19-Jul-2010 - Dungeoneering Update

Toad

Jagex always seems to take a good concept, and ruins it with absolutely [cabbage]ty rewards.

Here comes Mr. Jagex sucks <_< This update makes me want to level my dungeoneering level a bit. ...

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex always seems to take a good concept, and ruins it with absolutely [cabbage]ty rewards.

No, making us pay tokens to open the resource dungeons would have made your statement valid.

Here comes Mr. Jagex sucks <_< This update makes me want to level my dungeoneering level a bit. ...

Negative players that live to be negative will always be...yes, negative. I wasn't expecting an absolutely mindblowingly good update, I was expecting an update that gave Dungeoneering a good use outside of Daemonheim, and it delievered. As nobody else has mentioned it here yet, the new dungeon that is in the al-kharid mine has VERY frequent imp spawns that I believe range all the way up to kingly (TBC). I was there for about 20 mins and saw 5 Zombie imps, 3 Dragon imps and 2 Ninja imps spawn.

Sylpheed.png

Little over 9000 exp for prestige 35 on level 18 solo medium. Not bad. Pretty useful that gatestones only take cosmics now as well. Not so sure about the hotspots lol. From what they said, that was supposed to SAVE us time. But we need like 5 bars and 5 logs for the altar and the farming patch, not sure if that would save time even if its cheaper materials. Might as well just go FIND a patch eh? They're not rare.

Though I could see it being a bit useful on large 5 man. Not so much for solo.

Would I like it? No. I don't think removing it would be that big of a deal. Are you saying that removing the flaws of the skill would ruin it? Members already get much higher exp rates. I don't think that giving f2p a chance to get all that it can is that big of a deal. Maybe my solution of simply removing them isn't the right way, but the way it is now isn't the right way either.

And who's raging exactly? I think you've spent too much time around 12 year olds to recognize constructive criticism and open discussion. :thumbup:

Well you were raging earlier. Members should get higher XP rates, I don't know why this skill should be any different than the others. I think anyone playing RS spends too much time around 12 years old TBH and up until that post, nothing you wrote could have been seen has constructive criticism.

You know as well as I do that removing impossible doors would mean faster floors and in the end faster XP. The only way to balance a solution like that would be to reduce the Xp rewards. Just a patch that would change nothing to how fast or slow the skill is trained in F2P.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Negative players that live to be negative will always be...yes, negative. I wasn't expecting an absolutely mindblowingly good update, I was expecting an update that gave Dungeoneering a good use outside of Daemonheim, and it delievered. As nobody else has mentioned it here yet, the new dungeon that is in the al-kharid mine has VERY frequent imp spawns that I believe range all the way up to kingly (TBC). I was there for about 20 mins and saw 5 Zombie imps, 3 Dragon imps and 2 Ninja imps spawn.

The knowledge base mentions impling on karamja with the lesser demons, but I've only seen regular imps... found an empty world or a mistake on the KB?

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

All things considered, this was a good update.

1: Dungeoneering is now profitable. You can easily make 1.5m per hour or so on frost dragons.

2. This actually was a bit of an anti-inflation update. The sheer mass of resources that will be entering the game will help balance out the mass of gold.

3. Dungeoneering photobooth. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. :D

I've done 2 medium solo dungeons so far and both time I've gotten a level 169 Lexicus, this seems obnoxiously hard. It's taking me 2-3 deaths each time and I'm coming in with good gear, venges, full food and 96 ranged. Is anyone else soloing getting high level bosses?

clansig7.gif

Would I like it? No. I don't think removing it would be that big of a deal. Are you saying that removing the flaws of the skill would ruin it? Members already get much higher exp rates. I don't think that giving f2p a chance to get all that it can is that big of a deal. Maybe my solution of simply removing them isn't the right way, but the way it is now isn't the right way either.

And who's raging exactly? I think you've spent too much time around 12 year olds to recognize constructive criticism and open discussion. :thumbup:

Well you were raging earlier. Members should get higher XP rates, I don't know why this skill should be any different than the others. I think anyone playing RS spends too much time around 12 years old TBH and up until that post, nothing you wrote could have been seen has constructive criticism.

You know as well as I do that removing impossible doors would mean faster floors and in the end faster XP. The only way to balance a solution like that would be to reduce the Xp rewards. Just a patch that would change nothing to how fast or slow the skill is trained in F2P.

I wasn't raging. And I'll take a reducement to exp if they'll change the doors. There is a way to do it. Simply doing nothing is the laziest option.

Yeah, I was pretty interested in the imp spawns. There seems to be 2-3 people there on every world, but it's still nice.

When I hopped in for the exp bonus I saw a pirate/eclectic, and someone was just talking about having caught a dragon imp.

Edit:

I've done 2 medium solo dungeons so far and both time I've gotten a level 169 Lexicus, this seems obnoxiously hard. It's taking me 2-3 deaths each time and I'm coming in with good gear, venges, full food and 96 ranged. Is anyone else soloing getting high level bosses?

I've semi-frequently found L169 runewrights soloing. Maybe just some bad luck?

im fine with it, bosses were too easy to begin with and on meds they should be harder since you have more time to prepare, gather food, and make gear if you choose

a_final_name.png

YAY f2p get maple trees!!!!!! And i like the deposit box mine thing, epic iron mining :thumbup: I like the silver close by too

So far those affect 6 skills

woodcutting

firemaking

mining

smithing + magic (superheat the iron)

crafting

+1 for f2p jagex

Time to get that 1k total goal ive always wanted :shades:

Only proplem is that i wish f2p get bonus dungeons with a higher dun requirement, 45 dun isnt really that high.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

So the only useful thing they added are the frost drags...I really expected more

And all the other monsters and all the other resources and basically the whole update. I guess i can see where you expected more.

Thanks for the laugh, Danqa. :P

Though I haven't tried anything yet, the update seems good.

Are the ring effects good enough to focus all my tokens on them before getting a chaotic weapon? Or should I just use a tiny bit of tokens to get tier 1 to help make the stretch to 80 easier?

YAY f2p get maple trees!!!!!! And i like the deposit box mine thing, epic iron mining :thumbup: I like the silver close by too

So far those affect 6 skills

woodcutting

firemaking

mining

smithing + magic (superheat the iron)

crafting

+1 for f2p jagex

Time to get that 1k total goal ive always wanted :shades:

Only proplem is that i wish f2p get bonus dungeons with a higher dun requirement, 45 dun isnt really that high.

Class Ring of Kinship are p2p

f2p dungeoneering is still just a giant, 'lol, f u' to f2p.

-1 for f2p jagex

greenmelf.png

You obviously didn't read my post on the previous page.

What's the point of having members skill and lvl 99+ doors on F2P, when it's plain obvious that F2Pers can't get past them? If you want to limit XP rate, just limit Complexity 5 and 6 to members only. Even giving them acess to F2Pers was a mistake to begin with.

What Jagex has done was:

Give F2Ps access to complexity levels that consisted of mostly members skill

Add those doors and puzzles to the dungeons anyway

Add a flawed monster level limit to F2P dungeons

Regretted the above when members get XP faster on F2P worlds than P2P worlds

Add a 50% XP nerf to only level 90+ F2Pers.

So if I'm level 90 and my friend's level 89. He's possibly going to get as much XP as a member, whereas I'm getting half of that no matter what. And it's partly dependant on how lucky we are with getting members skill rooms. Huh?

Just close off C5/C6, remove that XP nerf for 90+ players, all F2Pers get an automated 40% XP nerf due to C4, no members stuff, and pretty much the only things you can't complete are due to your lack of training in F2P skills. Problem solved.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

What's the point of having members skill and lvl 99+ doors on F2P, when it's plain obvious that F2Pers can't get past them? If you want to limit XP rate, just limit Complexity 5 and 6 to members only. Even giving them acess to F2Pers was a mistake to begin with.

What Jagex has done was:

So if I'm level 90 and my friend's level 89. He's possibly going to get as much XP as a member, whereas I'm getting half of that no matter what. And it's partly dependant on how lucky we are with getting members skill rooms. Huh?

Just close off C5/C6, remove that XP nerf for 90+ players, all F2Pers get an automated 40% XP nerf due to C4, no members stuff, and pretty much the only things you can't complete are due to your lack of training in F2P skills. Problem solved.

Yes, because with the way things are now, F2P loses out on 60% of the exp per dungeon due to these doors. (Or are you saying F2P loses 40% of the potential exp per dungeon due to these doors? I can't tell.) Which they don't, the bonus doors add up to a max 13% bonus? I agree it's lame that F2P gets screwed over with some bonus doors, but your solution doesn't seem to help much.

EDIT: wait, if the 90+ nerf is a 50% nerf, they really need to fix that imo. Seems like you'd get punished for being high >.<

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Why can't soloers get same exp rates as team :angry:

Because that would completely destroy the point of the skill- to team. If the skill was designed to be like this, then live with it, crting about it really doesn't help.

By the way, anyone who thought solo medium dungeones would be good for solo xp were naive, it was clear months ago they wouln't be better xp than small dungeons.

As for the FREE(yes, i can write it like that) crying on this thread, typically classless- you give them a hand and they eat your heart out and still aren't satisfied, not really the first time they have done this, but it's well served jagex never listens to these moans.

For frost dragons- crazy! great update for prayer if you look at it, the dungeon these dragons are in is huge, and 132 kills+ is easily possible even without cannon, the blue drag dungeon is what was needed for bone campers. Anyone going to frosts- their magic attack is much stronger than melee, so bandos>karils(with prayer ofcource).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

What Jagex has done was:

Yes, because with the way things are now, F2P loses out on 60% of the exp per dungeon due to these doors. (Or are you saying F2P loses 40% of the potential exp per dungeon due to these doors? I can't tell.) Which they don't, the bonus doors add up to a max 13% bonus? I agree it's lame that F2P gets screwed over with some bonus doors, but your solution doesn't seem to help much.

EDIT: wait, if the 90+ nerf is a 50% nerf, they really need to fix that imo. Seems like you'd get punished for being high >.<

Let's say the XP for for fully completing a dungeon is 1000 for a member.

A F2Per who's combat 89 and below and complete the same dungeon fully (because he's lucky with member doors) gets 1000 too.

A F2Per who's combat 90 combat and complete the same dungeon fully (because he's lucky with member doors) gets 500.

A F2Per who's combat 89 and below and complete the same dungeon without any bonus room will not just lose the 13% bonus, but the core XP for that same floor and prestige would be lower than usual as well. By how much I'm not sure, but the last time it was discussed when the skill first came out it's easily 30% lower at least. So let's say he gets 700.

A F2Per who's combat 90 combat and and in the above situation gets 350.

(the numbers are there for reference)

My suggestion allows F2Pers of any combat level to get 600 XP for completing a dungeon fully (because members should have faster XP rates anyway), and you're not going to lose that bonus because of some level 5 thieving door, but perhaps a level 97 mining etc. Fair and square.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Are the ring effects good enough to focus all my tokens on them before getting a chaotic weapon? Or should I just use a tiny bit of tokens to get tier 1 to help make the stretch to 80 easier?

The level 1 upgrade is 135 tokens, so you can upgrade few things (berserker mainly)

level 1 = +11% str bonus

level 10 = +20%

If you don;t want to spend a lot of tokens the level 1s are just perfect,

The level 1 upgrade is 135 tokens, so you can upgrade few things (berserker mainly)

level 1 = +11% str bonus

level 10 = +20%

If you don;t want to spend a lot of tokens the level 1s are just perfect,

Yep, lvl 1 is the most cost effective. Even though I barely ever use ranged, I bought the lvl 1 desparado. It's 135 tokens for a 11% boost, which is surely worth it IMO for the few times I use it at a boss. Now I just have to make sure to think about changing the style when I need to.

Thanks alot Jagex. Solo Dungeoneering is tough...and now i found out that the disconnection have not been changed much.

I repeat...i disconnected and when i came back i was sent out of game. Great...

Thanks alot Jagex. Solo Dungeoneering is tough...and now i found out that the disconnection have not been changed much.

I repeat...i disconnected and when i came back i was sent out of game. Great...

Maybe it was a server crash?