11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

I sent out all 3 ships last night around 9:30 PM EST. One was a 7 hour voyage. The others were 4 hours and 40 some minutes long. Logged in this morning around 6:30 AM and none of my voyages were finished. Checked their progress and they all had 1 minute remaining on their voyage. Around a minute later, they all completed their mission at the same time. Didn't effect me any because I am not going to get up during the night to check ships. Just thought it was pretty weird.

Decided to get that third ship first before doing only scythe missions. I have all the slate, now I need 1500 more bamboo... annoyingly little amounts per day, might take 2 more days. Funny that if you focus on the lowest islands, the special voyages still focus scythe.

Once I have the third ship, it will be all out to scythe for me to get that lovely cherrywood!

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

I sent out all 3 ships last night around 9:30 PM EST. One was a 7 hour voyage. The others were 4 hours and 40 some minutes long. Logged in this morning around 6:30 AM and none of my voyages were finished. Checked their progress and they all had 1 minute remaining on their voyage. Around a minute later, they all completed their mission at the same time. Didn't effect me any because I am not going to get up during the night to check ships. Just thought it was pretty weird.

Upon login it will notify you that your ships completed after a minute or so, thats just how it works.

If you woke up at the time they arrived and waited for a minute you'd have seen the same thing

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Upon login it will notify you that your ships completed after a minute or so, thats just how it works.

If you woke up at the time they arrived and waited for a minute you'd have seen the same thing

I disagree. I think his problem lies in the fact that there was a system update this morning, and that voyages automatically go to their "soon..." status no matter how much time is remaining and stay there until you login after the update. The game notifies you your ships have come in within seconds normally, not a minuter or so.

Flyingjj.png

Well i thought id just post this i guess i just have really horrible luck. I only have 2 scroll pieces anyone else been this unluckly? So far im 30% into the scythe im doing that switching thing to bang out some arch missions for my 3rd ship then back to cherywood overnight. I have failed about 6 or 7 scroll missions all with at least 60-80% chance of success.(i even used boosts pack things and still fail) Ohh one other thing i noticed i think the XP tomes go up as you get them. First tome is 10k in the skill then after you do that one the second in that same skill is 15k. Not sure how much the xp would keep going up anyone know? 20k next seems most likely but if it keeps climbing up to 50k or higher could be a nice way to get a little extra xp.

My second 10k Captain; definitely a winner :D

I'm kinda derpy with the link. Sorry lol.

Nicee.png

very nice!

Only once I got a 10k captain and couldnt grab it at that time, now I have 50k chimes sitting there and all I get is rubbish :S

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Does anyone know how exactly does the Barmaid's trip work? Can it only be accepted on Thursdays? Does it reset like penguins and you can do it all week? Does it reset like shattered hearts statue so you have to wait a week from the day you last did it?

Asking this because I have 6 hour voyage on my third slot and still plenty of voyages undone. And no, I'm not going to reroll my voyages.

Does anyone know how exactly does the Barmaid's trip work? Can it only be accepted on Thursdays? Does it reset like penguins and you can do it all week? Does it reset like shattered hearts statue so you have to wait a week from the day you last did it?

Asking this because I have 6 hour voyage on my third slot and still plenty of voyages undone. And no, I'm not going to reroll my voyages.

You can only accept it on Thursdays. I assume your third slot voyage is for trade goods/Winds' Home? Send it out then ask the Barmaid for her tip before the reset.

The tip voyage will persist until you send it out or reroll it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Dont care much about scrolls as trade goods aren't easy to get, so far i mean. Personally im focusing on port upgrades rather than scrolls/trade goods missions. Working on bamboo stockpile atm.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

I'm a bit further than the noobs' island quest... It's for 3x plate.

Thanks for the quick answer, guess I'll have to focus on The Arc to get the extra voyages out of the way quick. Not getting Captain rank tomorrow after all :(

Is Captain confirmed at 1200 port score? It's not at 1000.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'm a bit further than the noobs' island quest... It's for 3x plate.

Thanks for the quick answer, guess I'll have to focus on The Arc to get the extra voyages out of the way quick. Not getting Captain rank tomorrow after all :(

It is confirmed not to be less than 1150 iirc. 1200 Follows the progression of +400 for each rank so it makes sense.

I hit the Bowl region a few hours ago. I'm really hoping I succeed my barmaid's tip for a 800 jade jump start in the region.

BCpUJ.png

Looks like they put in some actually fitting cartoon references.

• Like 1

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I heard that you can't max out your random event items to only receive select ones (such as rerolls) anymore, and that it has changed in some way - is this true, and does anyone else have any more information? I only heard Omustardo/Castle Wars mention it in a video and haven't seen any mention of it anywhere else.

imagangster.png

I have confirmed that the system update locks ships into the minute status thing.

If they have made port randoms different so that they can't do that anymore, it seems like the post update nerfs have struck once again. Making the top players richer, the less than top player poorer...once again it pays to be quiet until you've got yours, and then burn that bridge so that only you get the benefits. Don't even have to bribe anybody, clean and simple.

8f14270694.jpg

Might wait a while for confirmation on randoms nerf, but if it is true, it's been a fun ride nonetheless (for 2 days or so).

Didn't really get extra voyage rerolls, but i still managed to max on bags of wind, ration packs, crew rerolls and get some useful "lower row boat effects", which i'm looking forward to spend once i reach the bowl.

I have confirmed that the system update locks ships into the minute status thing.

If they have made port randoms different so that they can't do that anymore, it seems like the post update nerfs have struck once again. Making the top players richer, the less than top player poorer...once again it pays to be quiet until you've got yours, and then burn that bridge so that only you get the benefits. Don't even have to bribe anybody, clean and simple.

Welcome to RuneScape!

People who abused it should be have their progress rolled back to where everyone else is at. It wouldn't be too hard to do either and show Jagex actually cares.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I disagree. I think his problem lies in the fact that there was a system update this morning, and that voyages automatically go to their "soon..." status no matter how much time is remaining and stay there until you login after the update. The game notifies you your ships have come in within seconds normally, not a minuter or so.

And so it is that I eat my words, as this changed with the update, and not for the better. Voyages now do always have around 1 minute left when you login if they were scheduled to complete anytime since you last logged in. This is instead of completing almost instantly, and is kind of annoying.

Flyingjj.png

Welcome to RuneScape!

People who abused it should be have their progress rolled back to where everyone else is at. It wouldn't be too hard to do either and show Jagex actually cares.

So that'd make banking effects for later use on much harder voyages a bannable offence :s

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Welcome to RuneScape!

So that'd make banking effects for later use on much harder voyages a bannable offence :s

That is not the same as finding an exploit and using it to get ahead of everyone, then telling everyone or Jagex about it so Jagex will fix it, when armor worth 500m+ per set is up for grabs for the first few who manage to grab it.

• Like 1

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

And so it is that I eat my words, as this changed with the update, and not for the better. Voyages now do always have around 1 minute left when you login if they were scheduled to complete anytime since you last logged in. This is instead of completing almost instantly, and is kind of annoying.

Since it always takes me at least a minute to get past the 50% loading, this change hasn't affected me too much. So...yay for me I guess?