Board Games/Card Games

Intriguing

I'm just wondering how many people here are into board/card games, and of what kind. Recently I found a cheap copy of Diplomacy as I'd played it a few times and liked it. I've played it a number of times since and am starting to get a bit addicted. I've even resorted to playing it online because I haven't been able to find enough people to play with!

Other than that I quite like Settlers of Catan and Stratego. I recently purchased Kingmaker from a garage sale, though I have yet to play it.

As for card games, I quite like Euchre and 500, but I haven't played very many different games.

Now that you know what types of board/card games I like (mostly war games/strategy), it's your turn! What are some of your favourite board/card games?

Cool.

Scrabble ftw.

you are ftw

also stratego and risk

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

Big Two

Many an hour has been spent by me and fellow church fellows playing this.

By that I mean we once played from midnight until 4 AM.

Speed Scrabble is pretty fun too. Too bad it's hard to find people who know how to play or are willing to. Otherwise, I fail at Risk and Connect Four but those can be fun too. I've always wanted to try Settlers or Diplomacy but you can probably imagine how hard it is to find people to play with.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Tichu

Dominion

Yu-gi-Oh!

Stratego

HeroScape

Warhammer 40k

uhmm...

I'm into most boardgames really, but those are the one's that I <3 the most

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I love chess, I used to be really good. Played it on funorb for the first time in about 6 years and depressed myself because I'm so bad at it now.

Poker is my favourite card game.

500, Canasta, Rummy, Poker (either FRNL Texas Hold'em or PL Omaha, sometimes Razz). Board games are all over the place... scrabble, upwords, risk, trivial pursuit, sorry, etc. i have 50 or so board games in my cupboard right now :unsure: Ironically chess, checkers and backgammon aren't in there at all.. mostly because no one i know plays any of them, it was just my dad who I would play against :-\

I don't play many board games, but I am really into chess when I find a good opponent. When the game lasts for over an hour you know you're pretty evenly matched.

As for card games, I only play Magic: The Gathering; though I don't keep my deck up to date, otherwise I'd be spending more than I wanted on a hobby that I don't do professionally. I prefer just playing with friends, so my deck is outdated. ^.^

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Prefer card games like Poker, Blackjack and Rummy to board games. Quite like draughts though, the simple mans chess.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I don't play many board games, but I am really into chess when I find a good opponent. When the game lasts for over an hour you know you're pretty evenly matched.

As for card games, I only play Magic: The Gathering; though I don't keep my deck up to date, otherwise I'd be spending more than I wanted on a hobby that I don't do professionally. I prefer just playing with friends, so my deck is outdated. ^.^

Wow MTG i haven't played that since the end of the 5th dawn and mirrodin sets,

or more to the fact nobody would play against my artifact/antiartifact decks...

hehe

May i have found a player i can play c2c with?

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

@ Teshiburu: I'm not up to date on my MTG terminology, so you wouldn't mind if I asked what c2c is would you? lol. Oh, also, I post via my ps3 until I buy a new computer; therefore I don't have access to MWS :(

I run a Monowhite Angel Lockdown deck and I have a Black/White Lockdown Decay. So I'm not sure how I would fare against your decks lol.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

@ Teshiburu: I'm not up to date on my MTG terminology, so you wouldn't mind if I asked what c2c is would you? lol. Oh, also, I post via my ps3 until I buy a new computer; therefore I don't have access to MWS :(

I run a Monowhite Angel Lockdown deck and I have a Black/White Lockdown Decay. So I'm not sure how I would fare against your decks lol.

Someone had Monowhite Angels when i was in Sixth form, thoroughly trounced me lol, i also have a black blue deck, with Phage the Untouchable, which i love brining into play on the oponents side :-P

Im a [cabbage] for one hit kills lol, my artifact deck has like 10 instant win methods, plus the ability to boost one of my cards to a 100/100 max lol, which for true rules 20 point game is funny, but overpowered.

c2c, is cam to cam, got a few people i play with in scotland, america, and japan lol...

i was tempted to play MTGO but i would have to rebuy my entire collection, majority of which is illegal in online and tournament play now lol

[hide=Stats & Goals]

teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

Teshiburu.png

[/hide]

Feel Free To Add Me In Game I Love Talking To Anyone| Void Knight Justicar

99s In Order of Achievement: Fletching, Strength, Cooking]

Scrabble, Chess, Ludo, Monopoly.

Card games are great though. Texas hold em Poker is definitely my favourite card game, gotta love Poker :thumbup: I also like Cheat, 21, Solitaire... most card games really. As for like, trading card games, I've always loved the Pokemon TCG and Yu-Gi-Oh! though I never played seriously and don't really play anymore.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I never really had a person to play cards and board games when I was younger. Now everybodys with the video games and such. I did play a lot of Blackjack in the final days of middle school though with all sorts of folks. That was fun.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I never really had a person to play cards and board games when I was younger. Now everybodys with the video games and such. I did play a lot of Blackjack in the final days of middle school though with all sorts of folks. That was fun.

I remember in 5th grade when everyone discovered how to play Blackjack... good times.

In 7th and 8th grade we would play OG everyday at lunch.

Such a fun card game.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!