Tip.It Times - 11th March 2012

tripsis

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

EDITORIAL PANEL DISCUSSION THREAD:

This thread is for discussing and debating the week's articles. If you would like to comment on the overall structure or direction of the Editorial Panel, please use the discussion topic in the Website Discussion forum.

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

[hide=Read these rules before posting in this thread]

Rampant flame wars have taken control of virtually every week's times discussion topics. The following guidelines must be followed when posting on this topic. Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed.

1. You are invited and welcome to express like or dislike on articles and a particular author's writing style. It is not acceptable, however, to flame or personally insult an author. Posts that aren't anything but an attack will be removed from the topic.

2. Spelling and grammar errors can be reported to tripsis by PMing her and they will be fixed promptly. It is not necessary to post them on the discussion topic.

3. Off topic posts that do not discuss the content of that week's articles will be removed. This is not the place to discuss the direction of the times, how much you love or hate the times, etc. Off topic posts will be removed.

By keeping within these guidelines, Times discussion topics will mean more for the Panel and Administration than just a place for flame wars. Flame wars do not provide any useful feedback to the Times, which is mainly what we're aiming for with these topics: feedback.

This policy is effective as of now, November 17, 2010. Any posts prior to the creation of this policy may or may not be removed according to the new guidelines.

[/hide]

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to @tripsis :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

No did you know this week?

For the first article, life is a lot like that. It is said that no one on their death bed wishes that they had spent more time in the office. It's probably true that in 30 years some of us will look back on all of the time that we "wasted" on a stupid game, and regret it. I plan on doing that, but for now I really enjoy my time spent, so hopefully I will have mixed feelings at best.

Second article was a bit too ranty for my likes; it could've mentioned at least something positive. Yes the game is laggy, and yes it is Jagex's fault for the most part, and yes I miss running max settings without lag, but there really have been some amazing updates.

I suppose that the updates aren't amazing if you can't go there without white-screening though....

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

As I understand it, all the game engine team is doing currently (apart from the usual side issues and small things to fix) is trying to stop the fps problems. That's it. No other new content. And as far as I've heard, they have had some success: the amount of players with fps problems is steadily dropping in most fansites.

Sucks to be you, but jagex are working on it and there's really very little more they can do. The people who made the squeal of fortune etc are not the same people who can fix your fps, so don't use that as an example of them wasting time before resolving the "real" issue with the game. As for the f2p stuff, well, jagex didn't want you taking pride in not giving them money, so that in my opinion is fair enough.

AS for "doubt", I'm currently enjoying the game. Still, if you aren't, then by all means quit. Just don't assume that everyone feels doubtful as well, because I'm happy about what I've done (it's been most enjoyable) and what I'm doing. The game is steadily improving, and I'm having fun while it's doing that, which is how I want things.

I'm not an efficienado.

Lag? What lag?

[hide]50fps.png[/hide]

Am I really the only player who has had solid 50 fps all the time? My computer isn't even particularly good... :unsure:

It's not dependant on your specs(or rather, in general it is but not these particular problems). It's just a matter of being lucky with hardware incompatibilites or not. You are lucky I guess.

Lag? What lag?

[hide]50fps.png[/hide]

Am I really the only player who has had solid 50 fps all the time? My computer isn't even particularly good... :unsure:

It's not dependant on your specs(or rather, in general it is but not these particular problems). It's just a matter of being lucky with hardware incompatibilites or not. You are lucky I guess.

I think we really need some sort of "dynamic poll" that can reliably show how many people actually have these problems: as I understand it, fewer and fewer people do and it's turning into a more "unlucky for some" than "lucky for few".

I have an ageing computer, so I'm generally hitting 20-25 fps which seems reasonable.

I'm not an efficienado.

sounds like we have some burnt out contributors...

Yeah I kinda am after working through the night to have an article ready at all... We were promised an article that still wasn't delivered to us, so I wrote my article last night instead of having a whole week more to do it...

I apologise if the quality of my article isn't up to standard, but I've yet to run out of inspiration...

Writers block is not known to me!

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Reading these has made me want to write my own article...

At the risk of sounding stupid, who I contact about it? :unsure:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I don't know what I would do if Runescape ended.

For one, I would stop all of the outdoors, social things I have been doing to cram as much nostalgia as I could into the game. I haven't played in 18 months but can't stand the idea of RS not being here.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

Guest jrhairychest

Second article was a bit too ranty for my likes; it could've mentioned at least something positive. Yes the game is laggy, and yes it is Jagex's fault for the most part, and yes I miss running max settings without lag, but there really have been some amazing updates.

Agreed. I don't recall lending my name to that article signature either......................................

Reading these has made me want to write my own article...

At the risk of sounding stupid, who I contact about it? :unsure:

You can send guest articles to Tripsis.

Ahk. Thanks! :)

Next task: write an article. :lol:

(Got about 250 words so far, no idea how long it will be)

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

600 words should be plenty, but you can always contact me if you need help...

Btw did anyone get the

reference?

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Agreed. I don't recall lending my name to that article signature either......................................

Eh? You are disloyal to Jagex? :P

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Probably means that he IS a loyal player, but does not agree with what is being said in the article...

The latter of which should be the point of discussion :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

You say you don't want to leave a brother behind. So true, but sometimes, it's best to move on at the proper moment. There are decisions in my past that I accept, not saying it was easy, but knew it was time to move on. But sometimes, we are given those second chances. That's why I gave runescape a second chance and started playing again. Not for nostaligic sake because this game is not RSC or RS06 or whatever. This game is here and now. Accept it or leave it. Accept it for all its good and bad. Leave it for all its good and bad. I can only speak for myself though. I will continue to subscribe as long as I enjoy the time spent. The day it becomes too cumbersome for me to keep up with, I'll drop it like I did previously. The joy of this game is that you can pick up and start back up wherever you left off previously. That's a reassuring fact in my mind that allows to come back day after day or after a break.

Thanks for the articles! :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Could've been worse... I could've used the title for an article on bots :P

Glad to see SOMEONE knows what I'm talking about though :)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Lag? What lag?

[hide]50fps.png[/hide]

I get 50 fps, but I have horrible lag. For some reason, JaGEx doesn't like me.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Those were two depressing articles.

hate to say it, but this. Possible to request positiveness next week? :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Those were two depressing articles.

hate to say it, but this. Possible to request positiveness next week? :lol:

My article planned for next week is quite positive :grin:

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato