'Unfortunate' Lag ?

TheLad1

I can't even log in at all.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Have Jagex added lag to slow down XP gains - nothing would surprise me!!

Of course it wouldn't surprise you, you're on the lookout for something to complain about and someone to blame.

Actually, If you follow the threads I respond to I very rarely criticise Jagex, given in the main they do a good job in trying circumstances whereby they cannot please everyone. On this occaision I found it very surprising to be working fine up to 1pm & then 'Bang' the infamous 2 step start stop walking routine.

the_lad_1.png

Jagex deliberately lagging their game? That is the dumbest [bleep]ing idea I've ever heard.

• Like 6

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I think they should start doing random server restarts 1-2 per day, this would help with the bots, and the lag. Everyone know that leaving a computer on for a long time degrades performance, servers are the same.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

is anyone out there not lagging? I've tried several "low ping" worlds and getting the same thing

Haven't lagged at all today. Though, I am in F2P so less people.

Why would Jagex go out of their way to make the community mad? They already have such bad public image that doing something like this would ruin the business. It's just crappy servers, people.

To think they deliberately tried to ruin the gaming experience for their customers may be the stupidest thing i've ever heard...

By reducing excess operating costs, they are not trying to ruin the game for anyone. They are simply reducing excess costs. Its like buying a semi truck to haul around a canoe. If you could fit the product onto a smaller container without effecting the quality, then why not? There is no need to pay for a physical server to house virtual servers with a max player count 2000 players when they top out at 1200-1500 people.

As to double exp weekend and bot-watch, I think they are using it to collect data. I think they are trying to find out how long player are willing to play at a time and how their play style changes over long periods of time, then they will use this data to enhance their detection algorithms. Logically, a normal human can not keep a high rate of activity for 20 hours straight. Eventually, they will start to slow down, mess up clicking, etc. A bot would keep on doing the same rate and programmatically misclick between a certain time range for many hours.

I work in Server Infrastructure and I understand what you are saying, but it is my understanding that Jagex have been using virtuals for quite a while now. I don't think the lag is related to the server load, as it seems to be world independent, ie, logging onto the less popular worlds seems to still cause the lag. Also, I have no idea what kind of hardware Jagex is running, but for them to cut cost that would cause poor performance with their max incoming connections (2000), I think would be a poor move. Hard to retain players when the experience is bad....

w4M8t.png

is anyone out there not lagging? I've tried several "low ping" worlds and getting the same thing

I just logged on to world 25 and I'm not lagging at all, it did however take me a few minutes to finally log in from the lobby. :P.

I'm doing Artisan's so maybe I just don't notice it. Hehe.

• Like 1

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Next week on solomon: access to premium servers!

Shh. Don't give them any ideas. :ohnoes:

Uhh, sorry, but I kind of already did... In a way. ;)

Quick find code: 309-310-854-63983218

I actually love this idea. I'm not sure exactly what I would pay, but if I wanted certain game content to myself...it would be nice.

w4M8t.png

Next week on solomon: access to premium servers!

Shh. Don't give them any ideas. :ohnoes:

Uhh, sorry, but I kind of already did... In a way. ;)

Quick find code: 309-310-854-63983218

I actually love this idea. I'm not sure exactly what I would pay, but if I wanted certain game content to myself...it would be nice.

Play F2P games then, they've got the pay-to-win you're looking for. :P

If RS became like that I wouldn't bother with it anymore. Not paying a subscrition in addition to paying for solomon crap just to have an okay game experience.

• Like 1

2480+ total

Well, this lag wasnt too bad for me, it was DEFINETLY worse in high pop areas. So, on most worlds, places where there was only me, and not much going on i had little lag, but places like ge i had the two step...

and dg.. oh god.... servers werent displaying properly, so what on timers said was 20 mins was 30-40.... idk how you could floor.... fortunatly buy-sell summoning/smith doesnt require any movement!

also

AMG JAGIX CONSPIRACY PANIC

meamzed.png

Game ticks probably stretched out because of the much greater amount of user input, so there was much more stress on the servers which had to calculate player positions/item changes etc. Castle Wars games lasted 30 minutes of real time yesterday, apparently, and most dungeons went on longer in real time than game tick time.

Best part was trying to log in and getting the stupid login bug non-stop, thanks to all the people in their instances (DG/ Dom Tower etc).

Was quite fun in a way, the game almost seemed to become truly turn-based :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.