will be useful, though. From writing that piece about the Defender. I'll hold out for the Dragon Defender. A Dragon item with a point. :thumbup:

And Dragon Claws. But I'm not paying 30M+ for a special weapon. >_>

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

If it can ever come down to a reasonable price, It may be useful if it has good enough stats. Still, spirit shields, obby and blessed spirit shields are good cheap alternatives.

C1Geq.png

Only reason why I'd buy one is if it had a set effect with all the other dragon armours.

I really don't think anyone particularly cares about the prospect of a dragon kite and as such, it should be a low priority for Jagex.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

They should release it, in the patch notes or something.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

If it follows the path of the other dragon armour items, it's going to be pretty useless. As others have said, there are defensive shields that will be cheaper than the dragon kite that would be considered equal, if not better, such as the Blessed Spirit Shield. It'll be more decorative than functional for it's price.

On the other hand, they could add some other feature for it, like adding a Draconic Visage or something.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It'll be released eventually. And just like almost any other recent Dragon item, it'll be too late. Far better armour shields have been released already: I'm sure Dragonfire Shield will outclass it; The Falador Shield will have a better prayer bonus and certain Spirit Shield most likely won't be outclassed for a long time.

But it will finish the last part of the 'improved' Dragon Equipment, and I've heared that a full dragon set will give an effect like Barrows does. So all you can do is hope the effect will actually be worth obtaining the shield, or any other Dragon pieces.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

IMHO they should add a dragon armor set effect..

Lesser armor set, including legs, chain, med helm, and square, 10% chance to negate 50% of damage

Greater armor set, including skirt, plate, full helm, and kite, 30% chance to negate 15% of damage

10% and 30% are boosted to 30% and 60% if you are using a 1 handed dragon weapon

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't think they will be coming out with a dragon kite.

The dragonfire shield took its place I think.

Look for the dragon warhammer or dragon crossbow next.

I believe they are confirmed to be released.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think Jagex made an error in how they released the Dragon Body and Full Helm. The Dragon Body should have required a Dragon Chain as part of the ingredients to smith it. Likewise the Full Helm should have required the Med. Helm as part of the creation process. It would have at least kept or added value to those drops. Ergo, making a square shield be required to make a kite shield would again create value.

Moot point, since others point out that there are better weapons and armor out there than the Dragon Kite could give. Dragon items, like Obsidian are level 60 weapons and armor. We now have level 65 (Ancients), 70 (Barrows, Crystal, Abyssal, Black d'hide) and 75 (Godswords, Divine). Jagex should just release the full complement of Dragon items and be done with it.

I do wonder, since we have 65, 70 and 75 level weapons will it continue advancing that way? Personally I think we'll get 80, 85 and 90. After 90 you get 93, 96 then 99 level weapons and armor unless Jagex moves the skill cap up to 120.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

It'll all end in tears I know it...

Oh sorry, I mean, why? Everyone knows actual armor is just junk. A few things have a use, Axe, Pick, the eventual D-C'Bow. It'll never end up being used though.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I think Jagex made an error in how they released the Dragon Body and Full Helm. The Dragon Body should have required a Dragon Chain as part of the ingredients to smith it. Likewise the Full Helm should have required the Med. Helm as part of the creation process. It would have at least kept or added value to those drops. Ergo, making a square shield be required to make a kite shield would again create value.

Moot point, since others point out that there are better weapons and armor out there than the Dragon Kite could give. Dragon items, like Obsidian are level 60 weapons and armor. We now have level 65 (Ancients), 70 (Barrows, Crystal, Abyssal, Black d'hide) and 75 (Godswords, Divine). Jagex should just release the full complement of Dragon items and be done with it.

I do wonder, since we have 65, 70 and 75 level weapons will it continue advancing that way? Personally I think we'll get 80, 85 and 90. After 90 you get 93, 96 then 99 level weapons and armor unless Jagex moves the skill cap up to 120.

Chains have actually been at a fairly high price considering how long they've been out and how many other plates are better.

But the d med makes me Lol when ever KBD drops one. I reward the drop with a free 60k High Alch.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

It'll be released eventually. And just like almost any other recent Dragon item, it'll be too late. Far better armour shields have been released already

I am pretty sure that dragon kite will have plenty of room when it will be released.

Dragon plate is fairly comparative to bandos and 3rd age. It is superior in some fields like its stab and slash defence but weaker in others. Same goes

for the helm. It can be fairly compared to neitiznot since it has better defence bonuses and 3rd age since its relatively cheaper but slightly weaker stats.

kite can be compared to dfs and spirit shields where some of the bonuses will be better and some won't.

the only 2 dragon items that could have a use would be dragon cbow and dragon defender, which i eagerly await the defender

I believe the cbow and warhammer is confirmed to be released although defender has yet to be on the pending list.

I'm 100% sure they'll release an armor effect when the full armor is done. I know JaGeX sucks most of the time but the chances of them releasing the Dragon Kite and saying, "Now the armor set is complete" is very low. It's very likely they will give some sort of effect with dragon weapons or against dragons or something. They gave an effect to Penance armor, even though it sucks ass still.

Eventually we will get one. However I am hoping for a dragon cross bow more then a dragon kite to be honest. Just my opinion.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

They should release it, in the patch notes or something.

lold so hard.

This. And it definitely wont have better stats than a DFS. I could care less about a dragon kiteshield.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

There's just something nostalgic about Dragon equipment that makes me want to have it! I look forward to the kiteshield but sadly Jagex have made the armour pretty much useless now, but hey, it'll be nice to see it complete and a set bonus would be lovely.

I still think to this day, alongside some of my friends that when they released the Draconic Visage it should have been made to attach with the Dragon Square shield, and then release other items to attach to the other 'lesser' componenets of dragon armour (med, chain, legs/skirt), offering marginal strength bonuses and increased defence (amongst other effects like dragon fire protection) whilst raising the defence level requirement upto 75 or 80. It would have been a way of making dragon armour more unique, in comparison to the standard metals and also give it back some sort of value.

I was always under the impression that the DFS was pretty much their version of the Dragon Kite.....because they were too stubborn to go back on their word that they'd never actually put one in the game.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I believe they'll eventually release a dragon kite, but I agree that it'll be far too late. Jagex has this silly idea that dragon equipment has a mystique about it that all other armour lacks, so it deserves to be released extremely gradually. This may have been true when dragon armour was actually the best stuff out there, but that hasn't been the case for ages, so Jagex should have just hurried up and gotten the rest of the set out of the door by now.

Well... I guess that a dragon kite will still have some prestige about it when it's finally released. If it looks cool, it'll still be an attractive and valuable "costume" item. Personally, though, I can't stand how the dragon platebody and full helm look. Those items embody Jagex's illusion that dragon armour is still awesome - they made them bulky and spiky in an attempt to make them look powerful, but the result is that they just look ridiculous when worn with the relatively simple dragon items released earlier. If Jagex takes the opposite approach with the dragon kite, and makes it tasteful and elegant, then I'll be happy to see it. An elegant dragon kite would look great with dragon legs and a dragon chain. (The chainbody is still part of "full dragon" in my mind. :smile:)

kindness.png

I don't really care if we need it. I just want them to finish the set already...

And what happened to buying Dragon items at stores or as drops from non-boss monsters? They don't need a huge outing for every one they release.

Seriously, just allow the

Dragon Kiteshield to be made from the old pieces plus some new drop,

release the Sword (short) in the Zanaris shop,

put the Warhammer in the Frem helmet shop,

release the Crossbow, Throwing Axes, Knives, Javelins, Bolts in the Ranging Guild or have Metal Dragons drop them,

have Mithril Dragons drop the tip for the Hasta...

Didn't take me long to make up that list.

2dgucz6.png

I don't think they will be coming out with a dragon kite.

The dragonfire shield took its place I think.

Look for the dragon warhammer or dragon crossbow next.

I believe they are confirmed to be released.

If it sucks as hard as the chaotic crossbow be looking out on the news for the guy who bombed Jamflex HQ.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I was always under the impression that the DFS was pretty much their version of the Dragon Kite.....because they were too stubborn to go back on their word that they'd never actually put one in the game.

This is what they said about the dragon plate.

Course, it still won't stop it from being mostly useless.

Dragon armor does look nice though.

8f14270694.jpg

I think it would be considered a bit more useful than the plate/full helm/etc.

The majority of the player community regards dragon as useless due to the equipment such as bandos and barrows. However, neither barrows nor bandos has a shield.

I could easily foresee a dragon kite being considered a cheaper alternative to the DFS, depending on how difficult it is to obtain and its actual stats.