11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Tetsu Legplates 3/4

HVLD7LW.png

Working on the 4th scroll and saving jade for 2 more JoD's. I just need 100 more then I start saving for ship #4. I also have a number voyage and a special voyage both for 3 plates, but I'm not too interested in them with my need for jade unresolved.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I have enough bones to get the vampyre scrimshaw. Should I make one and sell on it the GE or is that a waste of time?

They buy for 2m each on the GE. They make the KK and the QBD pretty simple to kill for meleeing. You can toggle/flash the scrimshaw by setting it on your actionbar and it makes it last way longer than 3 hours. I've done about 15 hours of PVM on mine with 1 hour of time remaining.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

so, i was just staring at the warehouse upgrade for jade

in order for you to recoup the cost of investment using the bonus to jade gains, you would have to earn an additional 80k jade

best use of resources amirite

8f14270694.jpg

The anchor difficulty is based on your crew and ship upgrades, I think. You'd only really have seen the 5 anchor missions in the Skull, where the jump was the worst.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The anchor difficulty is based on your crew and ship upgrades, I think. You'd only really have seen the 5 anchor missions in the Skull, where the jump was the worst.

Good explanation... Should be on the wiki lmfao.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

With how regressive the stat increases are for the last few areas, isn't that special voyage for 100 trade goods basically impossible?

I'm pretty confident I can get 7k all, in the Bowl now. Maybe 7.5k if I dump some effects. If you assume well-levelled Pincers crew and Pincers ship upgrades, another 1000 extra should be no problem. These voyages aren't meant to be 100% in any case, and with 8-8.5k all you have ~70%, which isn't bad. Although adding a merchant may make it a bit tough :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

With how regressive the stat increases are for the last few areas, isn't that special voyage for 100 trade goods basically impossible?

I'm pretty confident I can get 7k all, in the Bowl now. Maybe 7.5k if I dump some effects. If you assume well-levelled Pincers crew and Pincers ship upgrades, another 1000 extra should be no problem. These voyages aren't meant to be 100% in any case, and with 8-8.5k all you have ~70%, which isn't bad. Although adding a merchant may make it a bit tough :P.

In all the cases I have seen, the merchant is pretty much mandatory for all resource based voyages, except maybe for skull region when the Storekeeper has only 10%.

So far what I have seen is that even if I replace a crew that isn't morale with Merchant, my chance to succeed usually only drops by 10% of what it originally was (EG from 80% to 72% say), merchant makes that offset worthwhile most of the time (barring some really unfortunate circumstance of your ship taking a large chunk of your resource for repair, but that is rare).

• Like 1

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

By the time you get to trade voyages this big I think only massive crew death and complete destruction of your ship would deter you from putting a jade merchant on board.

6Ij0n.jpg

Pincers voyages are "only" 25% longer than their parallels in the Bowl :P Much more realistic honestly, can't imagine sending out a 14 hour voyage for 150 steel.

6Ij0n.jpg

It's quite unlikely that any other Pincers crew exist, given that more than 10 people are confirmed to be in the Pincers and none of them have rolled anything besides the three MCS and Oxhead crew.

6Ij0n.jpg

It's quite unlikely that any other Pincers crew exist, given that more than 10 people are confirmed to be in the Pincers and none of them have rolled anything besides the three MCS and Oxhead crew.

I dunno; early in each region I always found merchants/solidarity/golem etc. didn't really show up and even later on they were some what rare compared to the normal crew (eg maybe 1 a day vs like 5 or 6 a day). So its possible they are there just being all rare n lurky atm, but I wouldn't be super optimistic for it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In all the cases I have seen, the merchant is pretty much mandatory for all resource based voyages, except maybe for skull region when the Storekeeper has only 10%.

So far what I have seen is that even if I replace a crew that isn't morale with Merchant, my chance to succeed usually only drops by 10% of what it originally was (EG from 80% to 72% say), merchant makes that offset worthwhile most of the time (barring some really unfortunate circumstance of your ship taking a large chunk of your resource for repair, but that is rare).

While it's true that putting a jade merchant on all your voyages will net you a larger amount of jade resource than going for higher success, the rate at which you progress to the next region will be slower due to having fewer successful missions per day.

I am currently at 59% with 18 jade crew, 2 judge of dice and 3 merchants, all ship upgrades, and 2k jade. According to calculations, by the time i get to the next region, I will have accumulated at least another 18k jade, excluding resource special missions and my next building upgrade (resource reward upgrade). I'd rather get a little less jade (I think the 18k will be enough) and get to the next region faster.

You get the same distance regardless of success or abject failure, which is the only factor that affects your % progress to the next zone.

Of course, you don't want to fall into the trap where you turn up at the Pincers with hardly any upgrades, but that shouldn't be likely given the sheer amount of jade you'll acquire along the way.

6Ij0n.jpg

Given that the trade good rewards are so huge, is there even any point in wasting Jade on totems? Might as well get the Jade upgrades after everything else(4th Ship, Crew), and possibly after you have gotten a better bar for captains(since they're rare), that way with a fully decked out Jade Ship it will make the transistion into the standard Pincier Voyages easier. What do you guys think?

Failed the judge mission at 91%. Damn. That's 12 hours down the drain lol

I've failed it twice now, both times were 85% plus.

Failed it at 98%. 8)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses