The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Kind of screws over skillers, considering they have to constantly have a weapon unsheathed to show their combat.

Also areas like combat minigame waiting rooms/ duely need to show combat all the time.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Kind of screws over skillers, considering they have to constantly have a weapon unsheathed to show their combat.

Also areas like combat minigame waiting rooms/ duely need to show combat all the time.

They mentioned PVP areas would show combat, I imagine it's the same areas that the Solomon Store items disappear. That would be the simplest solution..

Also, I like that their beta updates seem to be getting better over time, now. I am more excited that I was that they will manage to create something good.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They mentioned PVP areas would show combat, I imagine it's the same areas that the Solomon Store items disappear. That would be the simplest solution..

Also, I like that their beta updates seem to be getting better over time, now. I am more excited that I was that they will manage to create something good.

Yeah it says in PvP areas it'll show it; also I fail to see how it screws anything at all.

I mean what value does a combat level hold when you are not doing combat? It's been a long request feature that we show total level outside of combat.

Plus even with that aside how is it an issue? You can sheathe and unsheathe at will with a simple key press; if you REALLLLLLLLYYYY want to show off your combat level whilst skilling just have weapons unsheathed

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

ht8cK.png

Is it just me, or do the scimitars look really short?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Yeah, but scimitars can be short, it's appropriate for a fast weapon. Not to mention they are still a good half metre long. The new looks are a lot better than the crappy old ones, I hopethe rest will come quickly :D.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, but scimitars can be short, it's appropriate for a fast weapon. Not to mention they are still a good half metre long. The new looks are a lot better than the crappy old ones, I hopethe rest will come quickly :D.

Would look a hell of a lot better if they weren't held over the shoulder, but that will probably be fixed, unless of course the hordes of players that voted for the current d scim get their hands on it, they'll keep it just because it looks "badass".

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Found a few more updated weapons, black weapons are also updated.

Is it just me or do the black weapons sort of look like Morrowind's ebony weapons? The longsword in particular looks like an ebony broadsword.

That, or a one-handed version of the Greatsword of Artorias from Dark Souls. Not that I'm complaining either way.

Some nice changes this patch. Makes me even more excited for the full release.

Why they changed GWD items to 70, I don't know. Now there isn't any tier 75 armor. GWD armor was more difficult to get than Barrows gear, but oh well.

The new weapons look really nice. The only thing I feel is missing now is a revamped tutorial covering the changes and addition of the action bar.

When did celestial staffs become elemental staffs? I'm not sure, but it makes me VERY happy =D

• Like 1

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Correct me if I'm wrong but same tier means bandos/subjugation/armadyl will have the same stats as their barrows counterparts, the only differences will be the negligible costs and set effects? What was the point in the god wars dungeon update then? Aside from the few people who really hate paying repairs, nobody will be using all the new amour they just hyped and released.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but same tier means bandos/subjugation/armadyl will have the same stats as their barrows counterparts, the only differences will be the negligible costs and set effects? What was the point in the god wars dungeon update then? Aside from the few people who really hate paying repairs, nobody will be using all the new amour they just hyped and released.

Each department of Jagex is completely out of touch with one another, and even more out of touch with the player base.

• Like 6
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Boots, gloves and amulets might still be useful. Maybe this is Jagex's way of dealing with GW being overcrowded? XD

But seriously, it's dumb.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Barrows should be weaker than GW gear. GW gear is a lot more expensive, and requires a lot more work. Without the other bonuses (like ranged attack, mage attack, mage % dmg, or str bonus) it becomes useless. It would have the same stats as the other armors and only value being non-degrade.

I liked when it was lv75 tier, it was nice to have all those tiers exist.

• Like 1

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Or a response to complaints about GWD armor being stronger than Barrows/close to Nex gear. Those were surprisingly common before.

They should have done what they do best, ignore them.

• Like 1

They probably just put a random number in and only fix it if a significant portion complain.

That's horrid. Where do they get balancing their numbers??

Sara amulets might have been intended to be cheaper versions of the fury for each type of style once they balanced out. I'm not as upset about that as the other changes with the GWD armor.

hzvjpwS.gif

So I tried to do God Wars for the first time at EoC. I died and lost full Torva, Fury, Zerker(i), and about 300k in pots, while getting my 10 killcount on Goblins. I am not sure if the Goblins are on 'roids or I am just terribad. After going back and getting my KC, I ended up getting Bandos boots.

I was using the various abilities based on their descriptions, for example, I would use the ability which stuns the enemy, then I would use the one which does additional damage to stunned enemies, then I would do DoT abilities, until I could do my best ability. I still did horrible.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Or a response to complaints about GWD armor being stronger than Barrows/close to Nex gear. Those were surprisingly common before.

Nex gear should have received a significant buff, as it was ridiculous that 30m a set gear was almost as good as 500m a set gear. Instead of choosing the obvious solution, Jagex brainstormed about the stupidest possible solution to the problem and rolled with that.

Asmodean <3