Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Thanks for the quick replies!

I've read a fair bit of this thread just now, but failed to find info on how to get first contact. The clan chat is obviously hard to get to, and I couldn't find a friends chat name or something of the kind.

If it helps, I can at least state my binds and stuff:

Promethium Maul

Berserker ring T7

SSH

85 dungeoneering

Frosts are good money and all but it's also a fun skill to train - though my w117 experiences have been good at times, the winterfaces I see here make me drool...

EDIT: Forgot to mention 125 prom arrows p++ and I do have access to Skype.

Current goals:

Hunter 78/80

Smithing 70/80

Runecrafting 58/60

Strength 96/99

Defense 45/46

Prayer 72/95

Dungeoneering 85/100

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick replies!

I've read a fair bit of this thread just now, but failed to find info on how to get first contact. The clan chat is obviously hard to get to, and I couldn't find a friends chat name or something of the kind.

If it helps, I can at least state my binds and stuff:

Promethium Maul

Berserker ring T7

SSH

85 dungeoneering

Frosts are good money and all but it's also a fun skill to train - though my w117 experiences have been good at times, the winterfaces I see here make me drool...

EDIT: Forgot to mention 125 prom arrows p++ and I do have access to Skype.

You need to read the guidelines on the first page. Once you've read them and are following them come and dg with us. I think you're allowed to bind a maulsince your att is 20> than str, but try and get 99 str asap for primal if u can

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

fix your binds please :thumbsup:

I believe his binds are somewhat fine, seeing as his attack level is 20 levels lower than his strength. Only thing that needs fixing is getting laws instead of arrows until CSB (assuming he can use it).

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

^Leik is correct. Considering that mauls are very very useless on, say, zombies, he should get 70 rc asap to be able to mage them, and he should always focus on skeletons.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

But I like my arrows for necro/trio/behemoth...

Alright, guess I'll get rid of them. 70 RC has also long been a goal of mine, the comment about zombies is very true though. I've actually held celestial surgeboxes before but obviously unable to use, I'll see what I can do about that. Also 99 strength is obviously on the shortlist of goals, and I hope to achieve it within a couple weeks.

How do I find DGS' dungeon parties though? That's my only bottleneck atm.

Current goals:

Hunter 78/80

Smithing 70/80

Runecrafting 58/60

Strength 96/99

Defense 45/46

Prayer 72/95

Dungeoneering 85/100

How do I find DGS' dungeon parties though? That's my only bottleneck atm.

Hang around in the clan-chat and wait for hosts or host floors yourself, which then you have to key yourself.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Ring tier guidelines have been updated. Previously the required tier per level was very arbitrary and didn't account for secondary rings, so we've rectified that and made it much more complicated for you! YAY!

But seriously, the idea is that you'll be spending about 25% of your tokens on rings to maximize your offense while still being reasonable. So without further adieu, here are the new guidelines:

Players will be required to upgrade their berserker rings and secondary rings as follows:

•  
  • 62 Dungeoneering: t6 berserker and t5 secondary.
  • 66 Dungeoneering: t6 berserker and t6 secondary.
  • 70 Dungeoneering: t7 berserker and t6 secondary.
  • 73 Dungeoneering: t7 berserker and t7 secondary.
  • 79 Dungeoneering: t8 berserker and t7 secondary.
  • 83 Dungeoneering: t8 berserker and t8 secondary.
  • 89 Dungeoneering: t9 berserker and t8 secondary.
  • 93 Dungeoneering: t9 berserker and t9 secondary.
  • 102 Dungeoneering: t10 berserker and t9 secondary.
  • 106 Dungeoneering: t10 berserker and t10 secondary.

The secondary will depend on the player's ammo bind:

•  
  • Celestial surgebox: blazer ring.
  • Arrows (with hex): desperado ring.

Players with laws/cosmics bound should use gatherer as their secondary, but only upgrade it to t5 until they find a surgebox and can start upgrading their blazer ring.

For the vast majority of you, there should be very little (if any) difference.

Love,

Jimi / Obt

EDIT: Obviously not everyone is going to have the tokens right away, so just upgrade as soon as you can.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Can I keep doing floors till I have enough tokens for T9 Berserker and blitzer? I'm 95 (25k till 96) Dung but I only have 53k tokens :(.

Currently T8 in both.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Is there a guide to monster weaknesses and priorities based on weapon?

98DG and I still don't know what the hell Fire Giants are weak to, aside from Magic, lol.

Nor do I know what "lower theme" monsters like hobs are weak to... been doing a lot of low floors for the benefit of returning friends and low DG clanmates.

Err, also, what difference does each upgrade to the Berserker ring make? The first post says it's non-trivial, but 230k tokens seems like quite a bit to pay for T10. I do have T9 though. :)

As far as i can remember:

Berserker raises your DPS by 1% for every tier.

Blazer raises your DPS by 2.5% for every tier

T10 Zerker = 10% DPS

T10 Blazer = 25% DPS

I could be wrong though ;)

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Can I keep doing floors till I have enough tokens for T9 Berserker and blitzer? I'm 95 (25k till 96) Dung but I only have 53k tokens :(.

Currently T8 in both.

Oops, forgot to clarify that we obviously don't expect everyone to magically have the tokens. Just upgrade when you can. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg

Damn, maybe I made a mistake spending my 290k tokens so I could get 101 DG faster. Oh well.

Currently t8 berserker and like t4 blazer. :P But don't worry, my tokens will go to ring upgrades for now.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Y would you even ask it's not like they can tell

Tbh jagex needs to add a system for checking rings/binds before you enter a dungeon

Yeah, I really wish it just said the tier when you moved your cursor over the ring, like "Ring of kinship (berserker t10)".

I trust the vast majority of DGSers to upgrade their rings accordingly. If there's ever any doubt you can request a screenshot, which I know some keyers have done before. I would probably do this for people who try to use the clan chat who clearly have not read the guidelines. It's a hassle, but whatever. We'll make due. EDIT: But as previously mentioned, everyone will have a couple weeks before I start going all nazi-efficiency-clown on the chat.

dgs5.jpg

Y would you even ask it's not like they can tell

Tbh jagex needs to add a system for checking rings/binds before you enter a dungeon

Yeah, I really wish it just said the tier when you moved your cursor over the ring, like "Ring of kinship (berserker t10)".

I trust the vast majority of DGSers to upgrade their rings accordingly. If there's ever any doubt you can request a screenshot, which I know some keyers have done before. I would probably do this for people who try to use the clan chat who clearly have not read the guidelines. It's a hassle, but whatever. We'll make due. EDIT: But as previously mentioned, everyone will have a couple weeks before I start going all nazi-efficiency-clown on the chat.

Yeah, about that.

I've lost 3 chaotics to hacking, and I'm nearly 99 DG with only t7 berserker.

Will you take in account how many chaotics someone has before slamming them about the 2-3% bonus their ring would give them? Because by the time I get my maul back and an EEKS, i'll be 101 DG with still only t7 berserker.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

The secondary will depend on the player's ammo bind:

• Celestial surgebox: blazer ring.
  • Arrows (with hex): desperado ring.

B-But i alredy have T10 Blitzer :(

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Hmm, I think it's finally time to introduce myself to DGS. I've been watching this thread since it was created (and read every post, too). I've been in quite a few dungeons with DGS members over the past few months. I haven't introduced myself, as I didn't want to use my old Tip.it account (with a rather embarrassing username). Yesterday I finally created a new account with my actual username. I'll hopefully be posting frequently. I'll also be frequenting the CC (I'd like a rank, I'll get to that eventually :P (Going to be doing some research probably).

Hope to see you all ingame and I hope to do some (more) dungeons with you all!

Yeah, about that.

Will you take in account how many chaotics someone has before slamming them about the 2-3% bonus their ring would give them? Because by the time I get my maul back and an EEKS, i'll be 101 DG with still only t7 berserker.

If someone ranked wants to correct me on the DGS stance on this, go ahead. I'd just like to state my own opinion.

Overworld rewards are not the focus of DGS. If you intend to use DGS, you should better yourself in every possible way to aid your team. Spending your tokens on Chaotics and neglecting your RoK is quite selfish. I've had a tier eight berserker ring since I was about 75 dungeoneering. Not to sound like a [puncture], but only having tier 7 at your dungeoneering level is kind of pathetic (for lack of a better word). If anything, should you have more chaotics, you should be expected to have a higher tier ring. Yes, it does suck to be hacked, and I sympathize, but bettering your RoK speeds up your dungeons which helps both your teammates and yourself.

Insert Witty Signature Here

Hmm, I think it's finally time to introduce myself to DGS. I've been watching this thread since it was created (and read every post, too). I've been in quite a few dungeons with DGS members over the past few months. I haven't introduced myself, as I didn't want to use my old Tip.it account (with a rather embarrassing username). Yesterday I finally created a new account with my actual username. I'll hopefully be posting frequently. I'll also be frequenting the CC (I'd like a rank, I'll get to that eventually :P (Going to be doing some research probably).

Hope to see you all ingame and I hope to do some (more) dungeons with you all!

Yeah, about that.

If someone ranked wants to correct me on the DGS stance on this, go ahead. I'd just like to state my own opinion.

Overworld rewards are not the focus of DGS. If you intend to use DGS, you should better yourself in every possible way to aid your team. Spending your tokens on Chaotics and neglecting your RoK is quite selfish. I've had a tier eight berserker ring since I was about 75 dungeoneering. Not to sound like a [puncture], but only having tier 7 at your dungeoneering level is kind of pathetic (for lack of a better word). If anything, should you have more chaotics, you should be expected to have a higher tier ring. Yes, it does suck to be hacked, and I sympathize, but bettering your RoK speeds up your dungeons which helps both your teammates and yourself.

All of that would be completely and utterly valid...

If the difference between t7 and t9 wasn't 2%, and the difference between a chaotic and the nearest substitute is far more than 2%.

I'm a maxed player. I rely on Nex for my income, and I need plenty of chaotics for Nex. If losing 2% of ONE STYLE of damage in a dungeon ensures that I can Nex, I'll do it every time.

By your logic, no one should DG unless they are maxed, otherwise they're a detriment to their team. No one should DG without 92 herblore for the overload trick, otherwise they're a detriment to their team. There are a million other examples of this - bind choices, stat builds, all of which are accomodated for. Why should someone in my position not be allowed to prioritise? I will get the ring upgraded in 300k tokens - and if i decide to go for 120, I'd've only had t7 for 13 out of 103 million exp.

DGing is far more about tactics and attitude than raw damage output anyway, and I feel I hold my own as far as damage goes, so as long as the ranks are fine with it, I'm fine with it.

tl;dr As long as I don't run around buying CLS's or Law Staves before upgrading my ring, I feel that I should be allowed to prioritise.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

No-one will be exempt from the rules. Sorry, Brandon.

I'll upgrade it to t8, but i'm not doing t9 until I get my EEKS and Maul back.

For an exponentially scaling ring, that's unreasonable.

dungensweapers.png