So....anyone completed strange rock statue yet?

Amundogus2

Just finished my...

FIRST statue. Only 29 more to go. :ohnoes:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the rocks for #28 done and i can finish it on tuesday of next week. my plans say i will be done with it on october 5th

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

I've only collected about half the rocks to complete the first statue so far :lol: It will be interesting to see if anything actually happens when you complete the statue, I know the JMod behind it said it was purely aesthetic but you might get some bonus xp or something for completing it.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I just collect the pieces as I skill anyway, I'll get it done eventually but I'm in no hurry. It'll be neat to add to my house if and when I finish though.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I don't think anything special happens...A Jmod said that the finished statue is purely cosmetic

Correct. I forget which J mod posted on this subject, but they said that there is no additional reward for completing the statue except that you have a full statue for your house.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

From RSWikia:

It will take 30 weeks from 3 March 2010 to get all the replica stone pieces. This means that the fastest someone can complete this would be the 22 September 2010.

4 more days.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'm almost a full week behind. I have all the pieces of set #29 completed, and can complete set 29 Monday night.

If it's just a cosmetic statue, I'm completely cool with that. Aesthetically, I'd prefer if Dhamaroc actually came to life and walked around like a human "pet" in your POH.

The flash animation at each breakage foreshadows some humanity in the statue. If the statue in my house just explodes, I'd be really, really pissed.

stormveritas.png

I'm getting my 27th rock next thursday night, friday early morning BST.

Looking forward to september 22nd to find out what exactly happens when your home statue is done though.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Looking forward to september 22nd to find out what exactly happens when your home statue is done though.

It explodes and you have to start all over again.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

I never went out to get rocks and I need four more skills to complete my first statue. In my opinion, a < 10k experience pack isn't worth training skills over 99 for. I can get 9k runecrafting experience (the slowest rock skill) in about 12 minutes, and much less time for all the other skills, and if you add it up it just isn't worth training each skill for more than a couple inventories worth for such tiny exp bonuses.

I think it's a cool thing, don't get me wrong. But with access to the best training methods, a small boost doesn't entice me and I have no reason to train a lot of the rock skills. It helps a lot of players with few 99s out and I'm waiting to see the reward for 30 weeks of dedication :)

2496 Completionist

I've definitely not done it since June.

It wastes too much damn time getting all the little stones.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

It explodes and you have to start all over again.

I wouldn'T mind. I'm doing the weekly statue because it "forces" me to train skill I don't like and it gives me a small xp reward that adds up over time. The 150K agility, hunter and RC XP gained so far is very valuable to a person like me, as well as the XP gained from actively training those skills. Without this, I wouldn't have these skills over 80, probably around 75.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I'm not even done with my first statue. Skills like hunter bore me, and I have no incentive for them.

Besides there probably wouldn't be anything big when we DO get all 30 pieces on our statue.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

... People were seriously still thinking it offered some kind of reward? Everyone was so desperate to know that a few days after the initial release Mod Emily stated that it was only a cosmetic reward, the xp from turning in the rocks was enough.

They have had 30 weeks to add a reward after people was sad about the initial info, so one can hope =)

One more day now according to RS wiki.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

You get 1 piece a week, so for a 30 peice statue would you not need to wait until 30 weeks have passed, not 29?

No, you get one piece immediately, then you have to wait a week for every piece after that.

? I've been getting piece after piece. I have around 5 parts of it complete and I only restarted playing a little over a week ago.

After reading all of the replies, I'm guessing you guys are referring to a 2nd statue?

You get 1 piece a week, so for a 30 peice statue would you not need to wait until 30 weeks have passed, not 29?

No, you get one piece immediately, then you have to wait a week for every piece after that.

? I've been getting piece after piece. I have around 5 parts of it complete and I only restarted playing a little over a week ago.

After reading all of the replies, I'm guessing you guys are referring to a 2nd statue?

Yes, once you finish the first statue you get a replica piece. When you finish the 2nd statue you get another one. You can then use them to build a new statue in your POH study. There's a plinth slot there for it. The full statue requires 30 pieces, so you have to complete 30 statues in the museum to build it fully. You can only build one statue per week and therefore it can't be fully completed until tomorrow, 29 weeks after its release =)

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

... People were seriously still thinking it offered some kind of reward? Everyone was so desperate to know that a few days after the initial release Mod Emily stated that it was only a cosmetic reward, the xp from turning in the rocks was enough.

I'm not expecting anything other then the full statue. I'm doing it for the bragging right of saying I finished the 30 week's of strange rocks. :P

i just want to be able to collect the rocks tbh

if we loose the ability to collect the rocks after the 30th statue i am gonna be unhappy a bit i think. it is fun. oh and 1 statue left for me.

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~