Super September is Coming!

Nobody

To be fair, only one of the people who doesn't work is really a true King that should work. All the others are rulers, of which none seem to work at all--so the whole "rulers" thing might've been an unintended typo.

You can see this in that Mawnis Burowgar doesnt work but King Sorvott does--they wouldn't check one Fremmenik Isle and not the other, it seems to be intentional.

Are you saying Awowogei is not a true king, human?

• Like 2
isiildur.png

Well, at least it's poorly done, the tasks should be able to be completed without any levels or quests, without quests you won't get far. Also, from another point of view, not doing any quests could give an advantage, as the fairy king still exists, Owen, Ozan and Ariane are still at their quest marks, and so on.

And the fairy queen doesn't even work.

Well, at least it's poorly done, the tasks should be able to be completed without any levels or quests, without quests you won't get far. Also, from another point of view, not doing any quests could give an advantage, as the fairy king still exists, Owen, Ozan and Ariane are still at their quest marks, and so on.

And the fairy queen doesn't even work.

Fairy Queen worked for me. I haven't done any of the Fairy quests though.

canifis.png

Seems like the other Kings/Queens (not just Fairy Queen) do work for some people, just that they don't work if they are replaced with a different version of themselves (Not always visually apparent) after a quest and you have completed said quest.

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

The Legendaries work outside of the Guilds

Xenia - Still at Lumbridge Cemetary...

Ozan, Ariane, Sir Owen, Linza and The Raptor appear in different places depending on how far into the quest your are. And they appear in other places, apart from their quest places, but only for a short time

Duke of Lumbridge, Razmire, and the legend's guild members don't work.

King Roald and Ellamaria do.

Edit:

Gives Credit:

King Roald

Ellamaria

King Arthur

King Lathas

King Vargas

Queen Siegfried

King Gjuki Sorvott IV

King Bolren

King Veldaban

Senliten (how this one got marked but some of the others didn't surprised me)

Should give credit but don't:

Sir Amiz Varze

King Narnode Shareen

Awowogei

Duke Horacio

Razmire

Legends guild members

Emir

Osman

High Priest in Sophanem

Chief Tess

Kara Meir

Lord Iorwerth

The Fisher King (fairy code: BJR) work as well.

ArchangelSignature.jpg

Seems like the other Kings/Queens (not just Fairy Queen) do work for some people, just that they don't work if they are replaced with a different version of themselves (Not always visually apparent) after a quest and you have completed said quest.

Kinda feels like I've been punished for having a quest cape...

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

It comes to something when we know more about runescape's kings, queens and rulers than Jagex do....learn your lore in future jagex please...

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

Kinda feels like I've been punished for having a quest cape...

I sort of felt that way too, but in a sense it's no real different than the noncombat players who were in a sense "punished" because they had to go into the wilderness for yesterday's challenge early-on when it was thick with PKers.

hzvjpwS.gif

I sort of felt that way too, but in a sense it's no real different than the noncombat players who were in a sense "punished" because they had to go into the wilderness for yesterday's challenge early-on when it was thick with PKers.

I did multiple runs between reset time (midnight GMT) and the next few hours.. Zero pkers.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Obviously a lot of people didn't have that same experience and I was very careful not to imply otherwise.

As frustrating as the annoyances with yesterday and today's challenges were, I found them much more enjoyable than standing in one place and eating a bunch of bananas.

• Like 1

hzvjpwS.gif

I did multiple runs between reset time (midnight GMT) and the next few hours.. Zero pkers.

This. And because one was carrying no items (well, I carried like 5 sharks), there was virtually zero risk. I saw not a single soul during my run, and I actually had to run to the KBD to get killed (I couldn't find the members wildy door, for some reason).

Even if you did get killed, it was a minor nuisance at worst. The Wild is dead and so are the Pk'ers that inhabited it and they ain't coming back.

This. And because one was carrying no items (well, I carried like 5 sharks), there was virtually zero risk. I saw not a single soul during my run, and I actually had to run to the KBD to get killed (I couldn't find the members wildy door, for some reason).

Even if you did get killed, it was a minor nuisance at worst. The Wild is dead and so are the Pk'ers that inhabited it and they ain't coming back.

Yesterdays challenge was potentially tough due to player interactions (I had no pkers around 7am gmt) todays is tough due to lack of planning or knowledge of there own lore/NPCS. Granted both are better than say eat 50 bananas...but please Jagex get your facts right in future over tasks like todays...

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

What really irked me is that only the Jaitzo kind counted; not the Neiznot. Chief Bundit didn't count. Narnode didn't count, but Borlin did. REALLY?

And the Duke should have counted, too! He is for all intents and purposes the ruler of Lumbridge. Urgh.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

What really irked me is that only the Jaitzo kind counted; not the Neiznot. Chief Bundit didn't count. Narnode didn't count, but Borlin did. REALLY?

And the Duke should have counted, too! He is for all intents and purposes the ruler of Lumbridge. Urgh.

The ruler of Neitiznot is a Burgher, while Jatizso's leader is explicitly a King. Duke Horacio is, well, a Duke--and it seems like non-King/Queen rulers weren't allowed for the challenge despite what the newspost says. Very odd, but at least its following some rhyme and reason.

Only ones which seem to be left out are Fairy Queen, King Narnode, and King Awowogei, who all seem to work for certain people at certain stages of their respective quests, making it a bug rather than an oversight.

Overall there seems to be some sort of lack of communication between the people actually coding the task and the people writing the explanations for it. :-k

Binary_Mage.pngxJgdnyi.png

The Fallen Diviner

The task specifies Kings, Queens or Rulers. (As well as the sig heroes)

The lack of being a king or queen is not a reason to be excluded, as long as you are ruling something.

This is the list I have from word of mouth etc of people who quite clearly rule something (or are a sig hero) that do not work:

Sir Amik Vaze

Cheiftan Brundt

Mawnis Burwogar

The Emir of Al-Khaird

The Fairy Queen once Fairytale series is started.

Fairy Godfather during Fairytale series.

Jadinko Queen

King Narnode Shareen

Duke Horacio

Archmage Seridor

Chieftain Gunthor

Commander Denulth

All 6 signatures heroes inside the Champions, Heros and Legends guilds.

King Awogei

Awusah the Mayor

Mayor Eustace Hobb

Ali the Mayor

Hamal the Cheiftain

Captain Rovin

Harrallak Menarous

Ramokee Skinweaver in Polypore

Chief Tess

Chief Thief Robin

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The 6 signature heroes not counting in the guilds don't bother me as much. I suspect they did to force you to go out into the world to read the different dialogues they had. But really, Cheiftan Brundt and Mawnis Burwogar not counting? King Awogei? Seriously?

In other news, the bulldog challenge is really easy since all the troll have went back under their bridges. If you won't make all 30 challenges this month I suggest to you Bulldog. Only requires 21 runs to get in atm. If you manage 10 runs for the next 5 days after breaking in, I think you can pull off being in the top 1k by the end.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I can understand why people like the Duke don't count, because they aren't rulers - there's someone over them in charge of that area who just delegates to them. But ones like Cheiftan Brundt (who is the ruler of his area, unless I'm mistaken?) and King Awogei not working is weird.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I don't see the logic of having a senior = not a ruler.

The Duke is still ruling over Lumbridge, yes if King Rolad tells him to do something he has to do it but he is largely independent and in charge of ruling over the subjects and lands. I mean does Battle of Lumbridge not showcase this exact fact what with King Rolad doing nothing whilst the Duke works to defend and rebuild?

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The ONLY reason I can argue that Awogei doesn't work is because he is a scenery object and not an actual actor.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

World 138

Soul Wars

~20 minutes after reset

Hosting game in clan, feel free to come along and get your game for the day ticked off.

Might start a tad after depending on how long we take to clear divine locations (come for that as well if you want, ~10 minutes after reset).

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

The Duke is still ruling over Lumbridge, yes if King Rolad tells him to do something he has to do it but he is largely independent and in charge of ruling over the subjects and lands. I mean does Battle of Lumbridge not showcase this exact fact what with King Rolad doing nothing whilst the Duke works to defend and rebuild?

Because you give Jagex a simple task, they'll manage to figure out a way to screw it up. I'd hate to see them cook.

"I made grilled cheese."

"There's no cheese."

"Ah crap."

"Or bread."

"Ah crap."

"And you burned the house down."

• Like 3

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Because you give Jagex a simple task, they'll manage to figure out a way to screw it up. I'd hate to see them cook.

"I made grilled cheese."

"There's no cheese."

"Ah crap."

"Or bread."

"Ah crap."

"And you burned the house down."

"Anyway, here's that cup of ramen you wanted"

"This is a goldfish in a bag"

• Like 2