13-May-2013 - The Nexus

Octarine

How long does it take to get all of the experience?

Took me something like three hours.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I pulled out the obsidian armor from my bank.

It's got a lot of DR on it now.

I added it all up and its 45% w/o shield and 55% with.

I hear that you can donote 15k and get even more DR.

Is this any good at the kiln? I was trying to do it with virtus and an arcane shield but maybe this is better?

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

And there it said the exp rates were supposed to increase depending on your level!

Somebody didn't do their job.

QBD & KK easier to hit?

Not going to hold my breath on anything substantial there :(

QBD is pretty much back to where it was. Can't speak to KK.

Yeah i even got a few sub 2 minute qbd kills. Exciting.

Tell me where you got your primal weaponry from.

Mining picks and woodcutting hatchets no longer appear on the players back as well as in their hand when using them.

[sarcasm] New world record for fastest fix ever. [/sarcasm]

Worst part is this is probably one of their faster times >.<

• Like 3

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I hate these types of mini-games, it's always a bunch of people running around giving orders and no one knows what the hell they're talking about.

"Omali stop we need order in this one."

*two seconds later*

"Omali wtf r u doing dis 1 neds chaos"

*two seconds later*

"Omali stop it I already said order."

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I think it is not F2P for the sole reason because of the many other Gods that is unspoken of in F2P.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

And there it said the exp rates were supposed to increase depending on your level!

Somebody didn't do their job.

XP rates increase, up until level 40 prayer :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is it bad that I'm probably not gonna try this piece of content...ever?

We can not try it together!

Best friend! :D

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

One of the main things to annoy me with this update is the water colours really

Order = Sara

Chaos = Zammy

Battle = War = Bandos

Fealty sort of amounts on Control (as in by giving fealty to someone you give them control of you) = Zaros

Order is blue which is fine, but why is the bandosian one red, the zarosian one white and the zamorakian one purple?

Also I find the gameplay of it a bit clunky the 'glowing orb' to show which bowl you can't use is barely visible and most of the time looks identical regardless of it's colour. The lack of a logical link between the bowl colours and the water they produce is also a bit awkward in my books. The attached lore seems stretched and un-runescapey. What to do to achieve the bones is poorly explained and even if people understand it the free for all nature of it is a bit awkward for achieving it, most worlds only seem to get orange consistently if they are either quiet or theres a solid group yelling at everyone wtf to do (like me and clannies did on w60 for like 4 hours yesterday) and notably 99% of those giving instructions and knowing wtf do are HIGH levels who in the long run won't even be there.

It's a nice concept and for the first outting on a jmod it's not the worst we've seen, but to me it's not brilliant either - awkward lore, overly complex gameplay for the sake of it, stupidly narrow audience and various little grievances amount to a poor show imo. At the very least they could've made it f2p, I mean if your on p2p you can go do better methods regardless of level + I'd assume most scapers have surpassed much of the lower prayer levels this is aimed at before even getting p2p.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Change in Pop armour value in terms of item kept on death and to QBD/KK are probably the best parts this week.

and Nexus? Given it is aimed towards low leveled players, I am not surprised by how minuscule its effect is towards anyone else. However, it could have been implemented for f2p-ers as well... In the meantime, I think I'll pass.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

It's a shame this content is practically dead upon arrival. I made a post on RSOF not sure if anyone agrees but I'll post the same here since it's my general response to this update.

I like the idea behind this I really do. However I think the ball was dropped on this a bit though.

I would have made it a bit similar to RuneSpan where you get a currency and are able to buy some sort of cosmetic reward from a shop of some sort. I also would have made this either daily/weekly/monthly like sinkholes/skeletal horror/troll invasion.

With the activity having a shop and having the activity be playable daily, weekly or monthly would keep the content available for players to go back if they wish and have some incentive to continue playing it. Even if the experience were lowered once you got your initial 37k experience out of it I would have been okay with that.

Me personally I don't know if I will be able to go back once I get my 37k experience from it and I don't see why I would want to go back once I finished gathering my experience from this.

--TearGod.

xxteargodxx.png

So, as there was a star due to fall at Misthalin on W60, last night, I decided to attend the Nexus while I waited to see if the star landed at the swamp mine, south of Lumbridge.

All I can say is Wow! Just Wow!

There’s an hour of my life I am never getting back.

Total. Fricken. Snoozefest.

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

For P2P, this update does exactly nothing to get you over the initial levelling gap.

The amount of xp to 40 prayer is worth the following:

852    Accursed ashes (altar)        1    43.7
710    Big bones (altar)        1    52.5
473    Zogre bones (altar)        1    78.7
355    Babydragon bones (altar)    1    105
213    Wyvern bones (altar)        1    175
171    Infernal ashes (altar)        1    218.7
148    Dragon bones (altar)        1    252
127    Fayrg bones (altar)        1    294
111    Raurg bones (altar)        1    336
86    Dagannoth bones (altar)        1    437.5
76    Ourg bones (altar)        1    490
60    Frost dragon bones (altar)    1    630

Copied from the Tip.it calculator (the one is the required level).

Now, looking at those, almost all of them will take less than an hour of altaring, even if you use w31 house parties without teleports it should take an hour tops to altar 800 items.

The money required to do get 40 prayer would amount to some 666k (convenient no?) with frost dragon bones, or as low as 340k with dragon bones. It would take a whopping five minutes to altar all the frost dragon bones.

So, as new player, you have the following choices:

1) Fight a variety of monsters and complete random tasks until you have 350-700k cash, then buy the level.

2) Play the Nexus for a couple of hours.

Yeah... I'm guessing 2 is not only the slowest, but also the most boring. It also has potential as most annoying, if the teamwork aspect fails.

I don't see any use for this except in F2P, and frankly, F2P deserves some real content, something better than this.

===

Some people might say that new players wouldn't find w31 house parties, so this update would help them, but in my opinion it is a bad thing to lead new players into inefficient and afk-based methods instead of leading them to community-based efficient methods which involve playing the game.

• Like 5

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted