11-Dec-2012 - Player-Owned Ports

chenw

So then random increasing crew members are completely redundant as you will always gain the max number of randoms per day?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

So then random increasing crew members are completely redundant as you will always gain the max number of randoms per day?

Hmm, that's probably why I've only been getting 1 random per day for a while. Lucky I didn't bother getting the Soothsayer.

the_lad_1.png

So basically, with 1% increase for Cherrywoods and Jade Statues, and the randoms capped at 1/day, that suggests no totems are worth it. Apart from the telescope, maybe.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I have been averaging one random per day for the past two weeks but I can definitely remember having two randoms in one reset cycle before.

Made and sold a tetsu helm for 50m a few days ago. Unlocked the pincers just now. Weeee.

I have been averaging one random per day for the past two weeks but I can definitely remember having two randoms in one reset cycle before.

Made and sold a tetsu helm for 50m a few days ago. Unlocked the pincers just now. Weeee.

Its crashing really fast, yesterday they were 30m :P

Emaxganis.png

Rule #14 - Don't argue with trolls, it means they win.

At least we can deduce that, much like in reality, there are some people in RuneScape with far more money than sense. 50m for a fully degrading item with a ten-hour lifespan? Lunacy.

How about people buying pvp armour that last 20/60 minutes. Think its same fashion.

"Mieć milion i nie mieć miliona to razem dwa miliony" A. Sapkowski

At least we can deduce that, much like in reality, there are some people in RuneScape with far more money than sense. 50m for a fully degrading item with a ten-hour lifespan? Lunacy.

Just about anyone who's buying POP armour is either planning to flip them or keepsake them for looks. I don't believe that anyone is insane enough to use them for combat purposes at the current prices.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just about anyone who's buying POP armour is either planning to flip them or keepsake them for looks. I don't believe that anyone is insane enough to use them for combat purposes at the current prices.

Unless you are a die-hard ill-knowledged PVMer.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Fashionscape is another matter, but flipping inherently involves finding people who have no sense and selling them stuff at an inflated price. It essentially abuses their laziness. So I see no difference there. :P

How about people buying pvp armour that last 20/60 minutes. Think its same fashion.

There's a need to have the best armour in PvP. There isn't that same need for PvM. It's overkill when even most level 70 armours are good enough, maybe Nex armours at a push.

Anyone feel that when it comes to using the fourth ship you feel shafted once the other three are settled and out. I feel this minigame was designed for three ships and the fourth you either used as a gamble or was a half effort by saving a weak voyage for its use.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Anyone feel that when it comes to using the fourth ship you feel shafted once the other three are settled and out. I feel this minigame was designed for three ships and the fourth you either used as a gamble or was a half effort by saving a weak voyage for its use.

Being limited to only 25 crewmembers max really hurts when you have a fourth ship =/

Byzantus.png

Being limited to only 25 crewmembers max really hurts when you have a fourth ship =/

I feel like 'speed' should've been separated off from the main 3 stats and we could've had a 4th stat to play with like 'diplomacy' perhaps or speed could've been made use of better eg 'race' missions. Also the Jagex wiki kinda implied there was purple hatted speed-crew to match the red, green and blue hats opposed to JUST speed special units and we have seen speed captains, so I wonder if it was planned but dropped at the last minute

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The fourth ship encourages planning your voyages a lot more than just three, exactly because of the limit of 25 crew. It also increases the value of units like the Bowl and Pincers special units.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Like I said earlier, I was still able to send 4 ships at 100% without any boosts or saving up low requirement voyages [5 Farcriers for 15k morale; JoD, Chimera, Golem, Farcrier + Hunter for 8k morale and 5 Sea Dogs for 14k Seafaring to answer Jeremy earlier], and even aside from that, I can consistently send them all out at over 85% (which is the lowest % I would go with voyages at this point in time) so it's not like it's a massive risk at any point. It does require some planning like Enaid said, as it encourages you to think about what units you can afford to send in your first ship without compromising what you are able to send in your fourth. 5 spare crew and a spare captain gives you all the leeway you should need towards the end of a region.

Also, you should also only send one ship out first, ideally one with expendable crew (work that out from the other two voyages). Then work out how to arrange the remaining three ships rather than figure out what to do with the last one once the first three have been sent out. If that doesn't give satisfactory % for all three, send out another ship and hope the reroll is good; if not, rinse and repeat.

Even if you can't send all four ships in your highest region consistently, having a fourth is useful in other ways so maybe it shouldn't be thought of in the same way as getting the second or third boat. Given a lot of crew is already expended on three voyages, it makes it better suited to trawling lower regions for those resources. It also means you won't be screwed over as much if you choose to let your ship be repaired at the dry docks.

Also, which totems would people say are the best to get? I am pretty much stating that it is useful to have totems built because there will be a point where you have excess Jade and Cherrywood, and I highly doubt using that to switch between bars or repairing ships is a better idea.

• Like 2
sweepsig.png

Just wondering. Does Pincers have a Next Zone bar?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101