21-Sept-10 Gunnar's Ground

Michael

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They removed Romeo & Juliet?

rabblerabble1251158120.jpg

RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Oh and cool they have a country i never knew about guess you learn something new everyday.

... you didn't knew about Lithuania ?

Yea i hate to admit but yea i never heard about it, decided to look it up breifly found found out they have ruler named Dalia Grybauskaitė currently, also inb4peoplesayipulledajustinbieberandthatimalsoignorant.

Oh and cool they have a country i never knew about guess you learn something new everyday.

Yea i hate to admit but yea i never heard about it, decided to look it up breifly found found out they have ruler named Dalia Grybauskaitė currently, also inb4peoplesayipulledajustinbieberandthatimalsoignorant.

Why can't you keep a stupid revelation like this to yourself? You make all Americans look bad.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Why can't you keep a stupid revelation like this to yourself? You make all Americans look bad.

Sorry for making us look bad cause of my Stupid ignorance and im sure the whole never mind no use in trying to defend myself.

I liked the Romeo and Juliet quest much better than this. It does fine in terms of making collecting items or walking around unnecessary, but it's very weird and inconsistent with all other RuneScape quests and very cheesy in my opinion.

I would have liked to see the Romeo and Juliet quest rewritten, perhaps using different names and a slightly different plots, but keeping the elements of collecting items, making potions, etc. It was a very good way to get players to explore Varrock's resources and now they only have to walk a few squares the entire quest.

2496 Completionist

Before the update the german version of beer was "Bier", now it's "Oktoberbräu" - a reference to the Oktoberfest. Also the NPC at the holiday symbol speaks a nice Bavarian accent. I think the Oktoberfest will be much more fun on the german servers. :P

[404] Signature not found.

I'm wondering with the sort of tri-dialogue options for this quest, if they are trying to perhaps pave the way for paragon/renegade situations & make players have to choose the outcome of certain future quests. There would also be alternative rewards depending on how you handle the quest & would put more emphasis on reading the quest dialogue instead of spamming click going reward plz. (I do the latter atm, because I simply don't feel the need to care about RS Lore)

Or the writers were extremely bored with the exciting month that is September at Jagex HQ & decided to triple the content for the one short quest.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

wait, THIS is the quest of the month?

Wow I warned 3 years ago for it already: but jagex indeed starts to give less and less content updates now.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I like how they just changed the norwegian world label but didn't actually move the server anywhere. Now I have 220 ping on the norwegian world while in Norway. O_o

Just for the record, while totally useless for p2p, the s[bleep]y boots do go very nicely with the blue runecrafter robes.

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

Hmm, we have the French 'Lily of the Valley' event (at least, I thought it was French of origin), the American Thanksgiving, German Oktoberfest.

Would indeed be fun if they inserted Sinterklaas in the week of 5th of December. For those who doesn't know: Sinterklaas is a Saint who, according to the legend/story I remember, helped one or more people get the money for their wedding gifts.

For those Americans who think it's a rip-off from Santa Claus: you're horribly wrong, it's the other way around. The Dutch people in Nieuw Amsterdam (what later became New York, due to a trade between the WIC and the British equivalent) imported Sinterklaas, which was then adapted by the British-Americans into Santa Claus.

More information can be found on wikipedia, I guess.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

Oh god...

If there's an Oktoberfest holiday quest I am going to be so happy. Oktoberfest actually starts in late September, so it very well could be...

Oh dear me, yes!

Actually, Oktoberfest already started last weekend.

Exactly. Late September It's only a 16 day festival. :P

hzvjpwS.gif

I like how they just changed the norwegian world label but didn't actually move the server anywhere. Now I have 220 ping on the norwegian world while in Norway. O_o

Yea. After waiting so long to get a Lithuanian world, I see that the server isn't even in Lithuania... <_<

Hmm, we have the French 'Lily of the Valley' event (at least, I thought it was French of origin), the American Thanksgiving, German Oktoberfest.

Would indeed be fun if they inserted Sinterklaas in the week of 5th of December. For those who doesn't know: Sinterklaas is a Saint who, according to the legend/story I remember, helped one or more people get the money for their wedding gifts.

Make it Sint-Maarten, to take away the confusion with Santa Claus... :wink:

A holy man who walks over rooftops on the night of 10 november-11 november (4-5 december for Sinterklaas) dropping presents through the chimney for good kids.

sintenpietophetdak.jpg

I don't see how taking away Romeo and Juliet has any purpose... what, you have to run out behind Varrok and pick up one cadava berry? That was too much to do? Maybe if Juliet had just handed you one, that wouldn't change the quest at all.

Now, instead of having one set of characters, that gives a reason for that big house to be sitting out there, and latter ties loosely in to the Arrav quest, you have two people in a ridiculously oversized house that has nothing to do with their storyline... and you loose four mildly shallow characters so that you can have two shallower characters, and name two more.

I don't see a real reason why it had to be one or the other. A stretch has to be made to explain why they are pushing into a location from the other quest. Might be a little cheesy to have a second love story quest nearby. You are no longer introduced to the Varrak church, or the apothecary...

Argh. Just argh.

Nope, he is wise enough to admit a lack of knowledge which cannot be a bad thing (nobody can know everything.)

The persons who can't be bothered to look up things they don't know, keep quiet about it and base their opinions on falsehoods are the ones that make Americans (or any country they happen to live in) look bad.

I like how its not possible to say the name of the new boots on the forum without a part of it being blocked out by the filter. :P

> S[bleep]y Boots <

Well, nice quest I guess. 2k exp from the after-reward, and some weird boots which are apparently f2p mage boots. And another music track. WOOHOO.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention