15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

I'm annoyed that my berserker (i) no longer seems to be the best melee ring in the game... those noted torstol drops for example would more than make up for the lower killrate.

They fixed noted insane drops too didn't they?

Most likely is on purpose and not a bug. Better than the 150 steel arrows and 200 silver ores we got before (which at the time were decent drops). None of these drops are huge and just add more variety when killing things which can only be good. 5k coal is what, 1.5M? A decent amount but nothing huge.

Whip: 1.5m

5178 coal: 1.6m

A variety drop is worth more than the unique drop. Wat.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you swap to row just as your going to kill somthing or will the row not work if you do that?

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I still don't really understand the Prestige thing. If we repeat a floor and I've done that entire themed floor, do I still virtually get no xpl? Or just a little less than normal? *Thinks about repeating floor 45 forever*

This is what the KB says about it:

You can only receive prestige contributions to your Dungeoneering XP once per floor. Play a floor for a second time and the game will attempt to do the following, in the order shown:

If a lower floor of the same theme (frozen, abandoned, etc) has not been raided by you, then the floor you raid will be treated as if it was this lower floor. This means that the lower floor will be counted as complete (ticked on your floor interface before a dungeon) and your base value of XP will be calculated according to this lower floor.

If a higher floor of the same theme (frozen, abandoned, etc) has not been raided by you, then the floor you raid will be treated as if it was this higher floor. This means that the higher floor will be counted as complete (ticked on your floor interface before a dungeon) while your base value of XP will be calculated according to the floor you are currently raiding, NOT the higher floor.

If there are no floors of the same theme (frozen, abandoned, etc) that have not been raided by you, you will receive a 0 XP prestige contribution to your base value.

So, if you've completed all floors of a certain theme, you'll get 0 prestige XP for redoing a floor of that theme, much like before.

That's kind of sneaky there. :P

If you have F60 open, but have done all other floors. You then enter for floor 58. Both are warped floors, but your base exp is calced as if you did f58, yet it checks 60 as completed. :P

Sneaky Jagex.

Loving these pictures of the new lumbridge graphics! You'll notice the impressive trees, new ores, and...well...probably some other cool stuff I didn't spot.

800px-Lumbridge_SE_Rocks.png

798px-Outside_of_water_altar.png

800px-Lumbridge_swamp.png

800px-Lumbirge_swamp_cave.png

Interesting stuff, showcasing clearly the graphics of the future. I think it's a bright outlook for RS.

I'm not an efficienado.

I'm annoyed that my berserker (i) no longer seems to be the best melee ring in the game... those noted torstol drops for example would more than make up for the lower killrate.

They fixed noted insane drops too didn't they?

Most likely is on purpose and not a bug. Better than the 150 steel arrows and 200 silver ores we got before (which at the time were decent drops). None of these drops are huge and just add more variety when killing things which can only be good. 5k coal is what, 1.5M? A decent amount but nothing huge.

Yeah, I agree. I meant, 100 torstol? That's 5M, pocket change. A sigil? 50M, nothing special, even if you happen to get 3 in a series of corp hunting, or am I wrong there? Well, okay, two of the sigils cost like 800M, but that's not even one christmas cracker.

My biggest gripe with this update is the bridge from Lumbridge to Al-Kharid. Seriously, there was an agility shortcut. Simple - if you have the agility, you can pass (you didn't even need to have the xbow and grapple anymore, thanks to the hidey-holes), and if not, you don't. Don't like it? Train agility! And now they destroy that shortcut by making it available for everyone, for apparently no reason at all! I mean, what reason was there for this? Making the skill easier to access? (Oh wait, you still need those stupid tiaras to access the RCing altars - let's remove them...) Or just to plain ol' cater to whiny newbies? (Could have better solved that by giving everyone a sigil or 100 noted torstols! Oh wait...)

I don't mind, so long as there's a tooll (haven't been there yet) I'm happy. But the problem was that it took ages for F2P, and was seen as a barrier to starting dungeoneering.

It's not like I just told you why this argument fails, did I? There is a barrier to starting RC, Herblore and summoning (one goddamn quest each, plus getting equipment in case of the first two), Farming (having to prepare, rake all the patches, get to the locations), Hunter (again the preparation), Construction (a small heap of gold, and some rather expensive materials once again). And what's the biggest ****ing barrier to starting Dungeoneering? 10 gold pieces (if you're a newb) and... a short trek (not long - shorter than going from Lumbridge to Varrock on foot, I'd say). That's it - no long preparation, no significant up-front cost, no items required. What the hell were you talking about again?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Loving these pictures of the new lumbridge graphics! You'll notice the impressive trees, new ores, and...well...probably some other cool stuff I didn't spot.

-images-

Interesting stuff, showcasing clearly the graphics of the future. I think it's a bright outlook for RS.

I agree. I fell in love with the Lumbridge Swamp graphics when I went there earlier today. :P

If only everything looked as awesome as that swamp. <3:

The sigil thing has been fixed. Torstols are pushing it I agree but everything else seems reasonable and I imagine Jagex wanted to lower the prices of certain herbs (snaps, toadflax and torstols) and this should do a good job at that.

Making herbs cheaper hurts my farming :thumbdown:. The ring of wealth should work on special logs, double shark catches etcetera, not on monsters. Combat is profitable enough as it is.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If only everything looked as awesome as that swamp. <3:

LOL -- wasn't that a line in "Deliverance"? *giggles*

Honestly though, nice graphical update. My only disappointment was that I went to work today ... -.-

nyuseg.png

... ok this time a legimite question.

Couldn't they fix those torches in the swamp ?

They updated the WHOLE EFFIN SWAMP o.O, surely they had some overleft time to fix few torches (It might be me, but I just hate things that look out of place ... and those torches ... look like lamps)

... ok this time a legimite question.

Couldn't they fix those torches in the swamp ?

They updated the WHOLE EFFIN SWAMP o.O, surely they had some overleft time to fix few torches (It might be me, but I just hate things that look out of place ... and those torches ... look like lamps)

how are they "out of place" ?

Clearly they are quite new and well maintained torches probably placed by the workers of Lumbridge to help guide them through the swamp mists to reach the mines and the fathers house and guide travellers.

Just cause they are in a swamp doesn't mean they have to be abandoned and ruined.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I went to see the new cut scenes from the Pirate quests and they are awesome. They have VOICE ACTING too!

It was kinda hard to understand but the songs made me lol. You guys should pay a visit.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

Just read Mod Mark's utterly [cabbage] response to the Corp bug. And then removed my membership. They really don't give a crap about their game anymore do they?

I can't see anything wrong with his explanation and he clearly states Jagex's reasoning for not doing a rollback. But if you feel it is enough to leave the game over, well, goodbye I guess?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Just read Mod Mark's utterly [cabbage] response to the Corp bug. And then removed my membership. They really don't give a crap about their game anymore do they?

I can't see anything wrong with his explanation and he clearly states Jagex's reasoning for not doing a rollback. But if you feel it is enough to leave the game over, well, goodbye I guess?

Add it to the long list of failures which Jagex have produced recently. Poorly produced quests, hand-held gameplay, the wilderness, bugs in every update, a QA team which seems to consist of a monkey scratching its own arse, etc etc. I'd rather save my £3.20 a month.

asrhasrh.jpg

Add it to the long list of failures which Jagex have produced recently. Poorly produced quests, hand-held gameplay, the wilderness, etc etc. I'd rather save my £3.20 a month.

Yeah, instead of all these thousands of hours of gameplay Jagex provide you can (almost) buy a McDonalds once a month!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Add it to the long list of failures which Jagex have produced recently. Poorly produced quests, hand-held gameplay, the wilderness, bugs in every update, a QA team which seems to consist of a monkey scratching its own arse, etc etc. I'd rather save my £3.20 a month.

With that attitude noone will miss you :shades: :thumbup:

Add it to the long list of failures which Jagex have produced recently. Poorly produced quests, hand-held gameplay, the wilderness, etc etc. I'd rather save my £3.20 a month.

Yeah, instead of all these thousands of hours of gameplay Jagex provide you can (almost) buy a McDonalds once a month!

Now now -- there's no need to get disgusting ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Number of people they'd have pissed off by rolling back would have been more than the number pissed off by not.

How do you know? Can you link me to the related survey? All I see here (as well as on the RSOF) are a couple of people gleefully trolling the masses of pissed-off people who are "jelly" about the whole sigil/torstol business.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.