04-Jan-2011 � King of the Dwarves

Michael

OK, so the Azdaran Fragment (which I'm assuming is just a fragment of a larger text) says: "No band of petty councilors can preserve this city through its darkest days only a king."

Anyone else think that the complete test reads something like "It's painfully obvious that only an albino band of petty councilors can preserve this city through its darkest days only a king of fools would dare to disagree".

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the Azdaran Fragment (which I'm assuming is just a fragment of a larger text) says: "No band of petty councilors can preserve this city through its darkest days only a king."

Anyone else think that the complete test reads something like "It's painfully obvious that only an albino band of petty councilors can preserve this city through its darkest days only a king of fools would dare to disagree".

That would be good but when you read it in the vault (if you choose too) it was capital N on n and fullstop after king. so it was definitely a complete sentence. Reference being other damage/incomplete texts around rs that do have missing capitals and fullstops to indicate it to be a fragment of a sentence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Am I the only one stuck on trying to convince pretty flower to help?

Anyone shine some light on my situation?

[hide]Talk to My Arm who is standing near Pretty Flower.[/hide]

[hide=For Demoli]In the protesting crowd outside the consortium.[/hide]

I cant find Pretty Flower.. where is he?

hes in the offshoot of the tunnel where you fight the commander.

im stuck on where to go after i convinced him tho...

Im stuck here as well, anyone care to guide us?

They're in the angry mob

Loved the quest, cool storyline.

The troll-part was weird though imo.

They kill an entire army who was about to overrun a semi-defenceless city and the powerhungry trolls just leave the city in peace... #-o

[hide]

I don't care about the rewards. I'm just dissapointed about not getting to see the battle. :(

It was too brutal to broadcast, plus save the fighting for the Mahjarrat quests!

But I want EPIC BATTLE cut scenes. :(

[/hide]

Yeh, the developers took the easy way. :-P

The gravestone looks great, but i hate its decorative only. Decorative statue, decorative this, and decorative that. Make Royal Dwarf gravestone last 1min more Jagex, your being stupid..

If Jagex is gonna go down that road (Decorative), release Wolf, Dragon, Angel, Demon and so on gravestones. If your not Jagex, then make Dwarf statue last 1min longer.

Not even that, I want the longest lasting gravestone to have multiple looks. Its boring having 1 6min gravestone (now two, i guess) and like 10 other nice looking ones that you can't use because you'd be missing out on timer time.

Pretty good rewards for such a short quest if you ask me. I don't mind the gravestone, since I use Zaros anyway. I like the Big Rock the most. :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Anyone else think that the release of this gravestone was partially an attempt to reinforce that they will not be removing gravestones in the future?

I haven't done the quest yet, but is the new one free to change to? A free (possible) upgrade to a 500k gravestone sounds like a decent reward.

2dgucz6.png

The gravestone looks great, but i hate its decorative only. Decorative statue, decorative this, and decorative that. Make Royal Dwarf gravestone last 1min more Jagex, your being stupid..

If Jagex is gonna go down that road (Decorative), release Wolf, Dragon, Angel, Demon and so on gravestones. If your not Jagex, then make Dwarf statue last 1min longer.

Not even that, I want the longest lasting gravestone to have multiple looks. Its boring having 1 6min gravestone (now two, i guess) and like 10 other nice looking ones that you can't use because you'd be missing out on timer time.

I reckon we should be able to choose the time amount, and the design in different categories. So I can have a Guthix gravestone that lasts six minutes. :3

Anyone else think that the release of this gravestone was partially an attempt to reinforce that they will not be removing gravestones in the future?

I haven't done the quest yet, but is the new one free to change to? A free (possible) upgrade to a 500k gravestone sounds like a decent reward.

Nah, it costs 500K, and they've said that they're keeping 'em.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Well if you think about it...

Quests are in development for a while, and from what I've read up to 6 months. However, Jagex has said their new bot detection system has only been in place for a couple of months. I could only assume Jagex' original plan was to have a new gravestone that lasts much longer, but because of Free Trade around the corner Jagex decided it was best to keep the gravestone times where they are.

When free trade is back nobody is going to bless gravestones. If Jagex really wants to bring back the game to where it used to be it isn't by adding more time to gravestones that weren't around.

Stellactic.gif

When free trade is back nobody is going to bless gravestones.

I guess that depends on how items behave when the gravestone dissapears. If people can pick up the items then yeah people will want you to lose your stuff lol. If death no longer means transfering items (outside of pvp i mean) then we will probably still see graves blessed.

Do you know if they have confirmed anything on that?

jpegsigtest.jpg

Finished the quest like 10 minutes after it came out. Surprised me how easy it was for a 'master' quest.

The difficulty is all about stats, much to our collective deception.

Personally I love the new gravestone, reminds me of LoTR dwarfish masonry.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

what potions did scroll of cleansing affect? anybody know yet?

I think it was fixing problems like how making magic pots gave you extra lant unfs instead of extra potato cacti. I'm yet to check this, though, so...

that seems likely, as well as sara brews giving toadflax unf

Naaxi.png

I thought it was a great quality quest. Usually what I mean by that is that I feel emotionally attached, which I felt somewhat.

It was kind of short, which was a bit sad. I really want to see a quest that is long, but every part of the quest takes the ease of what happened in that quest.

I'm hoping that these four quests, and the next is ONLY the Rise of the Red Axe, because I would also like to see possibly a revolution series, and later a recovery and maybe a republic series in the late future (Yes, I really like Dwarf quests :mrgreen: )

Anyway, that's just my opinions :P

I reckon we should be able to choose the time amount, and the design in different categories. So I can have a Guthix gravestone that lasts six minutes. :3

Nah, it costs 500K, and they've said that they're keeping 'em.

each grave stone level should have 3 or more difrent options.

imo, (besdies ones that requure quests etc) you should be able to switch between them for free, as long as you have bought that level of grave.

statues that also have other side requirements would be cool (like your coat of arms for ur PoH), who would want a grave that looks like the stature of... err, that sharted heart guy? lol

but really, the option between a worse grave i like or 2 better graves i dont like, not much of an option.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I actually like the new gravestone. Also, the quest was awesome. A bit on the short side, though.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Remember pretty flower? Remember when he said he wanted his son to have a good name, suited for battle? Well, after the quest is over you can visit pretty flower and you get to see his child's name:

[hide]Sparkly Crystal[/hide]

I lol'd

Remember pretty flower? Remember when he said he wanted his son to have a good name, suited for battle? Well, after the quest is over you can visit pretty flower and you get to see his child's name:

[hide]Sparkly Crystal[/hide]

I lol'd

lol

i was gona look and see what his name was, i thought it was gona be "chaos dwarf" or something :P

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Finally did this quest today...

Couldn't help thinking "Omg 9/11" about the very first part... :? #-o

Decent quest overall I suppose. The gratuitous XP definitely made it worthwhile, I just wish dwarves had gotten a graphical update. At least the trolls did!

2dgucz6.png

They've said gravestones will remain, and if they're still there, well, it'd be stupid and pointless to keep them if items dropped on death. Yes?

Perhaps the gravestones will appear everywhere except the wilderness? That would make the most sense to me. I personally hope items don't get dropped on death really.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!