New skill at the end of 2013

Kaur

It's going to be the horse riding-sailing-barbecue-transformation-superskill

You transform barbecues into other things while riding your horse on your ship.

That's transformers universe, man.

Not excited or looking forward to it at all really. I think sprucening up all of the old skills would be time better spent.

They already have been and still are doing that though, I mean past 2 years we've seen more tweaks and additions to most skills than we saw in the 8 years before that (ignoring staggered launch additions) and still are doing that. Sure there's still stuff to do but there always will be, that's the nature of a continually growing mmo in a world where the technically possibilites are always shifting. I mean one of the biggest updates due this year is doing some major game changing 'sprucing up' to like 13 skills. Attack, strength, def, mage, ranged, constitution, prayer, summoning, slayer, dungeoneering, fletching, smithing and crafting (and to an extent herblore) are all gonna be changed by the combat overhaul.

Herblore due to spec recover being repurposed and overloads etc. being allowed into the wildy

Fletching, crafting and smithing (possibly farming too) due to new armours and weapons (the 2h crossbows, shield bows, 'completing melee sets', more variety of mage armour etc.)

Slayer and Dungeoneering due to monster weaknesses and strengths becoming more prominent and worth focussing on, alongside more specific weaknesses for mage and such.

Summoning no doubt some familiars will be tweaked and tactic updates will possible change how it is used in combat a fair bit.

Prayer we already know we are getting some new prayers and it is being 'overhauled' so it could be changing a lot more than we've been told.

All the other combat stats are being spruced quite obviously through the new combat formulas and system and abilities.

And this is BEFORE we even learn about the big classified feature of the combat update they are revealing in the next video which could easily drag more skills into the mixture of being refreshed a bit by this change.

Edit: And of course I forgot one, runecrafting is going to be further changed (at least in use) due to mage spell costs dropping.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Fletching/Smithing/Crafting have not really been spruced up. All of their attempts to update these skills fail to pass the GE test ie. these updates can just be bought or sold, so what it really turns into is a great way for high skillers to make an extra 50-200k a day. Whoopdedoo.

These skills are in need of major revamp, on the level that herblore received.

I don;t see high level stuff that gets people using the skill as a failure, could more be done? Certainly. But these updates did get people using the skill, so to an extent is has worked I mean all those flasks and what not people buy cause they can't be assed to make them are being produced by players so people are using that skill enmass compared to previously. And as I said smithing, crafting and fletching are all due more content from this combat update anyway, not to mention further stuff coming to them via player owned ports.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Flasks are only a small part of the skill. On the way to 99 herblore, you make a ton of untradeable potions now as opposed to a ton of brews pre-update. For crafting/mining, you still spend most of your time making dragonhide bodies/mining gold, just slightly helped by flasks. It's not an overhaul, just a regular update. In the context of getting rich, for example, the mining/crafting levels for making flasks are totally not worth it compared to herblore levels for boss hunting.

Also flasks aren't high level, you need to be about 25-35% of the way to 99 to make use of them.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Flasks are only a small part of the skill. On the way to 99 herblore, you make a ton of untradeable potions now as opposed to a ton of brews pre-update. For crafting/mining, you still spend most of your time making dragonhide bodies/mining gold, just slightly helped by flasks. It's not an overhaul, just a regular update. In the context of getting rich, for example, the mining/crafting levels for making flasks are totally not worth it compared to herblore levels for boss hunting.

Also flasks aren't high level, you need to be about 25-35% of the way to 99 to make use of them.

Flasks may be only a small part of the skill, and they may be not "high" level based on your definition but that doesn't mean they had no impact. The nature of a depleted forcibly scarce resource like red sandstone makes them stable at a decent price. The same is true of renewal potions.

Yes I wouldn't call this complete revamps, however they are solid updates. Flasks give a solid profit method for a skill that didn't have much use otherwise.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

• 1 month later...

But I'm on a sofa, how will I level it?

If you use a sofa, you have to be careful. The lack of a desk, which means your laptop is in a lower position than it should be, can cause you to bend your wrists unnaturally. Make sure you're aware of the position of your hands, wrists, and arms and keep them in a comfortable, neutral position. Try putting pillows under your forearms. It'll help keep your shoulders and the rest of your arms relaxed and comfortable.

I'm excited for the agility update, though (hopefully I won't be 99 by then).

But I'm on a sofa, how will I level it?

If you use a sofa, you have to be careful. The lack of a desk, which means your laptop is in a lower position than it should be, can cause you to bend your wrists unnaturally. Make sure you're aware of the position of your hands, wrists, and arms and keep them in a comfortable, neutral position. Try putting pillows under your forearms. It'll help keep your shoulders and the rest of your arms relaxed and comfortable.

I'm excited for the agility update, though (hopefully I won't be 99 by then).

Thanks for the health advise but it is on a card table in front of the sofa. Also, I am in the middle of moving and will not be able to use my desk for 2 more weeks, hence the sofa.

Trying is just the first step in failure.

Fire_God.png

I would honestly be pretty surprised if Runescape was still around by 2014.

Wanna bet?

Seriously though, do you honestly believe that the game will be closed by 2014? From, let's say 500k members to closed in two years?

Wanna bet?

Seriously though, do you honestly believe that the game will be closed by 2014? From, let's say 500k members to closed in two years?

I don't think people realise that the only thing they NEED membership money for is server costs. Only when the amount of players gets so incredibly low that they can't afford them will the game be anywhere near closing down.

Sylpheed.png

My bet is on engineering.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Collectioneering/processioneering of some random new resource they introduce that slightly buffs existing gear is my bet.

I'd prefer skill reworks to releasing new skills though.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Really take for example agility: advanced courses?

That's like no change at all, it simply means you get "more xp for the same old course with a very slight twist".

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Really take for example agility: advanced courses?

That's like no change at all, it simply means you get "more xp for the same old course with a very slight twist".

If there is a slight twist on the course then there is a change :P would be too messy having two courses in the same area completely separate.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Imbuing would be nice. They could add their own twist to it so you could imbue potions to magically enhance them or imbue gears similar to how rings are.

On another note crafting does need some attention... It's been an abomination to see so many other MMOs have craft able magic gear up the butt yet we can't craft mystic or have much of any type of great cloth gear or accessory to craft. I am prepared to see people call me out on it, but even then I feel crafting should be on par with smithing and ideal it is not.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Imbuing would be nice. They could add their own twist to it so you could imbue potions to magically enhance them or imbue gears similar to how rings are.

On another note crafting does need some attention... It's been an abomination to see so many other MMOs have craft able magic gear up the butt yet we can't craft mystic or have much of any type of great cloth gear or accessory to craft. I am prepared to see people call me out on it, but even then I feel crafting should be on par with smithing and ideal it is not.

I mostly agree with that thought on crafting... though I must also say that there is Splitbark for mage armor, and that might prove to be half-decent after EoC. And while the focus should be different, I agree that it should be roughly equal to smithing - but smithing is more combat focused than crafting (currently and ideally).

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

We should be able to craft most gear. Gear that can't be crafted should have a way of crafting extra buffs onto it. Incorporate smithing into this and both skills would be better off if you ask me.

• Like 2

Wanna bet?

Maybe not closed, but irrelevant to the gaming world. Once they really become a poor mans WOW with compulsory adverts (like we now already have) constantly harrassing members, people will just move on to WOW.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Maybe not closed, but irrelevant to the gaming world. Once they really become a poor mans WOW with compulsory adverts (like we now already have) constantly harrassing members, people will just move on to WOW.

Can I just make a distinction here between advertising some outside product and advertising a promotion for your own game? Because if you've spent any meaningful time in F2P you'll know that they've been doing the latter for years now.