11-Dec-2013 - The Bird and the Beast (World Event 2)

Ned

To the people complaining that the world event is not balanced:

The entire idea of this world event is to let the players decide who wins and who dies...

I thinck this is working out pretty well actually, there is a clear conscensus amongst players as to who deserves to live...

If Jagex where to 'rebalance' it, it would defeat the entire purpose of the event...

Actually, there were a significant amount of people who were opposed to the 'purpose' of this world event from the start, as soon as it got announced at Runefest; there was a petition shortly up afterwards. Yes, the point of the world event is to kill one god via popularity question; but the point that the opposition has is that this is a terrible idea.

To the people complaining that the world event is not balanced:

The entire idea of this world event is to let the players decide who wins and who dies...

I thinck this is working out pretty well actually, there is a clear conscensus amongst players as to who deserves to live...

If Jagex where to 'rebalance' it, it would defeat the entire purpose of the event...

Actually, there were a significant amount of people who were opposed to the 'purpose' of this world event from the start, as soon as it got announced at Runefest; there was a petition shortly up afterwards. Yes, the point of the world event is to kill one god via popularity question; but the point that the opposition has is that this is a terrible idea.

My point was that Jagex succeeded in doing what they wanted to do.

I myself am not that opposed to the idea of killing a god.

You do however make a valid point that killing of such a mayor influence in the game (even if it is by player choice) presents obvious lore problems/questions.

I just hope Jagex can make Bandos' dead (or Armadyls, however unliky) somehow mean something for Runescape without destroying mayor parts of lore/quest plots/player fanbase/...

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

It's rather rushed, Bandos is rather one-dimensional, for it to really mean anything. And obviously it can't really live up the Guthix-death standard. Also, though the lore problems are there, even more importantly, it makes the gameplay of WE2 rather horrible.

Did they really need a 'world event' to kill bandos? A simple poll on the website would have been enough.

So much wasted development time.

This, when you're going to make it "good" vs "evil" the decision is already decided. What's the point of pretending there was going to be a different outcome? I doubt Jagex even has prepared lore/future content that has Bandos surviving.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

Any one know how long each phase will take?

This question is the pinnacle of how hard it would be to get the renown...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

I'm hoping they will do something about Metal fragments, I don't intend chasing caravans for countless hours just to get 14 shards every 3rd caravan...

• Like 6

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Did they really need a 'world event' to kill bandos? A simple poll on the website would have been enough.

This, when you're going to make it "good" vs "evil" the decision is already decided. What's the point of pretending there was going to be a different outcome? I doubt Jagex even has prepared lore/future content that has Bandos surviving.

Justice is neither!

:3

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Justice is neither!

:3

Hehe, the default image without score influence shows Armadyl winning.  Ironic.

bird_and_the_beast_banner-11115800-800px

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I am not opposed to killing off gods but right now it is wayyyy too early. The God Wars raged for years and apparently not many of the gods died. Now all of a sudden they're going to be dropping like flies?

It would be better if the winner would push the loser into temporary submission, and the winner would also be the main character in an upcoming quest series.

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Can we even buy all rewards from both factions? I ran some numbers and they tell me it's a bit over 6 weeks to buy everything

-200k for warpriest set

-228k for emotes

-135k for titles

This is 563k per faction

Plus 158k for the three abilities

A total of 1284k renown needed, with 30k/daily, it would be 42,8 days, or 6,11 weeks

So...Am I missing something here?

you can get additional renown from  divine crystals

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Can we even buy all rewards from both factions? I ran some numbers and they tell me it's a bit over 6 weeks to buy everything

-200k for warpriest set

-228k for emotes

-135k for titles

This is 563k per faction

A total of 1284k renown needed, with 30k/daily, it would be 42,8 days, or 6,11 weeks

You don't get additional renown if you have reached your maximum for the day.

2j3qh46.jpg

Fastest way to get 30k renown?

Enable PVP and AFK at a building. Just gotta pay a little attention so that you don't get PKed. Shouldn't really be a problem if you went Armadyl. Takes like 30 minutes or less.

Also, constructor's garb and the construction chisel both work there.

• Like 2

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

-200k for warpriest set

-228k for emotes

-135k for titles

This is 563k per faction

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw a druid standing near where a special event had just taken place. When I talked to him, he offered a free sample of some potion he'd been concocting, the effect of which restored 4744 (iirc) potential for earning renown, which allowed me to go over the daily limit.

2dgucz6.png

Enable PVP and AFK at a building. Just gotta pay a little attention so that you don't get PKed. Shouldn't really be a problem if you went Armadyl. Takes like 30 minutes or less.

Thank you. Doing/did this.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Thank you. Doing/did this.

Yep.  Another tip is to pick a world with very little players, as once people get their 30k they barely participate and just get back to the rest of RS so all the places are deserted.  I've been 'PvP' the whole event and have almost never been in combat.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I agree that it's fine that the event's outcome is basically decided already. That makes sense, because that's how the playerbase stands.

What I don't like is how un-fun the gameplay becomes as a result of that. In BoL, the gameplay was rewarding and fun regardless of which side yo uwere on. In this, the gameplay as Bandos sucks pretty terribly. That needs addressing.

Un-fun?

As Armadyl has sided with me ;) I'd like to have fun and go to the Bandos occupied worlds to surprise the occasional straggler :D

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

-200k for warpriest set

-228k for emotes

-135k for titles

This is 563k per faction

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw a druid standing near where a special event had just taken place. When I talked to him, he offered a free sample of some potion he'd been concocting, the effect of which restored 4744 (iirc) potential for earning renown, which allowed me to go over the daily limit.

For the special event, yes, you can go over your daily renown. The divine crystals won't get you over it though.

2j3qh46.jpg