12-Apr-2011- Clan Camp, Support and Web Pages

DarkDude

The new clan updates have arrived! We know that existing clans have many free-to-play members, so these new clan tools will be available to both free-to-play and members. They will give clans a real presence in the game, offering tools to help you organise and administer your clans, as well as ways to advertise and show your allegiance in-game.

In-game Clan Support

You will be able to create clans in-game and recruit new clanmates, assigning ranks and job titles to them. We are also offering two three new chat channels that you’ll be able to use: the current 'Clan Chat' system remains as it is, although we're renaming it to 'Friends Chat', while we're also offering access to a chat channel unique to your clan (and access to chat on another clan's chat channel as a guest, if the clan lets you...). You'll even be able to keep track of chat in all three channels at the same time.

The Clan Camp is the starting point for all of these features. Here, you’ll find everything you need to start a clan, and it's designed to be a place for clans to meet, recruit and plan. It will also be the staging post for clan content, and the place to go if you're curious about clans and want to ask a few questions.

Customisation

As well as your clan name, you will be able to set a clan motto, design a clan motif and assign colours that will be reflected in other clan features. You’ll have a vexillum (wieldable flagstaff) and a clan cloak to display your clan's motif around Gielinor, and you can stand the vexillum in the ground while you get involved in clan activities, 'marking your spot'. Passers-by will be able to access essential clan information and get in touch via the vexillum.

Clan Web Pages

Each clan will have their own web clan homepage, housing lists of clanmates, basic information and links to the clan's own clan forums, making the experience of managing a clan painless. Select keywords for your clan in-game, and others will be able to search for that keyword on the website, in an effort to find likeminded groups of players. You'll also be able to tag your vexillum and in-game clan noticeboards within these threads. Clan forums will allow you to keep secret 'planning threads' private, but will also allow public recruitment threads, to tempt and interrogate potential clanmates. Your clan forum is private and accessible by logging into your clan’s homepage and clicking on the forum tab. You may wish to bookmark your clan’s homepage for ease of access in the future. Finally, you will have clan hiscore tables, where you’ll be able to compare clan kills and skills.

Rated Clan Wars

As our first piece of new clan-specific content, we are releasing Rated Clan Wars. This is a redesigned version of Clan Wars, allowing clans to challenge each other directly. We'll have a rating system and ranking table as well, so you’ll be able to compete to be the best RCW clan.

We Want Your Feedback

We're offering clans a load of tools and features that we hope and expect you'll use constantly, so we need them to work for you. We've spent time talking to existing clans and clan leaders, trying to make sure we've selected the best and most useful features we possibly can, but we do want to see how you use them, so we encourage your ideas on how we can improve them.

To this end, we’ve set up two feedback threads: the Clans: Website Feedback thread and the Clans: In-game Feedback thread.

This is Just the Start

We hope you find these features to your liking, but, remember, this is just the start. For all this work to be worthwhile, we'll need your participation in creating clans, and getting involved in clan activities. It's up to you, with the help of our clan community J-Mods, to create and maintain a vibrant and varied clan community. We have created the infrastructure, but that's not where our plans end: we plan to keep an eye on your feedback, making improvements to the clan systems in the future.

For those of you who have already reserved clan names within the clan forums, you will find that your clan is ready for you now, with the leader and four others set up in ranking positions, ready for you to start recruiting immediately.

The RuneScape Team

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

All scimitar animations have been updated to use the same animations as the recently reworked dragon scimitar.

Some lunar brooms were sweeping the ocean west of the Fremennik Isles. They've been returned to Lunar Isle.

The floor viewed through the roof of the Piscatoris falconer's house can now be seen.

Players can no longer walk onto a square in Lumbridge that was causing them to sink slightly.

Some missing minimap icons in the Lumbridge Swamp have been returned.

The throwing knives animation has been altered to stop showing multiple knives.

Some flickering issues in the Mountain Daughter camp area have been fixed.

Flickering issues in the Champion's Challenge fight area have been fixed.

Some height mapping in the Wilderness has been fixed.

Flickering and occlusion issues in Tarn Razorlor's Lair have been fixed.

The Berserker, Protect Item and Turmoil curses will no longer cause a player to jump around if seated.

A lever in the Stronghold of Security no longer changes graphics when used.

A highlighted bowstring now looks the same as the non-highlighted version.

A gnome woman, south of Ardougne, no longer fires projectiles using a melee attack animation.

Zamorak robe bottoms are no longer green inside.

The Trollheim farm patch has had its flickering issues removed.

Zombie boots do not stick to the floor with virtus robe legs equipped.

Oziach's house has had some clipping issues fixed on the roof.

Players can no longer walk half-stand inside a wall next to Paterdomus Temple.

Items are now more visible when dropped in the Living Rock Caverns.

A raised tile in the Warriors’ Guild has been levelled out.

The Ardougne cloak no longer clips with robe bottoms while mining.

Audio

Dungeoneering two-handed swords now have sound effects when using the ‘block’ stance.

The living rock strikers now have sound effects when meleeing.

Some strange rustling sounds have been removed from Port Phasmatys.

Quests and Tasks

The ‘Totally Livid’ Task now appears completed correctly in the task list if a player has unlocked one spell.

The ‘What is this Place?’ Task once again appears in the Lumbridge Task List.

The ‘I've Changed My Mind!’ Task now requires the player to use regrowth on a Falador tree.

The Gamer's Grotto is now classed as Falador in the Task List.

The Elemental Workshop IV automaton no longer appears on the minimap if it isn't powered up.

Activities and Distractions

The vecna skull is now restricted using the ‘No Potions’ rules in Duel Arena and Clan Wars.

The vecna skull's cooldown is now reset on leaving a duel.

The overload potion's effects are now reset when entering a duel, in line with resetting all stats.

Miscellaneous

Players can no longer take body helms onto Entrana.

Pyrelord and forge regent familiars now move more intelligently when firemaking.

Castle Wars doors can now be closed from inside.

The evil spirit from Rum Deal now drops accursed ashes.

Quick Chat now correctly states the number of Livid Farm produce points that a player has.

Canoes are no longer listed as members-only in the skill advance guide.

Using a crossbow shortcut with a hidey-hole no longer gives messages about broken grapples.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are also offering two three new chat channels that youll be able to use...

Clear as always and I would gladly pay 1 Pound extra a month to hire some guys that actually check quality....

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

12-Apr-2011 - Clan Support Updating...

Todays clan support update is a complex one, and it will take us a little while to launch all of the in-game, website and back-end features and get them communicating with each other. As such, although you may seemingly be able to access some of the in-game features, they will not fully work until the back-end infrastructure is also in place.

Please bear with us as we make this update. It should only take a short while for everything to be in place. We thank you in advance for your patience.

The RuneScape Team

ib7rVm.png

Meh, will be usefull for large clans possibly.

I can't wait for next month (nothing but 'In other news' grade updates coming now)...

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I just dced in the middle of a fight, and I have the attack option on everyone out of the wildy.... shame it doesnt work. :/

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Luckily it doesn't work. At least not a second 'Falador Massacre'.

Edit: Some of the bugfixes are for stuff that came long ago, such as the Body Helmet...

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

The new hiscores page looks so ugly now... :/

Other than that, nice additions. Didn't really care much for the clans thing, other than the fact that clan chat is now called friends chat. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

3 (THREE) slashes to just talk in chat.. Who in their right mind thinks about such a thing..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

up to 500 people can enter a clan war :eek:

So that's what vengance group is for.... Might be helpful to give 50 of your teamates vengance when theres over 100 guys coming at you.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

So when will the HYT Clan begin anew?

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Cheater :(. This looks interesting.

Thought it was time to let someone else have a go at making the thread :P. Bet you by a decent amount of time too ;). You need to improve your tactics!

I was busy!

dungeoneering :thumbup:

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

What's a clan without reality meetings (bbq's, team building programs etc)? - Without this runescape clans will always be considered "kiddie clans" by the outside world.

Then they came for me

Who said that rs clans never meet up? I know plenty of clans that have irl meets, including myself. We are certainly not kiddies.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What's a clan without reality meetings (bbq's, team building programs etc)? - Without this runescape clans will always be considered "kiddie clans" by the outside world.

brb cooking rocktail for my bbq's

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

Who said that rs clans never meet up? I know plenty of clans that have irl meets, including myself. We are certainly not kiddies.

Maybe you are not, however the fact you can't discuss these things within those rules gives the IMAGE that jagex just caters towards kiddie-clans.

Then they came for me