11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

Everyone know how Jagex love to put random factor in many aspects of game. So we do have in PoP, but its still long term minigame so even if unlucky sooner or later you will get everything anyway. Slowly mastering crew/captains.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

Given that the trade good rewards are so huge, is there even any point in wasting Jade on totems? Might as well get the Jade upgrades after everything else(4th Ship, Crew), and possibly after you have gotten a better bar for captains(since they're rare), that way with a fully decked out Jade Ship it will make the transistion into the standard Pincier Voyages easier. What do you guys think?

Improving the rate of randoms might be good. I wonder if the random rate stacks, and if so, how often you'd get a random.

Let's not forget that common rewards can still add +30% in any given role AND that adventurer rerolls drastically increases the #of scrolls and trade goods you can get in a day.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Everyone know how Jagex love to put random factor in many aspects of game. So we do have in PoP, but its still long term minigame so even if unlucky sooner or later you will get everything anyway. Slowly mastering crew/captains.

The problem is that when they release more (accessible) armor, it'll reach the point where it's not worth doing ports because of how long it will take to get any rewards out of it.

It's kind of like chaotics: New players now can choose between grinding for hundreds of hours for chaotics, or they could grind for hundreds of hours for Drygore.

chaotics really arn't that amazing anymore, which has kind of contributed to the death of dungeoneering, which is a real pity.. ah well. I wish jagex hadn't effectively killed off dg with eoc, because t75 weapons/gear are almost as good as t80.

meamzed.png

chaotics really arn't that amazing anymore, which has kind of contributed to the death of dungeoneering, which is a real pity.. ah well. I wish jagex hadn't effectively killed off dg with eoc, because t75 weapons/gear are almost as good as t80.

Dg isn't dead because the elitest community has moved on.

I think EOC made DG more enjoyable.

I hadn't bothed with it for a year until the bind bank/ solo xp fixes/ and EOC updates.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Not so much that as the fact that the effort it takes to get certain pieces of equipment is comically inconsistent, to put it politely. There's going to be a point where it will be easier to get level 90 items than level 80 or 85 (especially 85), if only because level 90 items are a tradeable drop.

They really shot themselves in the foot by making level 80 the "endgame" tier.

Are you more likely to get 10k captains as you progress to the higher regions? Up until the bowl I had only seen one 10k captain, in my first week of the bowl Ive gotten and bought three!

Not that I've seen. I still don't see many 10k chime captains..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Soon in Solmon store item that unlock new tier of weapons just from deep of Deamonheim.

Back to PoP stuff. Sure that for some its easy to buy/acquire armour from Nex or else wait long enough to buy tradeable PoP armour just for fashionscape. Anyway if i can get something for almost free, playing port while doing other things isnt so hard 1-2 clicks, then why not to make this little effort :]

As i remember Jagex didnt say anything about when they going to introduce more better ( than 80 ) tiers into game.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

They always slowly upgrade gear. But I'm more disappoint with them continuing to try to drive prices up instead of just letting market economy work.

Port gear does take a fair amount of time, but at least presently the superior vs non-superior versions are different enough to warrant me wanting to go to the effort to get for myself.

It will take me a long time for sure though. Someday I'll have all of the port stuff :) (Probably about when it is useless)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

87% into scythe, just got my 20th scroll, Tetsu chest done.

Should hit bowl by friday.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Does anyone know if dual missions got updated? For the second time now, I sent one of a pair of adventurers, and the other simply doesn't leave any missions at all. It's really annoying to miss out on scrolls/resources like this. I'm very sure I have split pairs before and that I did get replacement single-adventurer missions, amongst which a scroll. I did have the stories done of the adventurers left, in case that matters.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Does anyone know if dual missions got updated? For the second time now, I sent one of a pair of adventurers, and the other simply doesn't leave any missions at all. It's really annoying to miss out on scrolls/resources like this. I'm very sure I have split pairs before and that I did get replacement single-adventurer missions, amongst which a scroll. I did have the stories done of the adventurers left, in case that matters.

Got the Whaler and Biologist in today, with the Whaler's storyline voyage, a Joint Acquisition for jade, and a Joint Effort for XP. Sent the storyline voyage and got a Fine Expedition for ancient bones.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Much like the icons/totems/portal, you'll need to choke up more resources to switch back and forth between bars.

Unless there are better captains than 10k captains, I think only this bar is worth the upgrade, the other 3 are pretty crappy...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Damn scroll voyages, starting to get very mad.. 4th one I fail at 85%+!!!

I feel for you...

Have you seen the wiki images of the sea singer hood? I'm really liking the coloring on them robes.

after tetsu helm I'm going to be all over the sea singer scrolls! I think I'm going to hold off on the scrimshaws... Everything is so tantalizing, but the amour means the most.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Damn scroll voyages, starting to get very mad.. 4th one I fail at 85%+!!!

I feel for you...

Have you seen the wiki images of the sea singer hood? I'm really liking the coloring on them robes.

after tetsu helm I'm going to be all over the sea singer scrolls! I think I'm going to hold off on the scrimshaws... Everything is so tantalizing, but the amour means the most.

No I havent, been away from home for a week now, only logon remotely to do PoP lol :P

I already have 33 plates but missing scroll to complete helm and sell it!!

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

Just bought my fourth ship. Yay! 53% into the Bowl. A bit behind on y'all, but I feel I'm keeping up quite decently all things considered. I've completed all the story missions for the region and all my crew has been replaced, save one cherrywood merchant, so now I'm getting the remaining ship updates.

I'm really low on scrolls (5 successful missions so far) and trade goods though, so I'd better start getting into those.