New skill at the end of 2013

Kaur

So there will be a 4 year gap inbetween skills? Just pathetic.

I know, Jagex should just put all their development time and resources into constantly churning out skills regardless of how shit they are! /sarcasm

I know, right!

There has been not a single good suggestion in years for a new skill.

/sarcasm

Honesly I think that archaeology skill would tie with runescape and future questing. Although I think it needs a name change.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I know, Jagex should just put all their development time and resources into constantly churning out skills regardless of how shit they are! /sarcasm

I know, right!

/sarcasm

Honesly I think that archaeology skill would tie with runescape and future questing. Although I think it needs a name change.

The only problem I have with archeology is that it ties so well into old quests. (Same with a lot of other skills) and it feels odd to not have those quests updated, but it would be a mammoth project.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I know, right!

/sarcasm

The only problem I have with archeology is that it ties so well into old quests. (Same with a lot of other skills) and it feels odd to not have those quests updated, but it would be a mammoth project.

you grow a tree in legends quest with herblore...

Whatever it is I am sure very few people, if any, will have correctly guessed what it is. Did anybody ever imagine Dungeoneering would be a skill?

Actually, yes.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Whatever it is I am sure very few people, if any, will have correctly guessed what it is. Did anybody ever imagine Dungeoneering would be a skill?

Actually, yes.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/257212-new-skill-research-roleplaying-dungeon-master/

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Can anyone summarise so i dont need to listen to an hour long podcast?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Basically:

- There's going to be an update to the Exp gained in solo Dungeoneering at the end of the year.

- Player owned Ports will be quite a big update and be aimed towards very high level players, introducing new gear above the current but not to 99.

- A massive quest focused on some of the earliest characters in the game will be released in 2013.

- More focus on the signature heroes. Owen and Ariane will both have quests released about them.

Sylpheed.png

Basically:

- There's going to be an update to the Exp gained in solo Dungeoneering at the end of the year.

- Player owned Ports will be quite a big update and be aimed towards very high level players, introducing new gear above the current but not to 99.

- A massive quest focused on some of the earliest characters in the game will be released in 2013.

- More focus on the signature heroes. Owen and Ariane will both have quests released about them.

They said Ozan not Owen

Also they said Ariane = wizards guild rework

Ozan = al-kharid rework

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Basically:

They said Ozan not Owen

Also they said Ariane = wizards guild rework

Ozan = al-kharid rework

Oh he said Ozan? My bad. Yea...I forgot about the area reworks coming with them lol, I listened to the podcast last night and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep 10 minutes before it ended.

Sylpheed.png

Actually, yes.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/257212-new-skill-research-roleplaying-dungeon-master/

Oh sorry my bad... Well I never thought anything like that would be a skill!!

Avid43.png

I'm excited for player-owned ports with weapons/armour up to 90 :)

Finally, our player-owned shops will get introduced (basically player owned ports I think).

Not from the runfest info.

Runefest info was you have to invest time and money into the port to get ships and attract captains.

These can then be sent on missions to unknown exotic islands to gather resources, some of which will be rare possibly untradable resources used to make new weapons and armours.

Nothing shop-like to it, more of a hybrid between construction/poh and mtk.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Indeed, that would be a great skill!

There was a suggestion on RSOF years ago about a skill involving plundering/exploring of islands that sounded awesome too.

I'm excited for player-owned ports with weapons/armour up to 90 :)

Finally, our player-owned shops will get introduced (basically player owned ports I think).

Not from the runfest info.

Runefest info was you have to invest time and money into the port to get ships and attract captains.

These can then be sent on missions to unknown exotic islands to gather resources, some of which will be rare possibly untradable resources used to make new weapons and armours.

Nothing shop-like to it, more of a hybrid between construction/poh and mtk.

I'm still waiting for this one and hope it lives up to its potential. I've always looked at MTK and the various daily collection NPCs (staves, flax, seaweed, sand, etc) as a legal and controlled version of botting. On top of that, I loved how they introduced the concept of training NPCs for better game benefits (Burgh d'Rott).

I just imagine Player Owned Ports to be an amalgam of both of these in addition to using other skills (mainly construction) and quest completions. You build shops and stock/improve them. You train NPCs to improve their abilities of whatever they're gathering/processing, you complete quests which increase the types of NPCs you can interact with, etc. The more you play the game, the more you're able to utililze more aspects of POPs.

But I'm going to assume it won't be that.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I feel like there's already a boatload (no pun intended) of skills in runescape already. why keep adding more? if anything, they should just start grouping certain things with each other.

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

I feel like there's already a boatload (no pun intended) of skills in runescape already. why keep adding more? if anything, they should just start grouping certain things with each other.

New skills make a lot of players happy as it creates another way thing to set as a goal. The issue with adding new content to skills we already have, is that those skills already have players who have maxed them, so it becomes a different balancing act.

I agree that a lot of ideas can be folded into current skills, and I feel like a lot of skills need to be worked on. However I don't think that there is no reason to add a new skill if it has a solid idea.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I've always looked at MTK and the various daily collection NPCs (staves, flax, seaweed, sand, etc) as a legal and controlled version of botting.

Can you explain this a little more please? I'm a bit confused.

c98.gif

Your hustle's busted when you can't afford a cigarette.

I've always looked at MTK and the various daily collection NPCs (staves, flax, seaweed, sand, etc) as a legal and controlled version of botting.

An investment of 750k (over ten days) will net you several million GP in stuff. It's like a form of controlled botting because you can literally just set your account and bam, the stuff you get will literally pay for itself.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

An investment of 750k (over ten days) will net you several million GP in stuff. It's like a form of controlled botting because you can literally just set your account and bam, the stuff you get will literally pay for itself.

He means something like a set-it-and-forget-it type thing/

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

He means something like a set-it-and-forget-it type thing/

Yeah, it's a 'shortcut' around normal grinding to gain GP/XP, so... kind of.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg