worst scam attempt

Blakey89

Someone tried to change 10M to 100,004 or something like that. Usually when they try that I accept, then sit at the second trade window letting them sweat, thinking "Oh cabbage he can't miss it now." I take that time to remember their name to report. :twisted:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently my friend who lives in Holland or somewhere met this girl on Runescape who told him she was the daughter of the foreign sectary in the UK and she would be able to get him a VISA if he gave her stuff (She built up his trust over time)

Sadly to say, but he fell for it :-#

Benton38.png

some1 sed this to me when i was new.....

"give me your mith armour, i can turn it into rune"

"o...ok!" (playing along)

he takes me to wildy. i kill him with my lvl 30 range +steel arrows

got 55k :P

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Funniest SCam that ever happend to me was as followes (note I have posted it before, but it happend a while ago so if it is a little different, sorry)

Motertator(yes that was his username)-I can make all joo mods!

Person-Really? How can you do that?

Motertator-I work for jagex and they pay me to higher mods? Just give me your username and pas

(I reported him)

Me: ok my pas is youstink and my username is uranidiot

Motertator-N00b! Yur account is mine! (he logs out)

Me:Lol, noob....

bankad8.png

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Ok so one time i was scamming someone, the conversation went something like this:

Motertator(yes that's me)-I can make all joo mods!

Some random-Really? How can you do that?

Me-I work for jagex and they pay me to higher mods? Just give me your username and pass

(I reported him)

Them: ok my pas is youstink and my username is uranidiot

Me-N00b! Yur account is mine! (I logs out)

Them:Lol, noob....

Ok so i'm joking, yes i did copy and paste AreScope's story and edit it a little, sory, but i thought it'd be a fun idea at the time, i don't not, nor have i ever scammed anyone, and i don't think anyone has ever tried to scam me before, i've killed wildy lurers for friends though

maxsig28nv.gif

I once had a player named Javamods 2000 or something messaging me, claiming my account had been caught attempting to hack the Jagex database and the only way i could stay unbanned was to pay him 1mil and give him the answers to my recovery questions :D , "insta report" and blocked. :thumbsup:

Im back =]

A noob came up to me while I was strolling past the Pheonix gang and said "Giv mi fre muni end i wil dubel it" So I said "Die!" and began whacking him with my rubber chicken. He actually believed that I was hurting him so he started walking away, and then after about 10 seconds he found the run button. I heard him say in the distance "Help my". This really cracked me up so I kept whacking him.

Even though I was walking and he was running, he still couldn't get away from me. The whole chase lasted several minutes from Varrock to Rimmington, when he logged.

I will never forget that. :lol:

AHAHAHAHHAHA, i laughed my butt off at that for ages.

Its not really a scam but a guy added me not that long ago, name was Irvine4life8, an i was real nice to him an gave him sum steel armour that i made for training, and he claimed that i told him to shut up and said if i wasnt nice to him he'd report me.

So much for being a samaritan!

coldsteelx.png

coldsteelx.png

coldsteelx.png

Hey, yeah you, you in the Steel. Can you come with me? Yeah, I need you to get me an item. What is it? Are you kidding me? It is zammorak wine, you can only get it once, and I'll pay you for getting it.

Yeah, the sad thing is that it works. Lol.

Stupidest scam someone attempted on me.

"Gimmie your account and I will fill your bank with Phats."

Me:Yeah sure. Here you go. 12345

"It didn't work.."

Me:Because you don't know how to scam.

"You insulted me! I'm reporting you for offensive language!"

Me:This just makes it so much easier.

I have only been scammed twice. Ever.

The first time was when I was about level 50, I had just gotten full split, and someone offered 1m for it.

I was so excited, I was amazed when he added a Mith Full.

Then devastated when I got 10k and a Mith Full. I worked for months for the cash for that split.

The second time was about 2 weeks ago.

I was trying to buy 70 Dragon Bones for a friend, but got taken by the Big Bone switch. :x

I felt so stupid, lol.

selling rare black lobster that heals 40hp....

ummm...... for one i dont think that anyfood heals 40 hp....(I think)....... plus who in there right mind is playing runescape if they cant read burnt lobster on trading screen?!? :-k

We are talking about runescape here....

SKIMMYSTROWN AND BETTER THAN YOU.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=703695

this scam attempt was too funny, considering it involved a noob with a thieving skill cape. I was making body runes while going to/from edgeville, and this happened:

capenoob: yo..give me all your items

me: why should i? i earned them fair

capenoob: fine then, i'll rob your bank

me: how:

capenoob: i have a thieving skill cape, which means i can rob anyone's bank

me: meh....wtevr

i add the skillcape noob to ignore and immediately report for item scamming, then start laughing secretly...

icewarswa2.png

my other tip.it thing which i just found out the p/w to is myeman60...

My collection:

Scammer: Free armor trimming!

Me: *reports* Can you trim mine?

Other people: Don't do it, this is a scam (and stuff like that)

Me: (After PMing everyone with "I know") *trades him a bronze med helm... Draynor manor was close*

Scammer: Haha noob *runs away*

Me: *runs after him*

Then he proceeded to tele to Lumby via Home Port near Draynor bank. Then I quickly whipped out a few laws and a bunch of elemental runes, and used the quicker Lumby tele. Then he teled too, a few more times, after going to the bank to get out runes too (I assume) and I followed (Once he teled to Lumby and I teled to Varrock instead, but then I had luck and got it correct... it was a "Teleportation chase")

Then at Falador:

Scammer: OMG, I'll give you 5k if you leave me alone!

Me: *gets it... I was thinking how dumb this scammer was for a while, but at this point I was genuinely falling off my chair laughing*

Me: Thank you... you know, you could have just logged out.

Scammer: Fuak u (something like that) *then he logged off... or maybe added me to ignore, I didn't really care.*

Free profit, he gave me more than the laws costed. But... like wtf is this?

Another one:

At Edgeville:

Scammer: (PM) I can sell you a Santa hat for 100k, do you want one? (and similar ones in other occasions)

Me: Sure! (First I thought he just didn't know the price of it, but that was just a bit suspicious, and why would he choose me in the first place?)

Scammer: Ok... I am training at the monastery, just come quickly!

At this point, as this happened a lot of times, I did three things:

1. First (and usually) I just came from the south, running like crazy, with the 100k. He didn't think twice about logging off \' At least I surprised him.

2. Once, we were returning with my team from PKing to bank loot and get food, or we were about to start, so this happened:

Me: (To all my friends in PM) Guys, spread out at the multicombat area nearest to the monastery. We have a scammer here.

Friends: (Back) Ok *all of them confirm*

Then I got food, laws, 2 nats and elemental runes out from the bank, plus my rune stuff, and proceeded to the monastery from the north. As the scammer attacked me, I just ran inside. (He binded a few times, but then I just ran deeper after. He was a lousy PKer) Eventually he got into a multicombat area with me, then I just cast a bind on him and then he got a ticket to Lumbridge :)

It seems I get the dumbest scammers from all :mrgreen:

And another thing:

Scammer: Follow to win 500k! Not a scam! (at this point I know it is a scam)

Other people who believe this, or maybe they were his other accounts: Follow to win up to 500k! Not a scam!

Me: Follow to "win" "500k"! "Not" a scam!

(after repeating this a few times, the scammer gave up after about 3-4 mins. However, he managed to get reported for offensive language, Jagex staff impersonation and... finally, multiple logging in!)

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

my friends friend (in real life) had a really bad scam done on him in rs and he fell for it!! he told me tht som high lvl told him 2 follo. SO he did. he took him into really far wildy and sed

him:"giv me your armour or ill kill u"

he was wearin full addy and sed

"ok just dont kill me!"

such a rubbish scam and my friend fell for it

Anyone involved in the 'trust' scam? When a person collects people through a fake drop party then scamming them into the trust game. The person gives points to the valuables traded to them, they then give the items back gaining the preys' trust. The scammer says once they reach -blank- amount of points they will give them something like a party hat..course when everyone trades their best items for more points the scammer doesn't trade it back and before anyone can warn others he/she takes everything and loggs. :-s I just tried to tell everyone what was up but they wouldn't pay attention...then they got mad at me when they got scammed! 00ps your freakin fault!

once i was merchanting rune scimmy...

this guy put up a rune scimmy.. i put 25k

he change the rune to iron in such a slow manner it looks so funny

there is like a 0.5 seconds puase between..

lol lvl 1 scamming lvl?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I was once at a drop party and the dropper droped a bunch of rune mystic and ect.... I scored a dragonstone, full rune and white mystic boots \'

I asked how come he droping and he says cause he can always make back cause hes main is a high level,I checked hes 99 in everything.

I asked how he's so rich and he says he changed hes pass to 'bankspace' and 1m comes to his bank ever time. I didn't fall for it. But everytime his main logs on I ask him if I can see his p hats

<3:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

:lol: Do you mean the worst scam ATTEMPT or the worst scam, as in the most hurtful one? Well the worst attempt was someone telling me I could get full rune by changing my password to rune items for 5 minutes XD the most hurtful one if it was successful was probably when people be your friends and after like.... a year they start to bug you for items and crap and never pay you back... I guess that qualifies as a scam?

blackmrune,Alexander29.gif

Someone tried to tell me that if I gave this person my rune (g) body this person would make it into a yellow and blue party hat.

The worst thing with this I think is that this person couldn't have been new to the game, for which newb knows about party hats? Maybe someone, but the majority does not. This person must have played the game a long time, and maybe this person had tried scamming people in diffrent ways all the time?

That's what scares me...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

this isnt quite the worst scam, but actually a pretty good one

i was at a friends house and i guess he wanted to impress me by like quadruple logging and massive multi-tasking, i guess it was kinda funky but then his main gets pmed by a non-mod who says, i believe ur multiple logging, then he says like, one of ur acc was wc(and it was), and ur other acc has 30k in it(and it did), lol if i hadnt known him better id be laffing at him, but it was pretty scary, he quickly logged out of all of them then blocked that guy, he wasnt a mod but had some hack to like watch other screens or sumthing..or search ips

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

Someone said there was a great new combat minigame in the Lumbridge cave and gave me a candle and said it would protect me down there (I'm combat 91, shouldn't I know that stuff?). I agreed but I had my lantern with me, so he thought that I was going to die, so after a while he ran around a bit and then teleported and logged out.

The reason I agreed to going down there in the first place was that I had been his friend for a week or so, it's a pity that people can do such things to their friends just for money :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

• 5 months later...
"I'm at green dragons right now, just come over here if you want to sell that , okay? I'm muted, so just walk right up and trade me"

And lemme guess, he was PMing right? :^o :lol:

Here's mine

was on f2p world giving away some iron and steel weps and shields that i dropped days ago, and this just happened through pm.

Noob: Hello, im a jagex "administrator" (check this)

Me: Oh yea, and where's ur crown?

Noob: im an admin, not a mod.

Me: (playing along) Oh, hi then

Noob: Wanna become a member?

Me: Im already a member, dont u see the d long? (we were both in lumbridge palace)

Noob: Jagex thinks that u're a good person.

Noob: we'll place 50millions in ur bank and u'll become a mod

I was about to ask if Jagex wasnt supposed to contact us through the message center and before i could press "enter" he logged out.

Like an hour later, he logged back and asked me if i did wanted to become a mod. I played along and said yes, after making him some questions that made him doubt. Then he asked me to answer 2 questions. 1: Do you belive u deserve to be a mod? I said yes. 2: U think u're able to hold a carrer such hard as being a mod? Yes. Then he asked me for my password. 10231023 i said. A little later he said that it wasnt right. "oh lemme log out and check whats wrong" i said. I logged, then i went back and said:

Me: Oh yea, it was wrong. This is the right one:

1023reportedlol.

¨)

¸.´¸.*´¨)

(¸.´ (¸.Lilith1023

Lilith1023.png