New Website Design Open Beta

A couple of years ago now when we upgraded the forums, and got a nice pretty new skin for them, some of you probably wondered why the forum skin didn't match the website design. It generally looked (and still does look) a lot more polished and up to date than our aging website.

The reason for this was simple, the skin designer didn't pull this out of his head, he designed it from an early website redesign put together by us.

That was quite some time ago, and we decided that if we were going to create a fresh new look for the website, we should also probably code everything from scratch as well, and get rid of many of the unnecessary files and code snippets we have hanging around on the current website. We wanted to do lots of other things too, like making the URLs more friendly, and introducing more social networking aspects.

So the information you're actually probably reading this post for... the URL, and here it is:

http://open.tip.it

With the "open" being for our "Open Beta" which is what we're calling this stage of the launch. We'd like you, our users, to test drive the site, reporting to us any bugs you find, along with your feedback on newer features or changes.

You can report bugs to us in The Tracker. This allows us to easily keep track of your bug as it progresses through to being fixed. There is also a new forum in which you can discuss the website. You should avoid using the Tracker for this, as it is strictly for bugs only.

Also, I can't possibly post this without giving credit where it's due:

Designer

Coding Team

Soon you'll also be seeing some Developer Blogs/Behind The Scenes posts revealing how and why things were done the way they were!

Have fun on the new website!

Thanks so much to our designer and awesome coders <3: I am incredibly glad to see this finally released and so close to replacing our current design ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Great work guys! It looks amazing!

Lulz... it does look amazing. Mad props! :XD:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

This has been a long time coming... it's been such a long time since I saw the images, very nice to actually see it up and working. A huge congratulations and thank you to all involved.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Completely awesome, great work guys :thumbsup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Looks absolutely brilliant. Can't wait to dig into it. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Definitely looks nice, great job! It will take a bit of getting used to but still liking it. :)

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Yes!!! As other people said, it's been a long time coming. :) I am so excited to see it in open beta. Thank you to everyone who has spent their time on this project. :thumbsup:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg