25-Mar-2013 - Wilderness Warbands

Unknown_Warrior

They really should have added an incentive to killing those with supplies... As it stands now I don't get why anyone would waste their time killing anyone but the wand bearer (outside of the griefing mentality).

100k per person killed that tries to run home...

Not a bad deal tbh...

And yes, I get the frustration of being killed, but EVERYTHING these FC's do to prevent everything descending into a massive melee can also be done by those who want to PK... They can blend in... Wolf in sheep's clothing story etc... And people still whine about dying to those wolves...

More on this in my Times article that is due on the 12th...

It will largely cover Warbands, but some EoC elements in general as well :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Warband FC has been hijacked by two former ranks (One of whom had started a new Warband FC thread on the official forums so can hijack it that way) and there is currently a truce between the new chat (Warbanding) and Warband PK.

9iajd1.png

pffft a truce, call themselves pkers!

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Now that Warbands is so safe with the clans , surely a large nerf is inevitable in the next couple of weeks? Im going to keep enjoying my 300k/day mining for now, but I just can't see it lasting.

Warband FC has been hijacked by two former ranks (One of whom had started a new Warband FC thread on the official forums so can hijack it that way) and there is currently a truce between the new chat (Warbanding) and Warband PK.

9iajd1.png

pffft a truce, call themselves pkers!

80% of all the chat are made up of skillers and grievers. The real pkers have left to 2k7.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if I should start doing warbands. What's the status on FCs now. Which one would be my best shot?

warband pk/pk warband/warbanding, you need T38 cape right now for shared worlds. All current info: http://warbandpk.webs.com/

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

There are rumours that a nerf of warbands is coming in soon - details can be found through the warband pk website. Supposedly halving the exp gained from warbands.

I'm not sure if it says anywhere on this thread, but I believe the rumours come after a Jmod podcast, or something like that. http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?74,75,761,64974354

Would be a shame if they nerfed it. Although it has obvious flaws - monopolised by a fc that charges people for ranks - it's still a piece of content that encourages a bit of interaction and a nerf would more than likely mean it becomes dead content.

There are rumours that a nerf of warbands is coming in soon - details can be found through the warband pk website. Supposedly halving the exp gained from warbands.

I'm not sure if it says anywhere on this thread, but I believe the rumours come after a Jmod podcast, or something like that. http://services.rune...75,761,64974354

Would be a shame if they nerfed it. Although it has obvious flaws - monopolised by a fc that charges people for ranks - it's still a piece of content that encourages a bit of interaction and a nerf would more than likely mean it becomes dead content.

A 50% nerf would still leave it some of the best xp in game for all the skills it trains

• Like 1

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm not sure if it says anywhere on this thread, but I believe the rumours come after a Jmod podcast, or something like that. http://services.rune...75,761,64974354

A 50% nerf would still leave it some of the best xp in game for all the skills it trains

Plus don't forget it stills takes the money sinking skills - Cons, Farming, Herb, Smith... Even with a 50% nerf I'd still do Cons through it, even if it took 40 days rather than 20.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Lol, I went to do Warbands for the first time ever, while waiting in Wildy, first thing that happens after 2-3 minutes, someone trying to kill me already.

Used Freedom, walked towards the wilderness wall, GG, ~200HP left, nice try though.

[hide]

So... The Wilderness...

Is it in The Wilderness? check!

Does it attract people to it? check!

Do they have to go in with more than the bare minimum? check!

Will people get something out of it by participating? check!

So it has all the elements of reviving what is known in the clanworld as the "Food chain of The Wilderness"...

A concept that explains why Clans were in The Wilderness in the first place. (1)The lonely skiller is attacked for his loot by a lonely PK-er. (2) The lonely PK-er might get jumped by a small team for his equipment. (3) The small team will be chased by a large team, (4) who then gets eaten by a clan, (5) who in turn get cleared by a large clan. (6) The small clan calls in its allies who soon face the allies of the other clan, and before you know it, a giant cluster-fight is underway, trying to break one anothers bank...

Prices go up, supplies are needed, the economy thrives, and skillers might actually make some money once again...

Unfortunately, Jagex released 07-servers, and almost any clan that was still left alive moved over to those servers because of their general disgust for the complexities of EoC combat... But the crowds at the Warbands suggest that not everyone has moved backwards in time...

[/hide]

So I'm not in to PK culture. I have experience PKing, both safe and dangerous. In fact, I do it once a year like I'm taking a pilgrimage to some Mecca. And while I generally don't like doing dangerous high risk PKing I can see how important it is. Also, I'm a skiller, which is why I am generally sad there is a possibly for a nerf to come. Whenever something is just too good we expect a nerf to come and history has shown Jagex does it. This time they have a reason too.

First I wanna say I love the exp from it, and while I hate stepping out there for anything, I will for 300k A DAY. That said, Warbands is just to damn safe to justify that amount. Players have been saying, "I hate Warbands. Earn your skills LEGIT" or "I love it, don't you dare nerf it." Some follow my line of reason and say, "Yes, we love and will do it every day but we KNOW that exp it just so damn OP". And then I started thinking about TS_Stromrage's earlier post, The Wilderness Food Chain. With this update I can 100% say Jagex knows this food chain but hit a snag. One FC managed to monopolize it, control it and like Chicago Gangstas delete the food chain. Tell me what small team, large team, or even small clan will attack a 100 man strong FC?

That is the point we reached. We got to step 3 but instead of a transition to step 4 FC decided to provide protection and monopolize what is now an industry. But I really think there is no need to nerf warbands. In fact, I think with a few changes we can get the food chain back on track. Well I had a few but I could only remember two at the time.

1) Instead of 1 big camp with 3 skills, have 3 camps with 1 skill each. Spread it across the wilderness so instead of having 50 people in on camp you can have 16 to 17 across the map. It gives a better chance for each medium pk teams to pk considering majority of the people who warband are non – pvper. Also, since people like to wait for certain tents for certain skills each a small team has a chance if only a few people go to a camp for say, farming, when most are looking for herblore.

2) Increase the level of the wand of treachery to level 75 and include a level 75 offhand such as the orb of treachery.

I’m sure I can come up with more but I do think it’s possible to improve warbands with out the nerf hammer coming down.

• Like 2

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

It's nearly impossible to get into one of the warband friends chat these days, and even if you do, you are quite likely to be kicked for people who pay the owner for VIP priority access. It's become quite frustrating.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Mod Chris L says there are talks within the development team about Warbands.

PleasedontnerfPleasedontnerfPleasedontnerfPleasedontnerf

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

What skill do you think is best after mining? I know ideally I should stop mining now and finish it with warbands, but I can't bring myself to stopping when it's so close zzz.

I am tempted to do farm, but that's probably the worst choice. But gp is not an issue for me, so the buyables are not much better. Any opinions?

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png